Fps wont increase ?

Discussions about UT99
Hitman
Adept

Fps wont increase ?

Post by Hitman »

I finely got around to bye a new video-card and monitor, got great stuff that can use G-sync and the monitor can go up to 240hz, and looks right in windows but not in UT99 its going up to 160 and nothing I test or change in UT seams to increase it..
Tested
UT 469,436
openGL, XopenGL,D3D9
with or without G-sync
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Re: Fps wont increase ?

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

CTR + F 160 in unrealtournament.ini find fps limit change to number you want.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Already tested, both true preferences and the ini :help:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Does this really help ? Just asking...
https://caseguard.com/articles/how-many ... n-eye-see/
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:37 pm Does this really help ? Just asking...
https://caseguard.com/articles/how-many ... n-eye-see/
Thanks for the link, Sektor. :tu: Cause I have been wondering the same thing. I average 120 on my laptop, and I am more than satisfied with that. But...there may be things that one is not taking into account, who knows? Let's see what others think.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

People who think the eye cant see the difference between 60 and higher are just dumbasses, or they think playing at 200fps on 60hz is really 200fps
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I could definitely notice a difference in 60 to 144, I just want to know if it gets even better with 240 hehe :satan:
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Code: Select all

FrameRateLimit=0
RefreshRate=0
SwapInterval=1 (vsync)
When your monitor is set to 144/240 hz your UT should also be at this FPS (when set above) Display settings>Advanced display settings>Display adapter properties>Monitor tab
Make sure your vsync settings are not overrided by nvidia control panel / amd catalyst control center / or any other driver or third party tool.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (11.21 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:56 pm People who think the eye cant see the difference between 60 and higher are just dumbasses, or they think playing at 200fps on 60hz is really 200fps
Perhaps all of them writing those articles are all dumb and nobody is telling them their story... The fact is I saw in the past some documentary comparing human eye with some small animals... You cannot beat them :lol: . Certain insects can figure world at 100+ fps - it's not like you can be in a competition with them.

Let me see another scenario
I'm activating displaying refresh-rate on one of my Phones. It shows 60. Let me know how goes a video having a higher FPS as some applications are capable to record. What exactly is being displayed ? No more than 60 ? Then... I have no reasons for using higher rates than 25, 23.976 which are some standards used for years and nobody was killed by such a movie. I think it's a technical hypocrisy which I will never understand... like those HP machines unable to deal ever with 1GB network with that PIV HT CPU, and we talk about a brand not a garage manufacturing. And I tested this using two similar machines connected and transferring a large amount of data. The same as a Dell having DDR1 - 64 MB video memory but... an amazing Drive on IDE and 1GB Network - fake news and stories. That drive will never write data with 80-90 MB/s - but never - also tested. Processing that Network requires a large amount of CPU power which those machines are not having - but we have more technical myths crawling on this Earth...

If an application is showing 200 fps perhaps I cannot figure if this number is a real one, just saying...
I'm not ranting, I was sharing my thoughts around subject, you can ignore me but also you can do some research.
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

Differences from a 60hz to a 144hz are for sure noticeable.
From 144 to 240 is hardly noticeable for the human eye.

Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Tested all, still stuck at 160 and what I read V-sync should be off.
Monitor AOC 27G2G8
Videocard Gforce RTX 3060 12GB
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

Hitman wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:19 am Tested all, still stuck at 160 and what I read V-sync should be off.
Monitor AOC 27G2G8
Videocard Gforce RTX 3060 12GB
Graphic card might not be powerful enough to run Unreal Tournament 1999 higher then 160 fps :tongue:

All jokes aside, some monitors have a build in fps cap in their firmware.
Have you went through the panel-menu of the monitor to verify this ?

You are probably right about VSync=False when you got G-Sync.
Although UT should get the value 160 from somewhere, this could be some driver or other tools on the background.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:45 am Perhaps all of them writing those articles are all dumb and nobody is telling them their story... The fact is I saw in the past some documentary comparing human eye with some small animals... You cannot beat them :lol: . Certain insects can figure world at 100+ fps - it's not like you can be in a competition with them.
Eye's do not see in frames per second, you can clearly see the difference in objects moving, there is less delay on the updates on the screen and much more of them at higher fps with higher hz, if you play at 60fps on a 144hz monitor you wasted your money, if you play at 200fps on a 60hz monitor your input will be faster but stuff on screen will look much worse(bigger skips between frame a and b) on high speed moving objects compared to 200hz + 200fps.

You talk about movies being 25fps, you do not interact with a movie. :facepalm:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:22 pm You talk about movies being 25fps, you do not interact with a movie. :facepalm:
Yes, on a screen can be a movie, for real environment story is changed. Definitely on 60 HZ higher FPS are pointless, screen doesn't show more, agree here, it's logic.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:22 pmif you play at 60fps on a 144hz monitor you wasted your money, if you play at 200fps on a 60hz monitor your input will be faster but stuff on screen will look much worse(bigger skips between frame a and b) on high speed moving objects compared to 200hz + 200fps.
Thanks, this is what I wanted to know. :tu:

Automatically merged

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:26 pm Definitely on 60 HZ higher FPS are pointless
Perfect, thanks. This said, what would be the ideal fps for 60HZ? And where should I set the framerate limit? Cause I was having some stuttering and I think (clarifying...I said think) it got better after limiting. That and changing the Windows power settings. I was also having the music speed up issue, but it stopped, at least for a while.