JaFO Bot Editor Not Working

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
BadCorps
Experienced
Personal rank: Unholy

JaFO Bot Editor Not Working

Post by BadCorps »

I am trying to use JaFO's bot editor but I get the following error every time I try to do anything. It won't even close by itself and needs to be forcefully put down with Task Manager. I've tried running it as an admin but no improvement. :noidea

https://imgur.com/a/LSQuUAm

Is there a way to fix this? Or is there a better programme to be using?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: JaFO Bot Editor Not Working

Post by EvilGrins »

Was going to say I never heard of it, but I ran a search and...
JackGriffin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 pmDo yourself a huge favor and find Jafo's bot editor. Spend 30 minutes playing with it then profit from your extensively tweaked bots.
http://members.chello.nl/~r.dautzenberg/news.html
...but that link doesn't work anymore.

From what I gather it customizes bots for you... but that seems ridiculous to me.

I customize my own bots manually, making some average, some godlike, and some so terrible they couldn't hit you with a minigun even if they were right next to you.
Image Image Image
From what you've described, it sounds like that thing you use needs to be used constantly... otherwise you likely wouldn't have noticed something went wrong with the interface. But the simple way, ye olde way that came with UT, once set pretty much stays that way until you change it.

Not a big fan of things that switch my setups for me, I like to do it my way.

Granted, I keep track of my bot setups a bit more obsessively than most...
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
BadCorps
Experienced

Post by BadCorps »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 pm From what I gather it customizes bots for you... but that seems ridiculous to me.

I customize my own bots manually, making some average, some godlike, and some so terrible they couldn't hit you with a minigun even if they were right next to you.
No, you manually customise your own bots. But it's more centralised, I really wish I had screenshots. It's sorta like a spreadsheet (not in that format) with different information you can change. The standard appearance, models, voicepacks, etc.. but you could adjust the accuracy, camping likelihood, strafing capabilities, and more under one programme.

I changed PC's (thankfully UT was saved to the backup drive) and tried to reinstall the editor, but I get the error message shown in the imgur link. I can't manually change the bots since it causes the game to freeze, my guess being that I may have too many different skins/models/voicepacks that my new PC has never rendered before, they work ingame but using the bot setup freezes UT.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Only thing I can suggest is trying to run in win XP compatibility mode or something, might just be an old unsupported tool.
BadCorps
Experienced

Post by BadCorps »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:11 pm Only thing I can suggest is trying to run in win XP compatibility mode or something, might just be an old unsupported tool.
Tried compat mode and running as admin, no success.

Has there been a replacement? Or could anyone build a newer Bot Editor?