XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

How you play in XVehicles?

Multiplayer and local play
30%
Only Multiplayer
35%
Only local play
26%
Not play
9%

Total votes: 23

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: X-Vehicles (Network play)

Post by EvilGrins »

The monsters from Gauntlet are a pretty even match for the tanks.
Attachments
Shot0113.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Things not work on this way. Editor must know collision size at time of placing actor. on runtime location already hardcoded in map.

In fact any implementation very limited by exists another code.
But nothing bad if you make specific factories. it is ok. it is like preset for generic factory - easy to use.

But some stuff in UT really make me crazy. For example death messages. Its based on default (!) class (!) properties.
So for message on client send only class of weapon. I do not want create class for each weapon where need duplicate already exists info. it is violation of DRY and SOLID.
I really hate this. Instead of use one DriverWeapon, on which I able set all need properties on runtime, I need create a bunch of subclasses and link it, maintain and use Instead of base class. Also all info on change need write twice. In original place and in this subclass.
And this need subclass for EACH gun. So for 6 vehicles need 8 subclasses. :mad2:
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I have been adjusting the source tree to make it possible to build it fully from ModBuild; it turns out it's a bit difficult because it has multiple packages; so each has to be its own ModBuild tree technically. I can use a top-level Makefile to build all of them.

Now, building XVehicles.u entirely from scratch seems to fail, because of this line:

Code: Select all

local NavigationPoint Visible[ArrayCount(VehicleOwner.Driver.RouteCache)], NP;
It fails like this:

Code: Select all

=======================================
ucc.exe: UnrealOS execution environment
Copyright 1999 Epic Games Inc
=======================================

--------------------Core--------------------
--------------------Engine--------------------
--------------------Editor--------------------
--------------------UWindow--------------------
--------------------Fire--------------------
--------------------IpDrv--------------------
--------------------UWeb--------------------
--------------------UBrowser--------------------
--------------------UnrealShare--------------------
--------------------UnrealI--------------------
--------------------UMenu--------------------
--------------------IpServer--------------------
--------------------Botpack--------------------
--------------------UTServerAdmin--------------------
--------------------UTMenu--------------------
--------------------UTBrowser--------------------
--------------------XVehicles-20220901--------------------
Analyzing...
Parsing VehicleExit
Parsing WalkPathNode
Parsing DriverWeapon
Parsing BotAttractInv
Parsing DriverShield
Parsing DriverWNotifier
Parsing VehicleShadow
Parsing XVehiclesCTF
Parsing XVehiclesMH
Parsing XVehiclesSummon
Parsing EnterMessagePlus
Parsing CameraMaster
Parsing DriverCameraActor
Parsing PassengerCameraA
Parsing VAIBehaviour
XVehicles-20220901\Classes\VAIBehaviour.uc(49) : Error, Unrecognized member 'Driver' in class 'Vehicle'
Critical error while compiling

History: UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Buggie wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 am Things not work on this way. Editor must know collision size at time of placing actor. on runtime location already hardcoded in map.

In fact any implementation very limited by exists another code.
But nothing bad if you make specific factories. it is ok. it is like preset for generic factory - easy to use.
True, although it's extra maintenance. My idea does include collision size known at time of placing actor, because really what you're placing is the vehicle class itself, but my idea was to add some code that automatically converts a placed Vehicle into an equivalent Factory on map load (although how the mapper would specify for it to be auto-converted would of course be up to your discretion).
Buggie wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 am So for message on client send only class of weapon. I do not want create class for each weapon where need duplicate already exists info. it is violation of DRY and SOLID.
I really hate this. Instead of use one DriverWeapon, on which I able set all need properties on runtime, I need create a bunch of subclasses and link it, maintain and use Instead of base class. Also all info on change need write twice. In original place and in this subclass.
And this need subclass for EACH gun. So for 6 vehicles need 8 subclasses. :mad2:
Oh yes, those are broken! I feel your pain.

Maybe it is possible to subclass DeathMessage or whatever it's called again? If not, then you might as a last resort make a subclass of PlayerReplicationInfo and build "dummy" instances of these subclasses whenever a vehicle obituary is needed.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Sorry, I not plan make this source buildable. If you want do this - you on your own.
> XVehicles-20220901\Classes\VAIBehaviour.uc(49) : Error, Unrecognized member 'Driver' in class 'Vehicle'
IDK why. Field is declared.

