MH-OMAHA

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

MH-OMAHA

Post by Buggie »

Conversion for MonsterHunt this map:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... e6916.html
Shot00083.png
Shot00084.png
Shot00085.png
Shot00086.png
Shot00087.png
Shot00088.png
Shot00089.png
Shot00090.png
Shot00091.png
MH-OMAHAv0.zip
(3.1 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
Last edited by Buggie on Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: MH-OMAHA

Post by OjitroC »

Just so people are aware - this map has different versions of InfAdds.u (I already have 2 other versions of this) and trenchtex.utx to those which are already out there (so don't overwrite the versions you may have but move them elsewhere when you want to play the map).
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I think you can use any version.
As for me: I usually keep my version, but if in zip placed something, then I keep it here.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Think you should start getting yoir maps into one thread instead of each map being its own, starting to get really spammy
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I do not think so.
If anyone has any questions or comments on the map / maps, then everything will quickly turn into untraceable trash can.

You made a mapping section, not a mapping thread, into which everyone drops maps.

This is an imaginary order. The desire to keep the form at the expense of meaning and content.

If you do not want to see only the mapping section in the latest topics on the main page, make a module not for the latest topics, but a module for the last activity by sections.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Buggie wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 amYou made a mapping section, not a mapping thread, into which everyone drops maps.

This is an imaginary order.
No, no it's not imaginary and it's understandable, not at all unheard of either. It's the kinda thing that gets done in many forums when someone puts out a lot of maps or skins, or both, on a regular basis.

In your case you'll note it only came up because you literally released a half dozen maps on the same day within an hour of each other.

I do skins & maps, and other forums have setup such for me as well.
· https://www.hermskii.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37
· https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4618
· https://snipersforlife.createaforum.com ... ins-place/

In the rare instance I've released more than 1 map in a day, I usually make 1 post and link to my lil' UT place, so the 1 post links to the many.

Like so · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/2020/06/03/
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 am I do not think so.
If anyone has any questions or comments on the map / maps, then everything will quickly turn into untraceable trash can.
FWIW I agree with that - it is much tidier and easier to have individual map posts so that one can post comments on those maps. If I was now commenting on DesertStorm and ULabs as well as Omaha in a single thread it would soon become chaotic with comments possibly being overlooked or it not being clear which map was being referred to.

Comments on Omaha
Another fun conversion - plenty of mayhem.

Only played it for a while to start off but here are a few things from the log
Spoiler
ScriptLog: Didn't find any player starts in list for team 0 !!!
{Haven't seen this before in any of these conversions}

ScriptWarning: Counter MH-OMAHAv0.Counter1 (Function Engine.Counter.Trigger:018E) Accessed None 'EventInstigator'
{Occurs quite a lot through the log}

ScriptWarning: INFIL_UTM2_50 MH-OMAHAv0.INFIL_UTM2_0 (Function InfAdds.InfUT_ADD_Turret.CheckcControler:0036) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
ScriptWarning: INFIL_UTM2_50 MH-OMAHAv0.INFIL_UTM2_1 (Function InfAdds.InfUT_ADD_Turret.CheckcControler:0036) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
{Loads of these as well}
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Buggie, I really like these maps you make/convert, I have been running 4 MH-servers for 15 years and the players are thrilled over all new maps, minor things for the future is add some more playerstarts since the colors spawn on them for the Naliweapons and a tad higher health on the monsters besides that they are great so keep up the good work...
Last edited by Hitman on Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Well, half message I not understand.

On this map 18 PlayerStart IIRC. As for me more from 16 is enough.
If you need more - try make mutator which add some near.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Sorry was another one you made I played, and I fixed my typo...
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Not really help. I try make all maps at least 16 player starts, so still not understand what you try tell.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Whow, more than 7000 lines in local log that "INFUT_ADD_TurretWeaponM250" has no mesh for "TweenAnim", and several dozen in server's log. Also it happened that I could not switch back to my weapons after I had touched the TurretWeapon. Maybe remove the 4 TurretWeapons in next update - they are useless in MH game anyway.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Another (small) issue: all PlayerStarts have the TeamNumber "1".
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I am on the side of the donator.

If the donator has more stuff for the dona-tee would be the argument.

HOWEVER Buggie has the 65% advantage as too DONATING,,,,. did I hit the period or was it the comma,.....

I am one who can never figure out like, raising very old threads, etc.

Same here, why would anyone want to be anti forum for the reason it exists, hell I still have two maps working on last 4 years LoL

THEN there is the forum's side, and us, too many maps in a row, but is a good thing, thanx
Binary Space Partitioning