exact name of the contest mapping?

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
darksonny
Adept

exact name of the contest mapping?

Post by darksonny »

Hi all ut'ers
I downloaded a map called DM-RP-1on1-Eneida. In his readme file tells mapper who did this nice map won the third position from a contest called CUED Map Contest. Anybody can tell me what does mean CUED word from the contest. Second question is: where is the mappack with all the participators who submitted their maps to this contest and (if any) their bonus maps? is any mappack from this event?

Thanks!
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: exact name of the contest mapping?

Post by TankBeef »

Interesting. BTW, is this forum in the active forums thread? I don't see it.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

TankBeef wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:59 pm Interesting. BTW, is this forum in the active forums thread? I don't see it.
Not yet.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Ok went through all the maps in the list, tried at least to compile links to download them:

DM-Furio (Kaka) - Can't seem to find this one anywhere.
DM-Dystopia (Charon) - Also can't find it, there is a UT4 map by the same name by Stevie, and a UT3 map by Scorn.
DM-Chainless (Deadkatz) - Also nope :(
DM-RP-1on1-Eneida (Raven) - https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 4eed8.html
DM-Metallum (Deadkatz) - https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 3bd49.html
DM-Crone (Deadkatz) - NOPE
DM-Stud (rnlp) - NOPE
DM-KingSize (Preki) - NOPE
DM-Tarydium (Preki) - NOPE

Anyone happen to have those maps or can work out in that forum where the downloads are?
EDIT: Actually the maps in Charon's sig lead to dead links too, possible to contact him?
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

DM-Furio.zip
from a missing uz server few years ago, i was lookin' for the map with readme file, well...
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
I tried to register in that polish forum to ask for the remaining maps but the question antibot system got me out tat forum lol, I dont speak polish, went with the intention on the sink hole with frustration.
Last edited by darksonny on Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:22 pm
EDIT: Actually the maps in Charon's sig lead to dead links too, possible to contact him?
I was able to download the maps in Charon's sig - actually I just downloaded Amphetamine as I already had Cobalt. Amphetamine is certainly worth having a look at.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:01 pm
I was able to download the maps in Charon's sig - actually I just downloaded Amphetamine as I already had Cobalt. Amphetamine is certainly worth having a look at.
Can ya reupload them somewhere (if the readme says its ok at least lol), Chrome just refuses to dl those maps... Hmm might have to switch browsers :?
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:23 pm
OjitroC wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:01 pm
Can ya reupload them somewhere (if the readme says its ok at least lol), Chrome just refuses to dl those maps... Hmm might have to switch browsers :?
Yes Gecko, you should consider Firefox, I have been using it for years. (That Cobalt map is really nice, also...it has...mayhem!!! :rock: )
Ok so, the readme: "You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (internet,
FIDO, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive
intact."

Automatically merged

Wait...I do get a "potential security risk" warning when trying to download from unreal.pl, but I just "accept the risk and continue". I don't understand why, these files are not executables. :?
Attachments
DM-Amphetamine_UEL.rar
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
DM-Cobalt.zip
(3.43 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Thing is changing the browser for phone isnt easy, as it considers Chrome a system app, so Im kinda stuck with that, can do with PC at least.
Thanks TankBeef :)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:59 am Thing is changing the browser for phone isnt easy, as it considers Chrome a system app
Wrong, Browser can be changed or used another one nearby Stock Browser unless that phone is a dodgy product...
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

It's a 2016 Huawei P9 lite, tend to only buy new stuff when the old ones fully break lol, also not from a rich country so kinda best to save where I can. :D
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:47 pm tend to only buy new stuff when the old ones fully break lol
Yes, that is me also. :tu: That is why I still have my humble laptop. :lol2:
UnrealGGecko wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:47 pm also not from a rich country
Me neither...
But yes, I was referring to a browser on the PC. I don't understand, you mean you download maps and UT stuff to your mobile, instead of directly to the computer? :shock:

Automatically merged

Looks like there has been more than one CUED. Here DM-Cobalt takes first place. https://www.esports.pl/news/konkurs-cue ... rona/1/kom
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Um... nope, I'm not talking about "rich" stuff because my cheap rig had 3 browsers (it's from 2017) and... at a moment it was slow. I had to get rid of unused assets... This year I replaced battery because... I'm not going to change it very soon. Some latest machines (proposed by companies) are a bit "funny" and... bugged... as it is shown by themselves :loool: .
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I think I found some working download links! Wayback Machine saved the day!

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://unrealed.vel.pl/*

In the search bar you can type ".zip", ".rar" and ".exe" (?!) without quotes and there should be some actual maps and other things in there. :rock:
EDIT: ok its not all of them, the page was like this and its missing some zips, but its something:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090201004 ... 2&id_kol=3