Interesting... let me see what is there BEFORE any rebuild, then... I'll rebuild paths but not before to clean up old data - old data I think it does junk bytes and borked specs not listed correctly.
In this state as first note - It Is Over-Loaded much over 3000 array. Then... I see funky data:
Code: Select all
SpecMissing: Pruned Spec with index 374 could not be found inside DefensePoint0 . Trying to attach ReachSpec.
SpecMissing: Pruned Spec with index 376 could not be found inside DefensePoint0 . Trying to attach ReachSpec.
SpecMissing: Pruned Spec with index 600 could not be found inside LiftExit29 . Trying to attach ReachSpec.
SpecMissing: Pruned Spec with index 605 could not be found inside LiftExit29 . Trying to attach ReachSpec.
Just my two cents...
I have the confirmation - you are perfectly right. We have 7074 ReachSpecs and some of them are not placed where they should be. Editor does garbage. Perhaps now you understand me why I wrote my own tool - even in UScript. That thing is not messing up like here, and I don't need any PrunedPath, I can attach considered missing paths later if I want them + full support for Titans and all those "Big Ones" (ECoop, MonsterHunt, etc.)
: Even if map is more simple, Editor won't attach all ReachSpecs where they need to be. Eh... Polge...
Thank you, Buggie for your research, now I have all reasons for using my custom tool as much as possible (- or using it for fixing that miserable work of Goblin ).
What's my deduction ? If you can see paths In Editor this doesn't means that all are usable in game, TranslocDest shows the method of removing paths when are not needed and... this stage is very similar, undefined Specs in Navigation Network are not used - logic.
: Certain maps cannot have all Specs FIXED because... are too many for fitting into Lists referencing the same node. I added a complete report of fixes and failures into my checker tool. If 18 ReachSpecs are having the same node as start, all those out of array should be DELETED as they have no usage at all.
Code: Select all
LostData: ReachSpecs missing from Paths[0-15] = 1110.
LostData: ReachSpecs missing from upStreamPaths[0-15] = 852.
FixedWithSuccess: ReachSpecs successfuly attached = 1758.
FixFailures: ReachSpecs attaching failures - probably no place = 204.
SpecTest: Testing and fixing specs took:
SpecCheckLocator: Checking Specs Localization has been finished.
Even if in 469c these fixes will be implemented, things are not going to work normally, simply this charge is over Paths Lists. If you have 20 ReachSpecs going from a PathNode and Paths List has 16 places, it will be NO ROOM for all ReachSpecs based on such pathing insanity - very logic. Once again, overcharging a map doesn't improve anything. This dev should never generate more than 16 Specs for a PathNode. Previous 592NN Deck map if it's rebuild my tweaks are getting lost but... Editor won't do any error in Paths as they are placed generating around 1170+ ReachSpecs - ALL normal
However... I did another private demo map with a few paths. Original DevPath did ZERO errors, all was build in original - including paths over a Trap-Mover - there are only 50 ReachSpecs. Hit me with a PM if you want to see it.
Before XC ages and before everything Paths related, my MAP MH-3072-FloorWays_rv1 (even rv2 because paths are the same) does NOT include any Lost ReachSpec, all data is placed normally as the map is following what Polge was saying/recommending/explaining and using only UT Editor 436/440. If a "mapper" does modifications without to know what was about it will cause damage to map as the map doesn't need any editing being checked multiple times.