UnrealArchive.org

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: UnrealArchive.org

Post by EvilGrins »

TankBeef wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:21 pmPlayed it, not much special about it, a pair of shots:
Less about special, just wanted to see it.

Love the music.

Plus, I love editing maps that're based on sports · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12144
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I have "MH_Mappack_02",3 and 5

I got them a long time ago, it was Skillz ?, from utfiles com, I think it was to packed up for his server maps, for people to download. was 1 thru 6.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

A little small bump
Here is the Info - the fact is... information is False.
3HeadedMonster.PNG
Map is not only having Bot Support, but it demonstrates how to do it simple and without bugged paths :mrgreen: .
Strategy it's the same as in CTF-300K-TRI-BLASTER-II.unr.

I must insist saying that Scripted Solutions cannot be compared with human eye...

Extra-Note:
I tested map with Bots and then what I saw during a quick check in Editor it's just demonstrating that map doesn't need any fix, it's running normally. Off-Line players which are using Bots should know the reality not what is described.
Actually the map is following exactly rules described by Polge in his pathing documents and then... there is NO error concerning ReachSpecs placement - it's a problem for Relics-Lovers but not for Bot activity .

Code: Select all

OK: Spec with index 201 has been found inside InventorySpot6 at upStreamPaths[0].
NormalState: No Lost or Debris ReachSpecs have been found.
SpecTest: Testing and fixing specs took: 
	0.014246 seconds.
SpecCheckLocator: Checking ReachSpecs Localization has been finished.
Tri-Blaster has 5 ReachSpecs out of nodes arrays but that's not exactly a very big problem...

Cya later...
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

I'd like to request corrections on a couple files, please cite me as the author on the following:
Octane Boss Skin
Skinsect Skaarj Skin (I will remake a better version of this skin, I swear)
GasPack Voicepack

Also, the GasPack is listed under F as FartFemale, it should be listed under G as GasPack... as it includes several voices not just the female:
  • Fart Female
  • Fart Nali
  • Fart Boss
  • Fart Male
  • Fart Skaarj
  • Gas Cow
Thanks! And thank you for unrealarchive.org, it is my go-to resource for UT stuff!
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

Shrimp my hats off to you for doing this project. I greatly appreciate you for this. It saves time in searching all over the interwebs just to find our favorite mods, mutators, skins and the like. I discovered it by accident via a Google search and have book marked it. Hopefully IF and when I get done with my first mod, I'll post it there. Thanks again for helping the community with this.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

fudgonaut wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:34 pm I'd like to request corrections on a couple files, please cite me as the author on the following:
Fixed. New URL for GasPack is https://unrealarchive.org/voices/unreal ... 88598.html

Automatically merged

I've added a new feature to help locate missing packages, or at least to see where packages come from.

On each release with a "Required Files" section, you can click on the required package names to go to a page which includes information about the package.

If you end up at a 404, it's probably because nothing in the archive currently contains the file.

If you are just looking for a random package, you could also manually create a URL in your browser to go to https://unrealarchive.org/packages/unreal-tournament/PACKAGE_NAME/index.html, just replace PACKAGE_NAME with the lowercase name of the package you're looking for.

Here's an example for MonstrerHunt.u and Sky.utx.

Hopefully this helps track down lost and missing packages in some way (it also highlights all the weird variations that float around).

For some reason people like to externalist and reuse other people's MyLevel too. :loool: Looks like people even repackaged my own stuff with weird file combinations :???:
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Shrimp wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:51 am For some reason people like to externalist and reuse other people's MyLevel too. :loool: Looks like people even repackaged my own stuff with weird file combinations :???:
Thats a wall of shame if I ever saw one :loool:

Awesome feature, Shrimp! Cant wait to try it out :rock:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Shrimp wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:51 am
I've added a new feature to help locate missing packages, or at least to see where packages come from.
That's brilliant :tu: That really is a major advance in the utility of the site, tackling the issue that made the use of some of the content difficult or impossible before - a really significant improvement :gj:
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Or, the infamous one :facepalm: :lol2: : https://unrealarchive.org/packages/unre ... index.html

(Here is how to fix, for those who don't know viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11992)

Awesome work, Shrimp. Thanks. :tu:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Shrimp wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:51 am For some reason people like to externalist and reuse other people's MyLevel too. :loool: Looks like people even repackaged my own stuff with weird file combinations :???:
The boys perhaps have read what some "tutorial" was warmly recommending as a "HowTo" - and we get results of a pseudo-package which is NEVER recommended to be saved outside because that package is the MAP ITSELF. This sort of activity is not helping community in any way...
Perhaps they have solutions in building a server with multiple the same named 2000 files like that, without any mismatch or any issue - I doubt about that...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Shrimp wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:51 am I've added a new feature to help locate missing packages, or at least to see where packages come from.

On each release with a "Required Files" section, you can click on the required package names to go to a page which includes information about the package.

If you end up at a 404, it's probably because nothing in the archive currently contains the file.
A few comments on this :-
1 Some of the missing files that end at a 404 are default files, music in particular - I don't know if it is possible to indicate this in some way - experienced users and players may well recognise the file names but the uninititated may not;

2 Some of the missing files that are linked to packages on the database are actually linked to the wrong package - this may be because the right package isn't on the database - here again it is mainly music files. Take the example of the USPMappack - there are a number of missing files - most link only to a 404 but two (Dusk and Guardian) link to texture and/or system files - actually the files missing from this archive are music files (default Unreal or UT music) and not system/texture files - I don't know if it is possible to refine the file linking?;

3 A brief trawl through the host of [SP] MH maps for Unreal indicates that the vast majority are missing files and that, again, the majority of those missing files are not on the database. For someone who already has some [SP] maps, some of those MH maps may be playable as they will already have the files but the casual downloader will not and so for most practical purposes the maps are unplayable. Is it worth thinking about addding an icon to indicate that a map is unplayable because of missing files that are not on the database or is this a step too far as it were - would it increase the utility of the site?

I merely raise these issues for consideration and do not seek to diminish in any way the considerable value of the new 'missing packages' feature :tu:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This map
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 36ea0.html
HAS Bot Support - disregarding what Map-Info says... It's even really overcrowded...
1_2ndFrag.PNG
And after applying a random love it can be like here...
1_2ndFrag_AfterLove.PNG
Do you think it does needs AlternatePaths :lol2: ?
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

I tweaked the bot support implementation, a bunch more maps should show as including bot support now, even if the bot support is bad.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

https://mega.nz/folder/YNgQHaJQ#xxGUyur3-C_WUMrFjqqiyg

Check these maps and see if you need to add any to UnrealArchive, please.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Delacroix wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:07 am https://mega.nz/folder/YNgQHaJQ#xxGUyur3-C_WUMrFjqqiyg

Check these maps and see if you need to add any to UnrealArchive, please.
Thanks, I imported everything to my cloud account. :thuup: