-= The UT99.org 2021 Mapping Contest =-

General Announcements about Unreal Tournament and UT99.org
Aspide
Skilled

Re: -= The UT99.org 2021 Mapping Contest =-

Post by Aspide »

Feralidragon wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:07 pm Only 2 months to go and I still don't even have the map started... :lol2:
Ha...., same here. However I already have the whole map planned in my head. Those corona lens flares look fantastic. I can picture a map with a beautiful skybox set at dawn with that corona at the horizon were the sun is...
I'm really happy how much effort everyone is putting at this contest. Keep up the good work everyone. :tu:
Somewhere in Nevada...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Welcome to the club of unstarted maps.
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Edit: Release moved to releases thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14845&p=131872#p131872
Last edited by Shrimp on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Shrimp wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:45 pm This is an extremely basic map not likely to win any awards
Are you sure? :lol2: Man, I saw those screenshots and I thought: "I have to download this!!!". This is a great map, loved it, and it plays smooth. :tu: And I don't know what you fed the bots, but they are insane here.
Only one thing so far, first play...the armor is bleeding through the floor. I admit I am no mapper, so I have no idea if it can be fixed.
Shot02122.png
You have done great, Shrimp. I see you have made lots more stuff, I will check it out slowly. Good luck.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

:facepalm: I probably shouldve made a release thread for this.

Should I make it and ask Shrimp to repost it there or have it as is and I can link the releases in the 1st post?

What a nice surprise to see ya make a map :D looking forward to the weekend when I can try it out
SteadZ
Average
Personal rank: 1337

Post by SteadZ »

I thought the usual way of things was to link all the submissions in the first post, and participants also make a separate release thread for their map if they so desire?

Pretty cool to see an unexpected surprise from an old community name anywho :o
"The problem with dreams is... you never know when you're gonna wake up"

Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

I don't mind if you want me to repost it in another thread, or make a new thread. Dunno how these things work 😁
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

TankBeef wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:37 pm
Shrimp wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:45 pm This is an extremely basic map not likely to win any awards
Are you sure?
I believe that's what is known as a humble brag.
Last edited by EvilGrins on Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Ghostwheel
Novice

Post by Ghostwheel »

Nice looking map Shrimp! I tried it out a little bit and it plays really nice and looks really nice, Great job.
Acoma
Average

Re: 2021 NRMC map release thread (put maps here!)

Post by Acoma »

Hey Shrimp, thanks for all your work on the archive, ive been having a blast exploring it for the past couple years. when i first stumbled upon the original incarnation i thought it was too good to be true when it went down but now it is a true reality providing maps and mods for every unreal game and i have found lots of files i thought would be gone forever. its cool to see old mappers come back to the scene thanks to this website especially after browsing through everyones old maps and reading the funny stories in the readmes. Lonely][ is my favorite of your old maps and i enjoyed the playability of the maps in standard dm mode.

long time plays really well and has no errors. the texture choice reminds me of classic unreal and quake maps while the lighting and coronas bring the modern flavor to it
its a perfect 1 on 1 style map and the bots are pretty smart too, the only thing i dislike about it was the placement of the flak and pulse gun since the player and bots have to travel out of the way to obtain them and leaves them out of the game for most of the match

good job and i hope you make some more cool maps
Shrimp
Adept

Re: 2021 NRMC map release thread (put maps here!)

Post by Shrimp »

Acoma wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:24 pm the only thing i dislike about it was the placement of the flak and pulse gun since the player and bots have to travel out of the way to obtain them and leaves them out of the game for most of the match
Thanks for the feedback, I feel this too. Those passages are a bit out of the way with no reward or reason for going up there. The idea was for the weapons to be their own reward, but it's a bit of a slow/boring area. I might think about improving it.
ShrimpWorks
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Nice looking map Shrimp.
=====================
Those lens flares are very cool!
==========================

little to no progress for me this week.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

some nice stuff in here - so, this contest wraps December 19th, so about 2 months from now... that's time enough to make a map, but what to make... hmm :noidea
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

OrionsCurse Part3 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:, or a spiritual successor to DOM-OMC-UP4EVER, still one of my favorites.
Somewhere in Nevada...