MH-FoT-Shasmah

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

MH-FoT-Shasmah

Post by Buggie »

Conversion for MonsterHunt this map:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... a343f.html
MH-FoT-Shasmah.jpg

MH-FoT-ShasmahV3.7z
(9.57 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
Last edited by Buggie on Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: MH-FoT-Shasmah

Post by sektor2111 »

Nice One...
I'll reconvert it if I won't see flaws... because I'm not interested about any Assault-MonsterHunt soup going nowhere:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: AssaultRandomizer MH-FoT-ShasmahV0.AssaultRandomizer3 (Function Botpack.AssaultRandomizer.CostEnabled.SpecialCost:004E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AssaultRandomizer MH-FoT-ShasmahV0.AssaultRandomizer2 (Function Botpack.AssaultRandomizer.CostEnabled.SpecialCost:0046) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AssaultRandomizer MH-FoT-ShasmahV0.AssaultRandomizer2 (Function Botpack.AssaultRandomizer.CostEnabled.SpecialCost:004E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AssaultRandomizer MH-FoT-ShasmahV0.AssaultRandomizer1 (Function Botpack.AssaultRandomizer.CostEnabled.SpecialCost:0046) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AssaultRandomizer MH-FoT-ShasmahV0.AssaultRandomizer1 (Function Botpack.AssaultRandomizer.CostEnabled.SpecialCost:004E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AssaultRandomizer MH-FoT-ShasmahV0.AssaultRandomizer0 (Function Botpack.AssaultRandomizer.CostEnabled.SpecialCost:0046) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: AssaultRandomizer MH-FoT-ShasmahV0.AssaultRandomizer0 (Function Botpack.AssaultRandomizer.CostEnabled.SpecialCost:004E) Accessed None
I think I failed to understand if map can be ended in the way how is placed MonsterEnd - or it's something set different and method escapes me.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I was wrong, map can be ended, in fact in XC_MonsterHunt the map ends itself as long as Monsters are attacking Forts since attacking stationary Pawns was a MH goal since MH-LostSouls and some dude here was writing FlockPawns which are aggressive, similar to a BiterFish capable to kill monsters easily because monster did not answer at their attack - just stupidly dying. Due to new required "aggressivity" against attitude code of a monster, XC controller is firing an evil reaction to closer visible pawns as they don't have any reason for being visible or damaging them to be taken in account. I replaced forts with my MHFort which I wrote in 2016 and I think I have map in good state. Forts that needs only to be triggered are useless, MonsterWayPoint and a plain stock Trigger does the task without any error.

Triggering is being changed as TimedTrigger starts itself and there is no reason to be triggered with another trigger. And TimedTrigger will have another mission: It will engage a StochasticTrigger concerning PathSwitcher actors.

Last stage is reducing paths because we don't need this charge. Right now I got 1836 ReachSpecs but... there are places where is no reason to overload the spot more than is needed and generating never used paths.
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

There is a little problem in the final location... Once that location is unlocked player can easily bypass it by destroying the final flag by any guided missile weapon, this starts a flyby mode and then triggers the MonsterEnd. Another side issue in this case is that players which appeared in that location become killed, because most of the scripted pawns there not yet destroyed and players' ViewTarget is overtaken by the flyby...
It seems, the final flag should normally be non-destructable until all scripted pawns in the final location destroyed.
Also, maybe it would be better to set "Visibility" (which means visibility to AI) property for all 'PlayerPawn' and 'Bot' to 0 when a flyby mode begins...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Or removing player's collision or sending ALL monsters in state GameEnded... because this is final stage and then, nothing else matter.
Yes, it needs more tuning around.

Here is demonstrated that a creative map is properly ruined by "mods", as original MonsterHunt doesn't include guided missiles which weren't really entertaining in more maps (eg. MH-BoomBoomBridge-BE, MH-AfterDark[final], etc).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Eternity wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:29 pm Also, maybe it would be better to set "Visibility" (which means visibility to AI) property for all 'PlayerPawn' and 'Bot' to 0 when a flyby mode begins...
Thanks for that hint :gj: - I use this now for players that enter idle mode. Before it was funny to see pupaes jumping through idle "ghost" players. :lol:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Not sure if this help. IIRC if Pawn set you as Enemy then Visibility not used.
Visibility used for see you. Invisibility just reduce this parameter, same do some jet. And this works, but only until you start shoot and hit monsters.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Tested - it helps.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

V1

- fixed some issues.
- improve reward for side rooms.
- end locked for last monsters.

Updated in the first post: viewtopic.php?p=131648#p131648
Buggie
Godlike