[Release]DM-SOS]V[

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

[Release]DM-SOS]V[

Post by Pikko »

Released Project ----> DM-SOS]V[
:geek:
:roll:
:D
:shock:

**//
PICS updated *SOS*
Attachments
DM-SOS]V[.rar
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: [Release]DM-SOS]V[

Post by TankBeef »

Wow, that was fast. :shock: I will have to wait until tonight to play this release. Pikko, did you check what I mentioned about the bots not going to the upper floor?
Pikko
Skilled

Post by Pikko »

TankBeef wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:01 pm Wow, that was fast. :shock: I will have to wait until tonight to play this release. Pikko, did you check what I mentioned about the bots not going to the upper floor?
Yes , i have checked it. All seems to be Fine. :tu:
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Beautiful and fun, like it should be. :gj:
Well, don't know about you, but I love to relax on the pool after some good fragging. 8)
Shot02096.png
Just don't pick the wrong one :facepalm:
Shot02099.png
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Good use of space, it's both open and closed at the same time. Bots go everywhere, transparencies are well used here.
Image Image Image Image
I like it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Another solid map by you, interesting that you keep with a very similar theme in your maps, but hey not complaining :P
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:47 pm Another solid map by you, interesting that you keep with a very similar theme in your maps, but hey not complaining :P
The maps may indeed look similar, but the theme itself feels modern and fresh. I was actually telling Pikko that people are always saying "why bother making new maps after 20+ years, at this point everything has been explored and done, bla bla bla...", yet these maps show that interesting and beautiful things can still come out of this game. So please, don't stop mapping. :tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:47 pm Another solid map by you, interesting that you keep with a very similar theme in your maps, but hey not complaining :P
The colors are refreshing.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Pikko
Skilled

Post by Pikko »

Thanks for that. Well, this is my style and I understand that it is not for everyone, but that's probably the way it is with most things in life. :)

Automatically merged

TankBeef wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:08 pm
The maps may indeed look similar, but the theme itself feels modern and fresh. I was actually telling Pikko that people are always saying "why bother making new maps after 20+ years, at this point everything has been explored and done, bla bla bla...", yet these maps show that interesting and beautiful things can still come out of this game. So please, don't stop mapping. :tu:
Thanks TB. :D
I will continue to make Maps as long as I think it's fun and that someone appreciates them. :tu:
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

Wow, this map is better than I expected, the layout is so elegant and simple, I had a lot of fun with this map and yes my boy the Ripper is here 8)

Great job Pikko, keep it up. :tu:
Somewhere in Nevada...
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

Beautiful map, I just played a hardcore match over there, wow!
TankBeef wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:20 am Well, don't know about you, but I love to relax on the pool
Just don't pick the wrong one :facepalm:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

Nice work Pikko :tu:
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Very cool map mr pikko. Not much of a DM person because I am not very good at it, but I liked the map. I liked the clean look and feel of it. Flow was a little choppy for me, maybe because I was dying a lot??? but those player starts that are pointed at the bad pool were a big problem for me when i restarted and my first step put me in the bad pool, kinda sucked. Would have liked them to have been rotated so you could take 1 step without bad pool damage.

I really like the shoot triggers activating the elevators. That was a nice touch and kept the flow working as you traversed the different levels.

The upper level was kinda open. I might have added something to hide behind or use as a obstructed view. A box or column or something. Not sure what but just so it could be a little more diverse than just being wide open area.
But really loved the see through floors. Well done and very nice effect.

The overall look of the map gets a 10. Very pretty atmosphere. Even though the arena may have simple geometry, it all works the way you have trimmed everything out so nicely.

Not sure if there are player starts upstairs? Seemed like it was not as crowded up there for whatever reason, the bots seemed to mostly prefer to hang out below. Not that they never went up, because they do. There may be a slight unbalance between to goodies below and the goodies above. Nothing major as the map really works great and plays well. Keep them coming. It's hard to believe you made this in a couple of weeks. You have a real gift.