MH-AMC-Modular

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

MH-AMC-Modular

Post by Buggie »

Conversion for monsterhunt this map:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13080

Map increased in 2 times.
MH-AMC-Modular_.png

MH-AMC-ModularV6.7z
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
Last edited by Buggie on Thu May 12, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Re: MH-AMC-Modular

Post by FraGnBraG »

presume you got permissions from Krullor to do this?
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

It's pretty!

Curious to see if you bypassed the issue I had, never could get the DM version working.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

FraGnBraG wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:23 am presume you got permissions from Krullor to do this?
Yes.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

MAMCModular_b2.PNG
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:03 am Curious to see if you bypassed the issue I had, never could get the DM version working.
How come? I play that map a lot, and never have problems. :shock: Does it crash or give you errors?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

TankBeef wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:59 amDoes it crash or give you errors?
Just doesn't load, I get oversized texture warnings.

Some mappers use textures larger than 256x256, and it's not always a problem but sometimes it is.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I used ScreenShots with textures 1024 × 1024 in certain map and even a dynamic ScreenShot. This is NOT a problem in D3D rendering from UT until map is saved from U227 and then... Good Luck with that. I already described this problem X times - it's already a redundant problem encountered which won't get self-solved. If ScreenShot would be in another package story would be changed. This is what 227 does at textures embedded in maps. D3D9 doesn't show these issues until we talk about that "byte material" which causes another lock-down in UT.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I have nothing special other than GOTY 436 openGL and with High res textures, I never had a problem with those larger textures. ever, for years and years.

FIX YOUR INSTALL.
Binary Space Partitioning
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Red_Fist wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:02 am I have nothing special other than GOTY 436 openGL and with High res textures, I never had a problem with those larger textures. ever, for years and years.

FIX YOUR INSTALL.
Nothing more to add. Well...maybe this. I was thinking, Grins does not use 469, so maybe...but I even put the map on a 436 stock version I use for testing with absolutely nothing added, and it works. What about the logs, Grins, or the console? Nothing there? :shock:
And yes, I use Hi-res textures too.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, I started map with D3D and then... I think it's not the old render problem of EG but another thing... such as a packages-soup, U files VS Uax VS Utx named in the same way or another packages problem where certain classes are missing...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:44 pm Okay, I started map with D3D and then... I think it's not the old render problem of EG but another thing... such as a packages-soup, U files VS Uax VS Utx named in the same way or another packages problem where certain classes are missing...
That is probably right.
The only reason I chimed in here for that was.

I think it was my MH electrolyte, and he couldn't get it to work for this size problem.

So wanting the map to work for everyone I went through and remade things that use a 256 only.
But now he has another one, so I say fix your UT, install it and bring in fresh stuff.
I still have my old UT installed and deleted a ton of crap, but I am paranoid to get rid of other things till I am sure.
WHY ? because I let it get to big and messy so I will never know what file goes to what, if I need it later.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Usually reinstalling and doing settings it's time consuming. I have another solution probably more cheap as time spent. Moving newer files elsewhere by ordering them based on time-stamp. Stock has a time-stamp and what was added later has other time-stamp. But if he is still having an UTDMT.u and UTDMT.UTX (which is another U file renamed as UTX) and other ones using generic names in all assets you cannot expect to see these working normally. Recently I had the same issue with that Wolf3D - everything was a Wolf in 3D doing damage. This way is the wrong way. It's not like packages could not have names more relevant:
- Wolf3D_res.u
- Wolf3D_Tex.UTX
- Wolf3D_Snd.Uax
And so on and so forth.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

V3
- fix floating nali.
- increased armor and health in 10 times.
- remove not necessary player block.
- fix path to one lift.
- add ending flyby.
- small fixes and improvements.

Updated on first post: viewtopic.php?p=130959#p130959[hr][/hr]

Automatically merged

Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

Interesting, why so high CPU load with this map? About ~50% higher than e.g. with MH-SkaarjTower (one of the most CPU-consuming map).