[Help needed] Looking for (paid) coder to alter existing u-script

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Waylander
Novice

[Help needed] Looking for (paid) coder to alter existing u-script

Post by Waylander »

I am looking for a u-script coder who can alter an already existing u-script as I’m lacking the skills myself sadly. Please see below for details.

Of course, I am willing to compensate for the work within reasonable limitation.

Please get in touch with me either here, via e-mail (way@toxik.info) or in Discord (dbl.u#4205) if you are willing/interested to help me out. I’d greatly appreciate your message.

The script in question is “PGSpectatorOverlay” (2021) which is based on the well know UTV. I’ve added the files in my possession below.

I’m looking to get at least the following changed (see red markings on screenshot as well):
  • Remove “Current map” info in the top section.
  • Remove accuracy (“Acc.”) info in the player stats on the left.
  • Make health and armour of spectated player visible in the top right corner again.
Depending on costs and feasibility based on your assessment I’m further interested in discussing the following (not strictly necessary, see blue markings on screenshot):
  • Change graphics for flag and amp carrier on the player stats on the left to a red/blue (flags) and green (amp) dot.
  • Vertically align the power-ups info on the right with the player info on the left.
  • Add flag carrier covers (from SmartCTF) to the player stats on the left instead of accuracy info.
  • Add power-ups percentage per team (from SmartCTF) between power-up name and timer in the power-ups info.
  • Maybe clean up the code by removing what is not necessary anymore, striping it down as much as possible and concentrate it in as least files as possible to make future editing easier.
I hope my description of what I am looking for makes any sense to you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Attachments
PGSpectatorOverlay2021.rar
(144.84 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
PGSpectatorOverlay2020_source.zip
(136.76 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
PGSpectatorOverlay2020.zip
(165.81 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
OV_concept_v1.png
darksonny
Adept

Re: [Help needed] Looking for (paid) coder to alter existing u-script

Post by darksonny »

Could be easy for you, trying to get in touch original author in first place and ask him for an modification (if he approves this) keeping in mind is made early (2020/2021) maybe author is still active in ut?
Waylander
Novice

Re: [Help needed] Looking for (paid) coder to alter existing u-script

Post by Waylander »

UTV was made two decades ago, so…

The person who made the changes in 2020/2021 did not respond when I tried to get in touch about the same code but a different issue.