Discussions about everything else
Ubir4
Adept

Does anyone know the name of this map?

Post by Ubir4 »

MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Re: Does anyone know the name of this map?

Post by MEAT »

The pic I see is of 3 towers is DM-Morpheus...but the video/capture the flag is of another map or two.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Seriously? The first one looks like 1 on 1 Egypt. But this is an hour and a half video, with many maps. Which one? All of them? :?
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

The first map, very beaultiful. Does anyone know the name of this map? And UT99 469C Beta?
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Ubir4 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:18 am The first map, very beaultiful. Does anyone know the name of this map? And UT99 469C Beta?
Confirmed. It is CTF-1on1-Egypt, very tiny letters at the bottom, but the map name is there. https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 0eebb.html

EDIT: About 469c, my guess is that some have access to beta versions of the patch. But that is just me speculating. Anyway, I always prefer the official version, it is supposed to be more stable, I think.
EDIT2: You know what? Been a while since I played that map, thanks for reminding me it exists. I'm going to play a bit with it right now. Oh and, don't know if you have tried them, but if you like 1on1 CTF, look for "Joust" in the name. Very fun ones. :tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

CTF-1on1-Egypt... and for future reference, every known UT scoreboard has somewhere on it the map name.

For this one it was located in the upper right center.

I didn't watch the whole video, but if there are other maps in there than that's how you find the names of them.
Attachments
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzClip0003.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Thank's, downloading the map.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:54 pm CTF-1on1-Egypt... and for future reference, every known UT scoreboard has somewhere on it the map name.
:? Too bad that Scoreboard doesn't show when map has HOMS due to the two Portals wrong placed in the same Place - one was not enough...
HOM_Egypt.png
The starts are miss-balanced and placed in other base without AlternatePaths and Paths to the Platform over movers...
1on1 map for 2-4 players. I never knew that 1on1 can be 4. I don't get the problem about breaking these naming conventions established in community. This is a 2on2 map anyway and even 3on3 map.

It looks very good, I would like to see such maps executed with more attention at details and without screwed up settings - NORMAL maps with other words.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:24 am 1on1 map for 2-4 players. I never knew that 1on1 can be 4.
I feel that this is some sort of sarcasm...but ok, I will answer anyway. You do know that the suggested player count is just that, a suggestion, right? There are days when I say, man, I don't care about skill and rules tonight, I just want to shoot some bots, and I fire up Fractal with 10+ bots, and you know what? It is fun, very relaxing actually. :D
Now, about Egypt, this is a "joust style" CTF map. To me, these maps are perfect for 1 on 1. But you can have whatever players you want, no problem. There is a joust map that even suggests 99 players :lol2: , it has a really loud techno umx btw.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Of course it's a fun map... because I'll drop away debris data and lousy settings.