-= The UT99.org 2021 Mapping Contest =-

General Announcements about Unreal Tournament and UT99.org
Berserker
Experienced

Re: -= The UT99.org 2021 Mapping Contest =-

Post by Berserker »

Thanks for the feedback sektor!

The flames were one of the last things I added to the map. I also had plans to add simulated waving water with a splashing waterfall using the same method as the flames, but I couldn't do it, because of the contest deadline :( .
I will experiment with water in the future and see if I can apply this method for my future maps. In theory it should look amazing.

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:48 pm Edit: I am requesting your permission for using your flames combined with a dynamic light - in whatever future. I want to see if I can do a real fire effect. I did whatever dynamic light using a TorchFlame - but your flames are looking more realistic...
Yes, no problem, you can use the flames... in exchange for your bot pathing knowledge. :wink: :wink:
Bot pathing is a very complicated topic for me, I never knew how to handle them. I don't even know how you managed to display the botpath "links" (the yellow and green lines connecting with each other). Are there any tutorials for this type of bot pathing I can check on?

Also, you've mentioned the invisible walls on the ledge. I have fixed some of the invisible bsp glitch walls earlier today, as well as some other bug fixes - you can check it out in the map release thread, I have updated the download link to RC4. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14845#p133090
Check out how the bot pathing is in RC4 and let me know your feedback. Thank you!
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

So many maps but I only have 2 that have grabbed my attention. Good luck to the all participants. This is going to be a good one.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

@Sinnical
Since I was busy yesterday to do the poll, I'll allow it.

Also POLL HERE, NO MORE SUBMISSIONS!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14954
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

From the Poll thread:
NemesisNeS wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:55 pm DM-NRMC-Rocketfight_X by papercoffee (Best Monster Kill fest ever, and got a lot of telefrags out of this one.)
ONLY 4 player ... :loool:
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

papercoffee wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:04 pm From the Poll thread:
NemesisNeS wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:55 pm DM-NRMC-Rocketfight_X by papercoffee (Best Monster Kill fest ever, and got a lot of telefrags out of this one.)
ONLY 4 player ... :loool:
That's what made it effin fun as hell. Especially if you can camp in the right spot and just let off like a mad man. :mrgreen:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Berserker wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:50 pm Check out how the bot pathing is in RC4 and let me know your feedback. Thank you!
To me is overcrowded because I'm getting used to do these simplified. Either way that ramp... it's one way...
HT_4_Before.PNG
If you can figure, PathNode on ledge has only Paths going down, and nothing is coming from ramp. And then... after "loving" its location a bit and using Editor for reconstructing paths, stage has been changed... in both bases.
HT_4_After.PNG
The other discussion with setting up Editor for viewing paths properly it's maybe part of another topic, here can be off-topic and readers might get frustrated. We can setup a discussion around paths debugging subject elsewhere - public, because others might be interested about whatever quirks which tutorials are not very explaining or they don't explain at all, not even those writing these are not really aware how do these work and even myself I did not test all situations, usually I'm "drawing" a stage when some map has a scenario that need to be investigated in detail and I'm cloning a closer situation with logs printed.
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

:facepalm: Oh dear, I forgot to mention in the readme of AS-NRMC-Rendezvous that you need to go to your UnrealTournament.ini find [Botpack.Assault] and set bNoMonsters to False, otherwise the map cannot be finished. So if you are having problems is most likely because of that. Definitely fixing that for the mappack...
Somewhere in Nevada...
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

Aspide wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:55 am :facepalm: Oh dear, I forgot to mention in the readme of AS-NRMC-Rendezvous that you need to go to your UnrealTournament.ini find [Botpack.Assault] and set bNoMonsters to False, otherwise the map cannot be finished. So if you are having problems is most likely because of that. Definitely fixing that for the mappack...
LOL So that will explain why I could complete the assault run. Thanks mate!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Full Results: viewtopic.php?p=133291#p133291

WE HAVE A WINNER! Congratulations to Berserker! For his excellent CTF-NRMC-Hightown map!
2nd place goes to RoninMastaFX's DM-NRMC-Vakiton and 3rd is Sinnical with DM-NRMC-Outreach
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

Congrats to Berserker and the runner-ups
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Where should mappers release their new versions of the maps?
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

When is the cutoff date for map updates?

I was supposed to be home today but due to snow and COVID impacts on the airlines, the earliest I'm going to get back to my computer the end of the week.

"Hell is other people at SeaTac"
- Jean-Paul Sartre
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Was hoping for the 30th, but thinking of delaying for an extra week, as I kinda wanna finish my map too :P
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:49 am Was hoping for the 30th, but thinking of delaying for an extra week, as I kinda wanna finish my map too :P
If pack its packed and definitively finished and polished, would you mind if you notice me to update my thread for ut99 mappacks made to date please? so I can add an new mappack there :) :tu: :rock: