[NEW] DM-[NiX]NewEraSnipers2022

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Lunic
Average
Personal rank: The Best One

[NEW] DM-[NiX]NewEraSnipers2022

Post by Lunic »

Last edited by Lunic on Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: [NEW] DM-[NiX]NewEraSnipers2022

Post by EvilGrins »

Dude... stop pestering the bots. That never goes well... did you learn nothing from the Terminator series?!?

Also, beautiful map.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:28 pm Dude... stop pestering the bots. That never goes well... did you learn nothing from the Terminator series?!?
Xan is going to hijack his home if he keeps it up. :lol2: Did you ever see the movie Electric Dreams? I can imagine a similar scenario.

Beautiful textures, NIX. :tu:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Really nice looking map can't wait to try it out with b...
NO BOT PATHS AND NEVER WILL BE.
:mad2:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:42 pm :mad2:
Besides the lack of botpathing, it's a great map... my 1 and only complaint is the bottles.

Just seems weird to have such beautiful textures all over... and have those generic not at all textured bottles.
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

nice work as always i have put it on my server works really well
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Great map!
But isn't a texture file called "bed.utx" to general?
I bet more mappers once made a texture called "bed''.

I would recommend putting your own tag in front of the filename, to prevent online mismatches.
I don't know if "mylevelling" all files into the *.unr could also be an solution here.
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

Arcaon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:46 pm [NEW] DM-[NiX]NewEraSnipers2022

NO BOT PATHS AND NEVER WILL BE.
Will you be against if someone would want to add a bots support to your awesome maps?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

f7r wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:06 pmWill you be against if someone would want to add a bots support to your awesome maps?
It's come up before, he's very opposed to that.

He barely tolerated an edit I did of one of his maps with a playerbot, a UTDM-Warlord, and 1 of Ferali's x-vehicle tanks... and even then I did that just to test the map, not to share with anyone else.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:36 pm
f7r wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:06 pmWill you be against if someone would want to add a bots support to your awesome maps?
It's come up before, he's very opposed to that.
Well, what can I say? :wth:
I agree that one should always try to contact the author and ask for permission before editing any of his maps. But for bot pathing? :facepalm: That is not even part of the "physical" map (don't know if I am making myself clear). Bots are just players, AI players, but players. And players are not the map. This is how I see it at least.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bah... If author doesn't want anything like PathNodes for relics or miscellaneous things, map can stay as it is... but it might have a bit of BOT SUPPORT applied in RUN-TIME in a XC-Server or... with a BOTZ mutator capable to do deploy paths during run-time and... Now what ? Map is untouched - LOL.
By bugging Bots, relics, spawners of various Sniper creatures, this is a No WAY, I'm not even bother to look at it exactly because of original statement entirely against Bots - I did not even downloaded it. I respect author's desire as long as I have hundreds of maps that can be fixed more or less privately and full of action. If XC_Engine is bugging you because you cannot disable hard-coded things, we can discuss about a "configurable" UScript support concerning XC_Engine extension and you can do a plugin module for NavAdder (or me) permanently mapping paths during run-time in 0.3 up to 0.8 seconds or more in a state code but creating nodes BEFORE RELICS and everything. New plugins might be more slow but more smart as long as DrawPaths by Buggie and newer XC_PathsWorker assets were helpful for figuring these with eyes not only based on blind assumptions which old plugins are using - not perfect after all... and requiring a lot of time, more time than a map having everything inside...

A self thought spoken louder: I'm not going to set any server with empty maps in 2022 - never and never will be in XXI century.
Lunic
Average
Personal rank: The Best One

Post by Lunic »

so again.

Im not against people who editing my maps or remixing. thats crap.
That is the only reason why i always keep the brushes on the maps and not chose to delete them before releasing cause i want the people to do what ever they wart to. If you want to make a stupid monsterhunt map of it do it i dont mind. If you wanna add bot paths do it. But keep the map name and put your own stuff [tag] [name] [mode] after it. what ever you pick there.
You dont have to ask me about anything. just dont release it as your OWN map after doing few stuffs on it. otherwise use it for whatever you want to do.
I also like to see my maps on servers got remixed or anything lol. HF.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay then... Thanks for answering :highfive: .

And now I need to know what players want to see at Bots here... owning game or getting more clumsy... I listen requests...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:47 pm And now I need to know what players want to see at Bots here... owning game or getting more clumsy... I listen requests...
I suppose the crucial thing is that the bots use the whole of the map - so they need to use the teleporters to get to the higher areas (where they also need to use the many passageways) but they also need to use the jump boots and translocator to get to the many shelves and other intermediate areas where there is cover but also where there are pickups. Ideally one then wants the bots to camp in those areas.

Personally I would make sure that the playerstarts are well distributed, mainly high or intermediate, with short paths to pickups and to cover (boxes on shelves, etc) with some paths for jumping or translocating to other spots where there is somewhere to hide. I wouldn't have all the paths joined into one network - assuming any of that is possible - in essence, I would be looking to replicate what a human sniper would do as, again personally, I don't think this design of map is appropriate for what one might call a 'normal' DM. The verticality of the map is important and needs to be used to the fullest extent possible in the manner in which the map is played.
EvilGrins wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:00 am ... my 1 and only complaint is the bottles.

Just seems weird to have such beautiful textures all over... and have those generic not at all textured bottles.
The bottle are red - thought they looked fine and not out of place?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

"The whole map" sounds good but... it's up one what does that means. In open area they are easy targets and game won't have too much challenge. There are spawn locations where spawning need a Translocator - and a powerful one because Bot doesn't wait too long. Jumping from such a spot returns instant death, there are several things that needs polished - perhaps zone settings for preventing a deadly fall.