MH-OffworldAssault

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

MH-OffworldAssault

Post by Buggie »

Conversion for MonsterHunt this map:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... e8d10.html
Shot00132.png
Shot00133.png
Shot00134.png
Shot00135.png
Shot00136.png
Shot00137.png
Shot00138.png
Shot00139.png
Shot00140.png
MH-OffworldAssaultV1.7z
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
Last edited by Buggie on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: MH-OffworldAssault

Post by sektor2111 »

You forgot this screen-shot...
W_ofAssault.PNG
Thanks, but... Nah...
34 Navigation Points are not having Incoming connections, one of them is like a trap - no way back, 126 looks higher placed - might do loops.
I'm not curious what will be at CPU charge when 100 Monsters will go annoyed by player...

A lot of lights have no use being located into Void.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Another interesting map :tu:

A few random thoughts after playing the start and beginning to clear the valley :

Personally I think it would be better for all PlayerStarts to be in the buildings - spawning in a group of Sliths is not that much fun especially with just an Enforcer!

It would also be better if there were more weapons available at the start (in the buildings) and more ammo - didn't see any ammo for the Enforcer and soon expended the 30 bulllets one starts with.

I'm not sure there is much point in having pupae on the upper floors of the buildings as one isn't going to attack them with just a single Enforcer and they can be easily left to their own devices without detracting from progressing in the map.

It wouldn't detract from the map if the whole start area were left clear of monsters - there's plenty in the map elsewhere! It would give time for players to group and to get an idea of the layout and the task ahead, as it were.

This is certainly a map that needs to be played with regens for health and ammo given that there isn't much of either around - not that that is a problem of course - and playing with weapons that are slightly more powerful than the default UT weapons also helps.

Interestingly there are significant differences in the way the map plays in 436 and 469 - in 436 much more monster killing by other monsters, always seemed to start outside the buildings and much more 'stuff' in the log (not related to the map per se but to 'issues' with the scriptedpawns) - in 469 always seemed to start in the buildings and much less inter-monster fighting.

There's a 'gully' here
Offworld1.jpg
It is not possible to get out of it and one just slides along down into the valley by the entrance to the complex - I don't know if anything can be done about that - perhaps it is more just something for people to note - don't get too close to that or you won't get out.

And this from the log

Code: Select all

Log: KrallElite6 fell out of the world!
I think that is the Krall that moved sideways and just got stuck in a wall - probably would also happen to a player.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I can't add Ammo here. Map stop load.

So yes, use regen hp and ammo.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I got this error when we try it
Critical: appError called:
Critical: MVU_History MH-OffworldAssaultV0.MVU_History0 (Function MVU3.MapVoteHistory_INI.FindIndex:00C7) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Log file closed, 11/14/21 19:14:23
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:55 pm I can't add Ammo here. Map stop load.

So yes, use regen hp and ammo.
OK - that's fine.

Two annoying things to think about :-
1 Touching or jumping on certain things results in instant death with a message like "Don't use this to hammer jump". The second time that happened I don't think I jumped on anything - but whatever, that is still annoying especially as one doesn't have the hammer but the chainsaw!!

2 So one gets killed by something outside of one's control (that is, not by an enemy or doing anything knowingly stupid) and starts back at the start. Now it's a long way back to where I was killed (the walled complex with the laser wire and Queens) - so I use the teleporter - this takes me to a room where I haven't been before in which there is a Water Titan which unsurprisingly kills me as I am not expecting that but some kind of second spawnpoint. This is also annoying and odd that I get teleported to a point further on in the map than I had got to.

