MH-FOT-Chronoshift

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Revelation
Average
Personal rank: UEngine violator

Re: MH-FOT-Chronoshift

Post by Revelation »

Buggie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:34 pm
My map, my rules, end of story.
If I get this answer this topic not appear. Just for clarity.
Silence lead to appear this topic.
Are you actually kiddimg me? If you get this, you don't do it, while from a straight forward "no, you don't have permission" you take "well, let's just do it"?!
Yeah sure, that sounds totally reasonable.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

After all reading, when it comes to a MH map delivered from Assault, mainly these can be ported properly with full Bot Support doesn't matter "opinions".
First of all Bot in MonsterHunt has two goals pointed by Attraction code from game controller. These are: MonsterWaypoint actor with Position settings 1 2 3 4 etc., and MonsterEnd trigger. These are ALWAYS working if map has a decent size and... NORMAL PATHS and they are located under 78 UU from a navigable ground and closer to a Navigation Actor which has incoming paths and it's connected into navigation network normally.

These conversions have ZERO MonsterWaypoints - an unknown-for-bot FortStandardMH and Bot doesn't have too much consideration here, and MonsterEnd in some previous versions was... IN VOID - completely UnReachable and Un-Navigable - that's why Bots are "not working" here.

Evidence about a more or less normal AS map is MH-Overlord even it's not the best ever MH stuff, another was MH-Frigate__whatever which I RE-Ported and embedded support for shooting "compressor". The rest of "liniar-attack" maps structured in Assault style are always working with or without Bots - MH-Templar and so on. Excuses for not doing thing normally are not having any support and neither all debris data with no use embedded for nothing.

A FortStandard "adapted" for bTriggerOnly can be replaced by a normal Trigger and adding a MonsterWaypoint in range for bringing Bot there, nothing more and nothing less. MonsterHunt and stock have all sort of things usable but unused.
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

Doesn't matter if pathing can be adjusted for MH or not. You have to respect the creator's choice not to make it available even if those reasons may be arbitrary to you. I'm glad the thing got resolved and hopefully everyone walking away from this has learned something.
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

Swanky wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:52 pm You have to respect the creator's choice not to make it available even if those reasons may be arbitrary to you.
Agreed.

This is one of the reasons I began locking my maps back in 2003, after experiencing about a dozen rip-offs in a row.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I have, admittedly, from time to time, made slight edits to some maps on my system when I couldn't at the time contact the original mapper, for any number of reasons... but I don't tend to release those as I'm a crediting whore and it doesn't seem right to me to add my "name" to something without getting the mapper's permission.

Also, while it's probably unlikely, it seems the best way to avoid having a crazed and rabid mapper track me down and slice me up with a chainsaw.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

To me was a sad time in the past when I could see a "HTD" map embedded with a texture called "Chronoshift" which is not exactly a texture. These sort of "works" are not really helping community and neither copies of BotPack, Engine and other stock files "morphed" as Sounds, Textures and all those things.