Mutators/Relict

Discussions about UT99
hpentium
Novice
Personal rank: how

Mutators/Relict

Post by hpentium »

hello, where in the Unrealtournament.ini can I enter the Mutators/Relict zb. Strenght or Vengeance fixed? And what is the command?

thanks a lot!
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Re: Mutators/Relict

Post by NemesisNeS »

If you're looking for the UnrealTournament.ini file itself it would be under wherever you installed UT Example: C:\Unreal Tournament - GOTY then from there go into the System folder and the .ini file will be there within the folder. Whatever you wish to add in terms of packages that you would like to load just add the line under Engine.GameEngine ServerPackages=PlaceFileNameHere. If you're looking to add it to the editor then you will have to look under Editor.EditorEngine and type under it EditPackages=PlaceFileNameHere. But place these at the end of the current positions of where the game engine and editor engine is. You don't have to add any file extensions in the ini. from there just save and close and run the game. If your files aren't showing up, then from Windows press the Windows Key + R and run command line via cmd. From there type cd and the location of where UT is installed. Example: C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament cd "C:\Unreal Tournament\System" and type ucc maker then press enter. If no error messages, then whatever you're trying to run should work normally. If you need further assistance, just ask.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
The_Cowboy
Skilled
Personal rank: Codezilla

Post by The_Cowboy »

Ok I have no clue what the OP is asking, but I will play.
If you are a server, then ServerActors/Packages should be useful to configure and there is tons of documentation on internet.
Btw, there is spelling error and what not there.
Feralidragon wrote:Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything :tu:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FreeandOpen
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

#1 Things specific to GOTY such as Relics, first of all they need to be declared in ServerPackages.
#2 These things for being noticed in game they need to be declared in mutators chain from run-line OR whatever Map-Vote system installed in server.
#3 In Maps with ZERO PathNodes you won't have relics, neither other specific navigation based assets.

Note #4: You can completely forget SPACE character in UT's paths and generally for any internal package-file concerning a server.
hpentium
Novice

Post by hpentium »

Hello, thanks for the tips. But I explicitly asked a question that was not answered. WHERE and with which command do I enter the relicte Strenght, Regen, Vengeance in the unrealtournament.ini!

thank you very much!
The_Cowboy
Skilled
Personal rank: Codezilla

Post by The_Cowboy »

Ok, in my understanding nothing matches with your query. More helpful would be some screenshots, relevant code, and/or direct links which can give me an idea to continue the dialog and thereby, hopefully, resolving the issue.
Feralidragon wrote:Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything :tu:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FreeandOpen
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

hpentium wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:28 am .. I explicitly asked a question that was not answered. WHERE and with which command do I enter the relicte Strenght, Regen, Vengeance in the unrealtournament.ini!
I suppose the obvious question to ask is why do you want to do that? From what you've said in another thread, the Relics seem to working OK for you so what is the issue you are looking to address by seeking to do that? How are you currently 'using' the Relics - since they appear for you in-game then they must already be in the UT.ini under Engine.GameEngine as a ServerPackage and declared in the mutator chain?
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

hpentium wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:28 am But I explicitly asked a question
Well, sir, we are trying to help you, but the thing is, your "explicit question" is really badly formulated. Try again. Seriously. :facepalm:
You should at least write the mutator's name correctly: RELICS.
We need more details. For example, are you trying to use the mutator offline, or are you trying to start a server with it?
EDIT:
OjitroC wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:19 pm From what you've said in another thread,
Wait...he already has another thread about this? :wth: Why don't people continue the thread they started? No wonder this is confusing.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

TankBeef wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:47 pm
OjitroC wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:19 pm From what you've said in another thread,
Wait...he already has another thread about this? :wth: Why don't people continue the thread they started? No wonder this is confusing.
No - the other thread is about why Relics don't appear in some maps - from this, I assumed that the OP is already using Relics and that these work in most maps, and so that they must already be in the UT.ini as ServerPackages or as a mutator (playing on-line or off-line).

Of course, you are right - we do need more details on how and where the OP wants to use the Relics and why the current method seemingly needs to be altered.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:38 pm
TankBeef wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:47 pm
No - the other thread is about why Relics don't appear in some maps - from this, I assumed that the OP is already using Relics and that these work in most maps, and so that they must already be in the UT.ini as ServerPackages or as a mutator (playing on-line or off-line).

Of course, you are right - we do need more details on how and where the OP wants to use the Relics and why the current method seemingly needs to be altered.
Oh yes, the relics pathnodes thread, now I remember. Yes, details are still too fuzzy about what he is trying to do. He should even post the log if he is having trouble.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

hpentium wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:19 pm zb.
Are you German?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Except "tossrelic" command which will throw away relic taken by Player I'm not aware about other specific commands. Relic mutator MUST BE Declared in Run-Line or Mutators chain from MapVote and not really using commands. These are mutators and they should load normally like the rest of mutators, nowadays they are loaded in whatever "MapVote.ini" file.

How to declare relics in mutators chain is self-explanatory in Relics.int file.
Relics.int wrote: [Public]
Object=(Name=Relics.RelicRegen,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Relic: Regen,A magical relic that imparts the ability to gain 10 health every second.")
Object=(Name=Relics.RelicDefense,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Relic: Defense,A magical relic that prevents 60% of all damage sustained by the user.")
Object=(Name=Relics.RelicSpeed,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Relic: Speed,A magical relic that imparts superhuman speed and reflexes.")
Object=(Name=Relics.RelicStrength,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Relic: Strength,A magical relic that imparts a great increase in damage.")
Object=(Name=Relics.RelicRedemption,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Relic: Redemption,This mysterious artifact will bind to your soul, saving you from death.")
Object=(Name=Relics.RelicDeath,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Relic: Vengeance,This relic will punish those who wish to slay you.")
For activating relics using UnrealTournament.ini, except adding them as ServerPackages and probably defining them in ActorCLP starter I don't think relics can be initiated there unless we are talking about some server tools loading mutators and declared there. Relics are usually declared in Run-Line or MAPVOTE not in UnrealTournament.ini. How many mutators have you seen started in UnrealTournament.ini except ServerActors delegated to load other connected mutators ?
hpentium
Novice

Post by hpentium »

Hello dear fellow men, first of all many thanks to all of you for your effort to help me. The problem has been solved. A short time ago I rented a game server at https://gameserver.gamed.de/ and the relicte/mutators in the user interface could not be kept. They kept jumping out when I restarted the server. And therefore I wanted to know where the same can be entered in the .ini to possibly remedy the situation. But now the employee there has determined that it was MapVotex107 (I have also set in the mods). If he took out MapVoteX107, it works again. So I took out MapVoteX107 and MapVoteX101 reingepack. And now it works.

But now I have the next problem. I accidentally emptied the history of FileZilla (Ftp). The data from the redirect server http://www.ut-files.com/
There I upload the .uz files from the maps. Now I tried to get the data from http://www.ut-files.com/ via the forum. Unfortunately the forum is down where I got the data. Also there is no other possibility to contact the site. Does anyone of you have a tip where I can get the data from the server. Or maybe another server?

Many thanks again ;)

A German ;)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Automatically merged

Unbelievable, I had the data after all. Turned my whole computer upside down again and found them. ;)

Thanks