There's endless lines of

ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-OffworldAssaultV0.MonsterHunt0 (Function Botpack.TeamGamePlus.IsOnTeam:0014) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
in the log. Any idea what causes this?
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Hitman wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:18 pm Critical: MVU_History MH-OffworldAssaultV0.MVU_History0 (Function MVU3.MapVoteHistory_INI.FindIndex:00C7) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Will look into this later.
But look like MVU3 bug for huge map.
OjitroC wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:16 pm 1 Touching or jumping on certain things results in instant death with a message like "Don't use this to hammer jump". The second time that happened I don't think I jumped on anything - but whatever, that is still annoying especially as one doesn't have the hammer but the chainsaw!!
I check it later, but I think you touch lasers on base. it is cheat protected.
OjitroC wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:16 pm 2 So one gets killed by something outside of one's control (that is, not by an enemy or doing anything knowingly stupid) and starts back at the start. Now it's a long way back to where I was killed (the walled complex with the laser wire and Queens) - so I use the teleporter - this takes me to a room where I haven't been before in which there is a Water Titan which unsurprisingly kills me as I am not expecting that but some kind of second spawnpoint. This is also annoying and odd that I get teleported to a point further on in the map than I had got to.
There originally move spawn points after open base. Maybe remove titans in next version.
OjitroC wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:16 pm ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-OffworldAssaultV0.MonsterHunt0 (Function Botpack.TeamGamePlus.IsOnTeam:0014) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
Sounds as MH bug. Possible cause by make troopers temporary players.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 pm
OjitroC wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:16 pm 1 Touching or jumping on certain things results in instant death with a message like "Don't use this to hammer jump". The second time that happened I don't think I jumped on anything - but whatever, that is still annoying especially as one doesn't have the hammer but the chainsaw!!
I check it later, but I think you touch lasers on base. it is cheat protected.
Yeah, could be - I was walking along the top of the wall on the walkway - I don't think I touched the laser but I could have done. The first time it happened was when I jumped on top of the 'thing' for the keycard after I had put the card in - actually a long time after.
Buggie wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 pm
OjitroC wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:16 pm 2 So one gets killed by something outside of one's control (that is, not by an enemy or doing anything knowingly stupid) and starts back at the start. Now it's a long way back to where I was killed (the walled complex with the laser wire and Queens) - so I use the teleporter - this takes me to a room where I haven't been before in which there is a Water Titan which unsurprisingly kills me as I am not expecting that but some kind of second spawnpoint. This is also annoying and odd that I get teleported to a point further on in the map than I had got to.
There originally move spawn points after open base. Maybe remove titans in next version.
It might be an idea to remove the Titan as it is annoying to get unavoidably killed.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:16 pm There's endless lines of

ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-OffworldAssaultV0.MonsterHunt0 (Function Botpack.TeamGamePlus.IsOnTeam:0014) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
That's a TeamTrigger - useless in MonsterHunt. This actor is number 1 for removal in a MH conversion... A monster doesn't use any PlayerReplicationInfo, and then if it is touching the trigger TeamGamePlus will answer accordingly.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:30 pm
OjitroC wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:16 pm There's endless lines of

That's a TeamTrigger - useless in MonsterHunt. This actor is number 1 for removal in a MH conversion... A monster doesn't use any PlayerReplicationInfo, and then if it is touching the trigger TeamGamePlus will answer accordingly.
I see - thanks for that. I noticed the TeamTrigger when looking at the map in the Editor and wondered what it was for in MH, particular when the Team is 64 (which seemed rather odd to me) - was going to ask about it but forgot.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Hitman wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:18 pm Critical: MVU_History MH-OffworldAssaultV0.MVU_History0 (Function MVU3.MapVoteHistory_INI.FindIndex:00C7) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Because this map almost exhaust free iterations on load. So try iterate after that on map list overflow limits.

On map each monster iterate over all navigation point for dumb set HomeBase. So 1000 monsters iterate over 2000 navigation points and almost exhaust iteration limit.
I try fix it somehow.

Automatically merged

v1

- fix stuck gap on start between ground and wall.
- reduce nav points count for prevent crash.
- remove some path cause lava bath for merc.
- player start move into house
- remove water titan from shortcut destination.
- fix flood in log from team trigger.
- fix stuck monsters.
- some other fixes.

Reupload into fisrt post: viewtopic.php?p=132313#p132313
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

The map loads and work fine now ;-D
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

V1:
  1. The Teleporter "Shortcut1" didn't work on (my) server.
  2. The WaterTitans are too easy to kill because they cannot leave the hangar because they are too big. Suggestion: make them smaller so that they fit through the opening.
  3. Why are the Cows and Nalis bGameRelevant?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett