-= The UT99.org 2021 Mapping Contest =-

General Announcements about Unreal Tournament and UT99.org
Aspide
Skilled

Re: -= The UT99.org 2021 Mapping Contest =-

Post by Aspide »

Hello everybody, I released a new version (and Final unless someone mentions a big issue) of my map AS-NRMC-Rendezvous, you can find it in the 2021 NRMC release thread.

Also congratulations to Berserker for winning the contest :thuup: :thuup: , interesting that Berserker's map almost didn't made it into the competition.
Somewhere in Nevada...
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Post by Pikko »

I dont know how many entrys it used to be - ( earlier years ), but is this a normal year? :idea2:
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

I made a new version of my map, thanks to _21 for letting me know the map had a nasty issue with the angle of some jump pads...
Somewhere in Nevada...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Pikko wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:04 am I dont know how many entrys it used to be - ( earlier years ), but is this a normal year? :idea2:
I had a quick look at the number of entries for previous contests and I would say there were more this year than there have been recently - I think the last contest to produce more entries was the 512K contest back in 2013 or 2014 (can't remember exactly but there were a lot of entries for that contest) and there may have one other contest where there were slightly more. So no, this year is not a normal year - very nice to see that there is still as much interest as there is in producing maps for a contest.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Just for the fact I couldnt make a proper poll cuz the number of entries was too high shows its not a normal one :mrgreen: (poll has 12 entries max limit), really glad how this contest turned out. Well done everyone!
Sinnical
Average

Post by Sinnical »

I posted an updated version of my map in the map release thread. Mostly visual improvements, but I also moved a few items around, tried to make the bots a bit better, etc. Of course I've already noticed a couple other issues since then :facepalm: but hopefully nothing major.

I also just updated to v469 and the 2.2 version of the editor for the first time during this contest. It's pretty cool. If I had done that from the start it might have streamlined things a bit.

If there is an official deadline for map fixes and it's a few days away, I might try to tweak things a bit more. But no matter how much I work on it I'll always find something else I wish I had done :tongue: Still not quite what I wanted, but I'm def happier with the newer version.

Cheers all

edit: fixed screenshots
Attachments
OR3.png
OR2.png
OR1.png
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Hi
Is any news about the mappack being packed with these maps? if not, notice me please, thanks!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

darksonny wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:47 am Hi
Is any news about the mappack being packed with these maps? if not, notice me please, thanks!
Still accepting fixes till this friday (unless mappers need more time, lemme know), should have mappack on saturday/sunday. :thuup:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

With archive or without archive Shrimp's map is in public (has ZERO errors, boys), another by Pikko (little flickering but usable and good), RedFist's map - an edit with different paths and... I'll look well at HighTown because in future it might be needed for extra-compatibility with another sort of "players" which I'm using. Then I'll look forward for others, some of them might be good with a bit of love for paths (routes to JumpSpot actors passing through geometry it's not my style...). Greetings to all participants, in my opinion a map is welcomed even if archive is ready, community probably wants good maps... better Later than Never.
Phorce
Experienced
Personal rank: Sgt. Nutz

Post by Phorce »

Or a separate texture contest ? The winning textures are then specified in a map contest much like the use of the logo at the top of thread is specified as needing to be used in the map.

Automatically merged

SteadZ wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:12 pm looking pretty cool there ExpEM, looking forward to seeing what you do with the surrounding landscape

stuck my head in the blender and came out with this, thankfully no bsp issues yet :o

apologies for the rushed/wip lighting lol
I assume the castle walls and turrets are from Blender ? What's the tool chain on that ?
"Weapons! ... for all occasions." Bill Hicks