And you can not build this source, even if parsing goes without errors. Simply because textures, sounds and models not here. new textures added directly to package, and no any #exec rules for them.

As written in readme this source for track changes. For see what changes and prevent dumb things, like I do on v0 (lost few sounds and classes).

About DeathMessage - I not see any way without rewrite game, except create dumb classes. So I create it, maybe very later after all stuff will be stabilized.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Buggie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:05 am About DeathMessage - I not see any way without rewrite game, except create dumb classes. So I create it, maybe very later after all stuff will be stabilized.
I guess then the point was that some dumb classes are better than others :ironic:
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

v13

- fix aim bPhysicalGunAimOnly == false spared shooting cannons.
- fix Chooper phisycs bugs.
- Fix apply overlay to animated meshs.
- Fix copy animated meshs for wreck parts.
- Add Cybot Helico vehicle.
- Add bCanFly flag for vehicles.
- Fix walking in air bots.
- Fix reset bots on exit from vehicle.
- Better aim bots on cannons.
- Bigger distance for car stolen sound.
- Fix v436 bug for ride over pawns.
- fix collision with paws.
- Rework bump for pawns and vehicles.
- Eleminate dependency from main package to others.

Updated at first post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936

Cybot Helico vehicle:
Shot00000.jpg
Shot00001.jpg
Summon command:
summon XChopVeh.CybotHelico
or for XVehiclesSummon mutator:
mutate veh 7
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Nice to see a flying vehicle :gj:

Still getting used to it but my initial observations are :
1 The health seems rather low;
2 The red dot in the centre of the crosshair sometimes obscures targets on the ground, especially those some distance away.

How does one get the Helico to land safely?

The secondary fire rocket seems to be a homing one that often targets other Helicos - any way to alter this?

More generally, is there a way to alter the health (or other properties) of the vehicles without altering the relevant .u file?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Oh goody, another flying vehicle I can fight warlords in!
OjitroC wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:34 pmHow does one get the Helico to land safely?
Well...
Attachments
RCO019.jpg
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Heli inspired by UT2004 Raptor.
1. In fact Health is 360 for heli and 300 for Raptor, so it even more then in UT2004.
2. Yes, exists some problems with that. Noted for solve in future. Also in network play it can show lack of pitch.
3. For land you can go down and exit.
4. Rocket autoaim to other fly vehicle from opposite team. Too taken from UT2004. Can not be altered.
5. Yes, you can create own mutator and alter many other things. Make it embed in map or separate package. But anyway need study some internal stuff of XVehicles.

Heli not really ft for MH. and mostly cheat for it. So I not see any sense adapt it for MH. It is mostly PvP modes vehicle, like Raptor.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Hmm, the cybot helis look a lot better as heli vehicles than I thought they would.
It's like... they have this mean look to them on the front, ready to destroy some stuff (especially the red ones), and seem to fit a human player just fine inside the red sphere, acting as a glass.

I never created them to be like this, but the model ends up working quite right here.
Nice. :D

@papercoffee: Remember years ago when I released NW3, that you thought it would be cool to be able to guide the cybot helis?
Well, not 100% the same, but see above. :mrgreen:
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I plan reuse cannon cybots as stationary cannons too. :lol:
Maybe find usage for some another stuff too. :loool:

Automatically merged

Currently I even reuse transform animation for spawn heli.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Buggie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:44 am I plan reuse cannon cybots as stationary cannons too.
Maybe find usage for some another stuff too.
Yeah... i think an obligatory assault map is required for this new feature. :loool:
:gj:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Old UT Veteran wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:11 amYeah... i think an obligatory assault map is required for this new feature.
I was thinking more in mind, after I get some practice flying them, to make an edit of this CTF:
Image Image
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Flying vehicles not able carry flag by default.
OFC this can be changed via mutator.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Unknown0C for Heli control. :???:

Automatically merged

Found it:
user.ini wrote: [Engine.Input]
Unknown0C=onrelease mantaduck2|mantaduck|Duck
Attachments
HeliControls.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett