UGNPC.u: Not entirely sure what this is.

Discussions about UT99
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: UGNPC.u: Not entirely sure what this is.

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:43 pm
In theory it should work with original stock CTFGame as it is placed under TournamentWeapon class so I would expect it to be summon-able.
Yes, you're right of course - I tried it again in a couple of DM maps and it was indeed summonable - so I don't know what happened before, didn't get the removal of inventory either. Perhaps it was to do with the map I summoned it in, can't remember which one now.
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

Well, as far as my initial examination of the files goes, there is a HUGE collection of garbage that was packed into the files themselves. What I was able to gather beyond the garbage is that there is descent amount of code that could be tweaked here and there. This is for

Code: Select all

UnrealGod.u
. As for

UGNPC.u
there is a f*ck ton of code that I will have to sift through and possibly remove/edit. But at the very least things seem to work smoothly overall. In the .ini file that is included with it, from what I gather we could add mutators as we see fit, or rather those that will work via trial and error. No wonder this was not easy to find over the internet. Anyway, I'll give a better analysis as time passes. There is a great deal of content that me and my brother are going through. UG has a great deal of potential to work with RTNP if we can implement it right, and even go as far as to make it a standalone mod IF we can muster the time to really get down and dirty with it. Will keep you guys posted. This is just my initial take on the mod itself, so don't completely write me off as a loon. :loool: This will definitely take me at least a full 2-3 days or even a week to fully comprehend what the original creators of this mod had planned. Now to get back to the ranch and get some well deserved rest. Only had 24 hours of sleep with the past 6-days.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

NemesisNeS wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:43 pm .. to make it a standalone mod
I thought it is a standalone mod - that is, gametype?

You say "things work fairly smoothly overall" - have you managed to start it (actually play it)? Interested in that because, as I said, I tried and failed.

Got some examples of the garbage?
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

Give me a few days, what I thought was garbage might not be. According to my brother, most of the textures and meshes didn't import correctly. He's been helping me with this. So to answer your first question, it is a standalone mod like Infiltration but can run without a separate executable file within UT. We're currently testing it on the last official patch against all the unofficial patches to ascertain where the mod might have originated and IF it was was meant for the latter rather than the former, then what did the original creator have in mind.

To answer your second question, we were able to test it enough on the last official patch. Doesn't run as smoothly as one would expect from a mod, but from what we gathered this was probably an alpha or even a beta version of what the author had planned, although unfinished. Once we are able to get a real fix on all the files, how to get them to run in an efficient manner, then I'll post up everything. Sadly this will take time since it's going to cut into my own projects, but I'm cool with that. If I can get this running, then I know I can get my own projects where I need them to be. Thankfully most of the code is in UnrealScript which is what I'm currently teaching myself. Will keep you guys posted.

Going to put everything together with before and after screens and code in future posts. Like I said, most of what I thought was garbage might not be. They might be texture files that were incomplete or weren't updated... dunno yet.

EDIT: I think I may have solved one issue that is with the mod itself and why UT won't let it run properly. IF my theory works based on the classes themselves not being there, then I'll have to code that out. IF they do exist then they're layered somewhere in which I will have to do a f*ck ton of searching. But as far as I can see, UnrealGod probably doesn't want to fully function correctly because it is missing the classes or the classes are there, but for whatever reason they are hidden from the players to fully edit at will. Will continue my analysis and investigation and report here what I can gather and have fixed (if anything needs fixing or removing or whatever). Will also try running UG with the full vanilla install and no other mods or mutators installed. I have a distinct feeling that this mod was made for the official installation of UT but I could be wrong.
AlCapowned
Experienced
Personal rank: Layman

Post by AlCapowned »

Apologies, I should have said this when I uploaded everything. To run the mod, go to start practice session, pick UnrealGod from the category list (not the gametype list), and choose UG-Entry for the map. If the map list doesn't switch to show UG-Entry, start a game and then open the menu again. It should run fine, I haven't used it much, but I never had any issues getting it started.
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

LOL I kind of figured that out running a bazillion test runs.

