[NEW] DM-[NiX]NewEraSnipers2022

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: [NEW] DM-[NiX]NewEraSnipers2022

Post by esnesi »

Arcaon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:15 pm I also like to see my maps on servers got remixed or anything lol. HF.
I would love the map on the server.
But sadly not with the general filenames it comes with, to prevent mismatches.
As you suggest to put the tag in front of any new remake that might come of this map, i suggest you to put your own tag in front of the filenames the map comes with.
(especially bed.utx)

for example: NIXbed, or ARCbed.utx.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

esnesi wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:51 pm I would love the map on the server.
As you suggest to put the tag in front of any new remake that might come of this map, i suggest you to put your own tag in front of the filenames the map comes with.
(especially bed.utx)

Is there a problem with that bed.utx - as far as I can tell, it's the one that many sniper (and other) maps use. At Unreal Archive there are 78 maps using this bed.utx, just one using another bed.utx and one map using bed.u.

I've got 7K+ .utx files and about 180 are duplicates (meaning utx with the same name) but I don't have a duplicate of bed.utx.

So the likelihood of a mismatch is minimal?
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:48 pm
esnesi wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:51 pm I would love the map on the server.
(especially bed.utx)

Is there a problem with that bed.utx - as far as I can tell, it's the one that many sniper (and other) maps use. At Unreal Archive there are 78 maps using this bed.utx, just one using another bed.utx and one map using bed.u.

I've got 7K+ .utx files and about 180 are duplicates (meaning utx with the same name) but I don't have a duplicate of bed.utx.

So the likelihood of a mismatch is minimal?
oke that's interesting indeed.
Sorry for my misassumption, didn't imagine they would be all using the same file.
Lunic
Average
Personal rank: The Best One

Post by Lunic »

yh i dont understand the problem lol. Its the same file since 2002~2004
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Do you mind if I ask you about that Bed.u file ? Is not somehow a sort of BotPack.uax, Engine.utx and other FAKE files which are never loaded/used ? Same as UTDMT.utx which is a package defined as UTDMT.u and all distributions with both U and "UTX" are plain stupid.
Here in forum we can discuss about solving Bed.u issue if whatever map uses it - I think it worth trying...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Arcaon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:13 am yh i dont understand the problem lol. Its the same file since 2002~2004
No problem - just a misunderstanding about that bed.utx.
sektor2111 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:32 am Do you mind if I ask you about that Bed.u file ? Is not somehow a sort of BotPack.uax, Engine.utx and other FAKE files which are never loaded/used ? Same as UTDMT.utx which is a package defined as UTDMT.u and all distributions with both U and "UTX" are plain stupid.
Here in forum we can discuss about solving Bed.u issue if whatever map uses it - I think it worth trying...
Not relevant to this thread but ... bed.u is a Decoration (unsurprisingly perhaps it's a bed - a basic, plain chunky wooden bed plus mattress). It's used in one map - a Blito CTF map - so that's one out of 6.3K (at least) CTF maps - not sure if that is an issue though. The best solution is not to have the one CTF map that uses it and then one doesn't get a conflict (off-line one can simply move bed.u out of the system folder when one wants to play any of the 70+ DM maps that use bed.utx).
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

Arcaon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:13 am yh i dont understand the problem lol. Its the same file since 2002~2004
My assumption was that there were more bed.utx files then only 1, which would cause mismatches to players that already had a bed.utx in their UT folder.
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

Nice looking map NIX :tu:

Especially the lighting. Sets a nice cool tone to the scene.

"je pourrais y vivre"

What's the monthly rent, and does it come included with cable TV and WiFi?
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I added path-nodes by command (678) for us to use on Gauntlet we play, THX great map and just put a P at the end of the name.
Attachments
DM-[NiX]NewEraSnipers2022p.zip
(26.55 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Nah...

Code: Select all

LostData: ReachSpecs missing from Paths[0-15] 		= 237.
LostData: ReachSpecs missing from upStreamPaths[0-15] 	= 139.
FixedWithSuccess: ReachSpecs successfully attached 	= 369.
FixFailures: ReachSpecs attaching failures - probably no place = 7.
I'll use mine when I'll be done with it.
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

After some thorough testing and thanks to jmartin for the map, and Hitman for the path-nodes this map is in all honestly a bit fun. Great areas for sniping as well. Would be great for a DOM match in my opinion.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

NemesisNeS wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:04 pm After some thorough testing and thanks to jmartin for the map...
:?: :?:
What's up with jmartin, for my personal curiosity ?

Resuming Editing purpose
After 21 Years of UT, this IS NOT how to add PathNodes, it was generated useless data out of paths-net and more than 6000 ReachSpecs. In edited version which I touched, map is even smaller than original empty one, with only 1107 ReachSpecs added at this moment. All is doable under 2000 ReachSpecs which is under hard-coded value from UE1 at 3000 - Inside Engine with other words.

Code: Select all

/*=============================================================================
	UnPath.h: Path node creation and ReachSpec creations and management specific classes
	Copyright 1997-1999 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Revision history:
		* Created by Steven Polge 3/97
=============================================================================*/

#define DEBUGGINGPATHS  1 //1 to put path info in log
#define MAXMARKERS 3000 //bound number of turn markers
#define MAXREACHSPECS 3000 //bound number of reachspecs 
#define MAXCOMMONRADIUS 70 //max radius to consider in building paths
#define MAXCOMMONHEIGHT 70
#define MINCOMMONHEIGHT 48 //min typical height for non-human intelligent creatures
#define MINCOMMONRADIUS 24 //min typical radius for non-human intelligent creatures
#define COMMONRADIUS    52 //max typical radius of intelligent creatures
#define HUMANRADIUS     18 //normal player pawn radius
#define HUMANHEIGHT     39 //normal playerpawn height

//Reachability flags - using bits to save space
Overloading arrays was never good disregarding usual hands clapping.

Misc Explanations:
- Polge was writing "PlayerPawn" forgetting to explain that human player might crash game if is trying intensive to mess with paths-net in game. UTPG was "fixing" problem by removing that "Test" feature - with other words fixing nothing - they disabled the bug instead of fixing it.
- #define MAXCOMMONRADIUS 70 //max radius to consider in building paths - I'm sorry for plain Titan which won't ever patrol because Titans are bigger than 70 × 70 (unless you put them on 0.6 DrawScale letting them to self-adjust their cyclinder), having actually 110 × 115 and also being discarded from R_Special paths because they are not that smart as a Skaarj/Bot/Bots.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

It may not be the only one out there. In all the years since, others may've made .utx files with the same name.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:44 am
It may not be the only one out there. In all the years since, others may've made .utx files with the same name.
See my comment at viewtopic.php?p=133267#p133051 about that.
Dennis
Average

Post by Dennis »

I'm an old timer zark sniper camper style and I totaly apriciate maps of this nature. I honestly fail to understand why people constantly complain about no bot support in these maps? The days of zark sniper camper style has long gone, but it still deserves the respect from both us who knew the gamestyle when it was on top and those who never played it. stop complaining about bot support for maps not needing bot support you cannot claim to play any map in just how you personaly favour the game, pay some respect to the author! This map only needs a zark sniper rifle and a translocator device that is how it is ment to be played.
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/