[Release]DM-Station64

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

[Release]DM-Station64

Post by Pikko »

:D
:D
Attachments
DM-Station64.rar
(7.28 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
Tyr
Skilled

Re: [Release]DM-Station64

Post by Tyr »

Released:
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

Loved it, Pikko is really good at making DM maps. The skybox looks very strange in my game:
Station64Shot.png
I'm not sure what's going on here, it could be a video driver issue, but that's just my guess.

Anyway great map Pikko :tu:
Somewhere in Nevada...
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Post by Pikko »

Tyr wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:12 pm Image
:?:
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

Works great and I like the atmosphere of the map. Lots of room to camp and maneuver around. Great job!
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Killer map.

Fun factor, you did a good job. It feels like 3 mappers combined for a certain aspect from each.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

If ONE mapper or ONE Hundred mappers did this, map will find a place in public MGS server because has PATHS compatible even with bigger boys, in which Movers-Lifts will respond at non-player DM creatures and all goodies. Greetings, Pikko !
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

NemesisNeS wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:46 pm Works great and I like the atmosphere of the map. Lots of room to camp and maneuver around. Great job!
Im curious who are (for you) those 3 mappers, would you like to share your thoughs with us sir? :)
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

darksonny wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:42 pm Im curious who are (for you) those 3 mappers, would you like to share your thoughs with us sir? :)
I never mentioned three mappers mate :confused2: :???: :?
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

NemesisNeS wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:14 pm
darksonny wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:42 pm Im curious who are (for you) those 3 mappers, would you like to share your thoughs with us sir? :)
I never mentioned three mappers mate :confused2: :???: :?
lOL My brandy did the work making to me doing a mistake when writing here...actually it was directed to red_fist :mrgreen: :idea:
NemesisNeS
Experienced

Post by NemesisNeS »

darksonny wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:47 pm lOL My brandy did the work making to me doing a mistake when writing here...actually it was directed to red_fist :mrgreen: :idea:
:D :tu: :lol2: It's cool mate! It happened to me when I used to drink seven years ago. No harm done!
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

I definitely sense some FraGnBraG influence. Looking forward to trying out this map when I get home to my computer
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

darksonny wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:42 pm
NemesisNeS wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:46 pm Works great and I like the atmosphere of the map. Lots of room to camp and maneuver around. Great job!
Im curious who are (for you) those 3 mappers, would you like to share your thoughs with us sir? :)
Well I wasn't meaning mappers, but techniques, it is fast paced action, but also looks good along with strategy.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Based on my understanding, some people are trying harder to put details which UT is not really having or they don't understand well textures. However, this map for me is usable even if as visual aspect it has issues which to me are not really logic.
Certain floor texture "RUSTY_FLOOR" where is placed some ammo is BLACK. The same is for whatever light "SH_LIGHT_04".
St64_1.PNG
St64.PNG
In conclusion, if anyone else than Pikko has touched geometry - Textures - he/she has only ruined them filling MyLevel with black junks.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:57 am Certain floor texture "RUSTY_FLOOR" where is placed some ammo is BLACK. The same is for whatever light "SH_LIGHT_04".
No, those textures are fine both in the Editor and in the game in 469b.

Rusty_Floor
rustyfloor.png

SH_Light_04
shlight.png
Perhaps it's to do with the renderer you use in the Editor? My screenshots were taken using D3D9.

The Editor log (469b Editor) does say

Code: Select all

Log: The compressed mipmaps of texture MyLevel.Floor.rusty_floor contained invalid data. We will try to use the uncompressed mipmaps instead.
Log: The compressed mipmaps of texture MyLevel.Light.sh_light_04 contained invalid data. We will try to use the uncompressed mipmaps instead.
But those kind of entries are not unusual for textures.

------------------------------------- EDIT -----------------------------------------
In 436 using EXUOpenGL in both the Editor and in the game, those two textures show up white for me. So, yes, there is a problem with those textures in 436 (I can't use D3D9 in 436 so no idea if that works OK).

For at least 6 other textures in the map the log reports "The compressed mipmaps of texture ... contained invalid data. We will try to use the uncompressed mipmaps instead" when using 469.