Anyway, what I assumed was garbage, but the texture renders are embedded into the mod, which is making things a tad difficult for me. But otherwise, I just might be able to create maps that can utilize UG. My brother is currently testing this theory out. IF everything runs smoothly then I'll post everything here. Don't want to post incomplete or half-assed work. Not how I operate. Anyway, enjoy and happy gaming guys and dolls. Still running a thousand tests and trying to rebuild an old game that I made from RPGMaker2k3... Oh the effin' joy!
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

Okay, a f*ck ton of work and leaving most of the content alone me and my brother worked this out thus far. However, it's still a tad bit buggy in terms of getting it to load right. We're currently working our asses off to finish what the original author started. Still working on full set of instructions.

What's in the zip file:

DefUGAutoGod.ini
DefUGMaps.ini
RunUGServer.bat
UnrealGod.bat
and all the default maps for UT (If you don't need them don't copy them)

Quick notes:
Add the following lines to you UnrealTournament.ini file under [Engine.GameEngine]

ServerPackages=UGMaps
ServerPackages=UnrealGod
ServerPackages=AutoGod

Save the file as is and then play UT to your hearts content. You should be able to run the .bat files as long as you have it in the System folder. (i.e., X:\Unreal Tournament GOTY>System).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/chrjbh1l ... 2.zip/file

Thanks to ALCapowned for uploading the files he had so I could make this much possible. And thanks to you guys for being patient. :tu:
Back to working on my own game, which is taking me more time than I wanted it to.... :omfg:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

NemesisNeS wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:28 am Okay, a f*ck ton of work and leaving most of the content alone me and my brother worked this out thus far. However, it's still a tad bit buggy in terms of getting it to load right. We're currently working our asses off to finish what the original author started. Still working on full set of instructions.
Yeah, thanks for that.

Managed to get it running OK using the command and flags from the bat file (I run UT in Wine on a mac and the bat iself wouldn't run in Wine). So started up UT and the UGEntry map - from there typed a map name in the console and the mod worked fine - there doesn't seem to be any other way of doing it as, even with UnrealGod as the category and not UT, starting a DM using Tournament Death Match merely results in UT running rather than UnrealGod.

So the mod will run on any map rather than just the default UT maps - one can play the same map as much as one wants (that's the way it looks anyway) - what spawns changes according to the experience, etc points gained as one kills 'stuff' - weapons and health spawn as well as scriptedpawns.

One thing I did notice was that the game speed seemed to be reduced quite a bit and so, after playing the mod, one needs to check on that to ensure that the speed is at the level one wants for playing normal UT.

So, from what little I've played, I would say it is of interest - an extension of Monster/Swarm Spawn, in a framework of gaining experience and levelling up, and thus more structured.
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:06 pm So the mod will run on any map rather than just the default UT maps - one can play the same map as much as one wants (that's the way it looks anyway) - what spawns changes according to the experience, etc points gained as one kills 'stuff' - weapons and health spawn as well as scriptedpawns.
Work in progress. It's been a pain in the ass that's for sure. It will run on any map, just haven't fully tested it with other mutators besides InstaGibAllWeapons (for testing purposes).
One thing I did notice was that the game speed seemed to be reduced quite a bit and so, after playing the mod, one needs to check on that to ensure that the speed is at the level one wants for playing normal UT.
Plan on fixing this today. I noticed it, but thought it was my imagination. Thanks for pointing this out. Will more than likely either hard code the fix for this or just write it in the readme.txt that players need to adjust their speed.
So, from what little I've played, I would say it is of interest - an extension of Monster/Swarm Spawn, in a framework of gaining experience and levelling up, and thus more structured.
Yes, It works perfectly well in conjunction with Monster/Swarm Spawn and MH Maps and even the MH mod. If you or anyone wants to help out further you can help in the link below.

https://github.com/nemesisnes/UnrealGod- Uploaded it prior to going to sleep at 3 a.m. this morning. You guys can also check out other projects and stuff I forked on my GitHub as well. (Will have to finish working on my Python Arcade game that I really need to add things to sooner or later)