Monster Hunt 613

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Buggie
Godlike

Re: Monster Hunt 604

Post by Buggie »

conformed very complicated thing. And work properly if chain of version persist and done properly.
Also this allow clients use outdated version. So can be problems.

Not solution here at all.

---

Another question: what about introduce some way for prevent monsters attack each other?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:06 am
Another question: what about introduce some way for prevent monsters attack each other?
That's part of the fun though, isn't it? It seems reasonable that if a monster gets hit by a projectile from another monster they should retaliate (they are, after all, monsters - most with mammal brains and mammals will, by and large, retaliate if attacked). It also helps reduce monster numbers particularly in maps where there are large numbers of monsters.

Of course, it won't stop monsters getting damaged by projectiles - get a Titan to start throwing boulders and it will soon squash anything in its vicinity.

I used to play MeltTown a lot and get the boss monsters to start fighting amongst themselves by firing at some at the back in that large building facing the entrance to the 'town' - I'd then sit back and watch the ensuing fight spread - great fun.

If there is any thought of doing this, at least please make it configurable so that it can be turned off if one wants.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This is another chapter which I solved by "teaming" them using their own code. Of course, for preventing a closer reaction, if a monster in a group receives damage from player, nearby monsters are engaged against player attacker too and then... all group with chase the same common enemy. Randomly they might be annoyed each-other but it's not like the do this permanently. For me this is the stage which I like because I get the score for killing them not when they kill each-other.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@Shrimp - please see this post 133502#p133501 for a possible bug in 604 - a crash on MH-GrandCanyonML2 caused by "SkaarjSniper MH-GrandCanyonML2v0.SkaarjSniper12 (Function UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.startup.SetTeam:0075) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)"
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

If you shoot 1 monster in a tight group of lets say 20 the rest dont care at all, imagine 1 soldier gets his head blown off in a platoon in real life and no one reacted lol, can this be fixed?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Hitman wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:35 pm If you shoot 1 monster in a tight group of lets say 20 the rest dont care at all, imagine 1 soldier gets his head blown off in a platoon in real life and no one reacted lol, can this be fixed?
That's odd - don't think I have ever seen that - is that on every map and with every type of monster?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I've seen this sorta thing outside this new MH update before, with other large groupings of monsters, so it's not that unusual, but...
Hitman wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:35 pmIf you shoot 1 monster in a tight group of lets say 20 the rest dont care at all, imagine 1 soldier gets his head blown off in a platoon in real life and no one reacted lol
...maybe they're hoping if they don't move nobody else will shoot.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Code: Select all

function int ReduceDamage(int Damage, name DamageType, pawn injured, pawn instigatedBy) //screwed properly
{
	local ScriptedPawn S;

if ( instigatedBy != None && instigatedBy.bIsPlayer && instigatedBy.PlayerReplicationInfo == None )
		instigatedBy.bIsPlayer = False;
	if ( injured != None && injured.bIsPlayer && injured.PlayerReplicationInfo == None )
		injured.bIsPlayer = False;

if (injured.Region.Zone.bNeutralZone)
		return 0;
	if ( InstigatedBy != None && injured != None && injured != InstigatedBy && injured.Health > 0 && injured.IsA('ScriptedPawn') && !InstigatedBy.IsA('ScriptedPawn') )
	{
		ScriptedPawn(injured).Hated = InstigatedBy;
		if (FRand() > 0.6)
		{
			ScriptedPawn(injured).Enemy = InstigatedBy;
			ScriptedPawn(injured).LastSeenPos = InstigatedBy.Location;
			ScriptedPawn(injured).Target = InstigatedBy;
			if (bDumbDown)
			foreach RadiusActors (class'ScriptedPawn',S,600,ScriptedPawn(injured).Location)
			{
				if ( S.Health > 0 && (FastTrace(injured.Location,S.location)))
				{
					if (S.IsInState('Waiting') || S.IsInState('Wandering'))
					{
						S.Hated = InstigatedBy;
						S.Enemy = InstigatedBy;
						S.LastSeenPos = InstigatedBy.Location;
						S.GotoState('Attacking');
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
When you'll use some A.I. codes action is changed... guaranteed...
Teaming problem does iterations and that's why it needs a delay... Once again Monsters can wake up LATER in bunches not all of them and only if game starts.
Shrimp
Adept

Re: Monster Hunt 605

Post by Shrimp »

Updated first post with v605, primarily fixes crash in MH-GrandCanyonML2 (no longer assigns monsters to team) and some minor text things that have been bothering me.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Is this a bug? Using MH 605 I started playing MH-(BrK)ChupaCabra - near the start are some Unreal miniguns - on picking one up I found there was no first person view though the weapon fired OK.

I went back to MH 503 and started the map again - the first person view is fine - I can see the weapon I am holding. I used exactly the same setup regarding mutators, etc - so no changes other than MH version.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

When I captured a weapon from a monster Off-Line in game Monster Defence, weapon was INVISIBLE in prior version - now I think is the same here...
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Hmm, interesting. The engine/compiler does not like spaces between Vector arguments.

I reformatted the code for 601+ and things like PlayerViewOffset=(X=5.600000,Y=-1.500000,Z=-1.800000) became PlayerViewOffset=(X=5.600000, Y=-1.500000, Z=-1.800000) - that seems to break it. Maybe it's just an issue with DefaultProperties. It seems normal vect definitions are not affected the same way. I guess DefaultProperties are parsed a bit differently to normal UnrealScript code.

Anyway, will fix, thanks!
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm not sure if PlayerViewOffset is the answer to the problem. For me this thing is already solved as long as the bug was concerning Monsters from map not those brought later in run-time - here the bug was only moved ahead. The function recommended by Higor in game-controller I think was helping the stage.

Code: Select all

function bool PickupQuery( Pawn Other, Inventory item )
{
	local bool bResult;

bResult = Super.PickupQuery( Other, Item);
	if ( bResult && Item.bAlwaysRelevant )
		Item.bAlwaysRelevant = false;
	return bResult;
}
And then... I can happily use weapons taken from monsters - doesn't matter which weapon because we have even capability to use non-TournamentWeapons On-Line without a problem. Perhaps Off-Line player won't need any replacement. In a local game player can use any sort of weapon there is not even needed any replacement.
Shrimp
Adept

Re: Monster Hunt 606

Post by Shrimp »

Version 606 has been released, which fixes the invisible U1 weaponry.

Incidentally v606 is also 6.66mb.
ShrimpWorks
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Monster Hunt 606

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Finally sat down and played the "default" MH and MA maps that came with the mod, tried v605 so some these might already be fixed, but ya know, also sorry for not making an issue on github, I need to learn how to use that site one day LOL. Few bugs I did encounter were: :D

- the U1 weapons with either centered on invisble orientation (will try new version later to check)
- Monsters still fighting each other before anyone reaching them (I might be one of the few that actually doesnt hate when they fight each other, as I could see some map ideas of like a huge battle of Mercenaries vs Skaarj happening), while StopYourFighting fixes that, could I ask for like an option in either a monsters properties or in the gametype options to have that on/off?
- Both MH-NaliVillage][ and MH-Lonely][ had issues of gates not opening? Lonely][ mightve been just me not finding the right trigger to access the outside of the keep but quite a few gates just didnt open in NaliVillage][, making everyone stuck in the titan room after a death.