CTF West Side Story 1961

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
jmartin
Skilled

CTF West Side Story 1961

Post by jmartin »

Okay, I might get beat up for this, but, yeah, I brought show tunes to Unreal :-)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/crk005ml ... 1.zip/file

http://islandalien.com/unreal/wss

This map commemorates the original 1961 film, and the recently released 2021 remake by Stephen Spielberg.

No weapons besides pistols.

In the movie, there are only knives and 1 pistol.

Knives almost seemed too - even more gratuitous so I left them out.

Thanks.

http://islandalien.com/unreal/wss/JetWhistle.mp3
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: CTF West Side Story 1961

Post by EvilGrins »

jmartin wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:47 amI brought show tunes to Unreal :-)
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

Okay, I might get beat up for this, but, yeah, I brought show tunes to Unreal :-)
Nah, but if it sucks you will... j/k Thanks mate, I needed something that will keep me entertained after working on this damn mutator that was requested of me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I ran through the DM and CTF versions of your map. I still have a slight problem with the DM spawn points, but not complaining as long as I move quickly out of the general area. CTF was fun as and a must have for those that like playing CTF. Thanks for sharing!
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Certainly a fun map and a fine tribute to the 1961 film. I am not a fan of musicals but West Side Story is certainly an exception and a film that sticks in my mind (as does the music of course) - playing the map takes me back and rekindles distant memories - so thanks for another expert recreation :tu:
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

NemesisNeS wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:04 pm
Nah, but if it sucks you will... j/k Thanks mate, I needed something that will keep me entertained after working on this damn mutator that was requested of me.

So I ran through the DM and CTF versions of your map. I still have a slight problem with the DM spawn points, but not complaining as long as I move quickly out of the general area. CTF was fun as and a must have for those that like playing CTF. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks NemesisNeS

I believe there are only 4 PlayerStarts in the map, 2 for each "gang" so if there are a lot of players / bots maybe get clear as soon as you respawn so you don't get telefragged.

By the way, we saw the 2021 Spielberg remake at the cinema the other night, and WOW, they nailed it.

Good luck with the Mutator. Let us know when it's finished, can't wait to see it! :tu:
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

jmartin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:01 am
Good luck with the Mutator. Let us know when it's finished, can't wait to see it! :tu:
Thanks mate, this one isn't as easy as I thought. Specifically the person wants to have a mini-map with his servers logo on the bottom of it. But the mini-map as I tried to explain to him would require me to grab a snapshot of all of his custom maps on his server. I made a generic style compass and radar that will at the very least get him started, but that didn't seem to be enough... oh well. Taking a break from it for now, since I'm also trying to re-invent the wheel, by creating a modified version of the HUD as well :ironic: Got some anime that I have been meaning to catch up on, and so taking some time to catch up on it before I really dig in to code everything and show off my stuff to you guys.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2: