[NEW] DM-[WcF]WarfareHouse][

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: [NEW] DM-[WcF]WarfareHouse][

Post by sektor2111 »

Arcaon wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:36 pm And to sektor. I would never...
plus banning each other lmao. your own members from your own servers.
I took your point but let me light things just a little bit.
What I was talking about it was a simple navigation stuff which can be a hazard in some hours of the day.
As for the rest of HOF things, you should not be concerned. I'm not banning people from "My" servers because HOF are not exactly my servers. I have a single server never seen public (perhaps privately) where I do experiments and more or less crazy things. What I was banning in ranged style was some AIMBOT boys where I posted videos with their instant turns used to win matches - yeah "skill" no wonder - skill in installing aimbots more exactly, and nothing based on assumptions. The rest were restrictions for harassing players and all sort of such habits. I never had any plan for abusing power, it's not my way. Yes, I understand that I'm a bit abrasive but... I packed crash-logs and so I'm based on what I see and know. If "Evil" the main Lord is banning members, that's not my doing, funny is that later he was claiming as never been part of HOF but server was tagged "HOF" and he used HOF tag as well :noidea - now he is in charge there and I won't reinforce any ban at machine Policies Level as long as I won't hunt anyone there. I worked for making maps operational, maps were voted a lot and this was triggering discussions and even bans for Mid-Game votes. In these cases I see that fixing things were doing damage at Human Level, and then... I claim myself guilty for doing human damage by making things to work. Perhaps it would be advisable leaving clients to crash and facing issues and those maps would not have votes... and then some members would say: You cannot fix anything.
The rest: I was asked why I banned a girl, she could not see server. The fact is I did not ban any girl, ever. The girl (female more exactly) had a Camera which was hacked, DDoS-ing NfoServers services. Those guys are not swallowing these jokes and they applied hard way - banning at ISP level cutting all net-line. Not a single time they sent me e-mails telling me about DDoS attacks rejected and restricted for various periods delivering even data.
It's understandable if you feel offended ( I don't know how much fault I'm having ) but... I'm not supposed to make some "Boo" over there...
For me was good to have posting freedom of attachments and capability to do corrections and not the battle place with members. That's wrong assumption.
I read what you told at Evil, and for an informative note me one I won't remove or edit that post. I'm reading what people are thinking and posting even if they point finger at me or elsewhere, talking whatever they think. I respect their opinions exactly as they are doesn't matter their words used.

Map chapter:
Colors and all are good looking, it's really well designed. The rest of collisions risks I already described.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Thu May 13, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I thought mapping is topic here? :omfg:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I told about map, then I see map topic was turned to sektor and Hof and bans and all that stuff - I think I owed explanations then...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ok ...I ask one last time. Can we go back to topic?

We don't care what HOF has done or not done, we are not HOF.
If you insist to wash your laundry in public, then I (we) would appreciate it if you do not do it on our doorstep.
Thank you.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Dude, I really like your maps, I'm not a sniper player but I won't mind if it's just sniper rifles in there. But I want to ask you 1 thing, because you are really limiting your audience. Please add botpathing to your maps. Even some basic apple spread helps. :(
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:34 am Dude, I really like your maps, I'm not a sniper player but I won't mind if it's just sniper rifles in there. But I want to ask you 1 thing, because you are really limiting your audience. Please add botpathing to your maps. Even some basic apple spread helps. :(
Yes, all this "only for snipers", "only for campers", is really...what can I say...makes one feel like you have to be part of a club to play those maps. :facepalm: . But...it's his maps man, if he does not want to bot path, we have to respect that. Now, he does have a pair of "non-snipers", that Quake Champions map I mentioned earlier? Very fun one, you should try it. And I don't even play Quake. Well, I do...I fire it up once in a while...but my go to is UT.
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

i always put nix maps on my sniper server they are some of the best out there just my opinion for what its worth
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Link off?!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

TankBeef wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:59 pm And yes, I know it's hard to do on those maps.
It is! By default you have to plop a ton of path nodes just because there is so little range between them.

Fortunately with XC_Engine, if you enable EditPackages=XC_EditorAdds in UnrealTournament.ini, this new sidebar button appears XC_PathRebuild which is a much better path builder than the vanilla one...
...and among other things it has the much higher default max path range of 1000 :O

And you can configure it by right-clicking like it were a brush builder. You can fuss around and change the path range setting... Nice! :D

Obviously I don't expect you, or anyone for that matter, to load this map in an editor and spend hours pathing it. I've pathed a sniper map before (and without the XC thing), it is indeed a ridiculous amount of effort, and there's always some spots you miss, and at the end of the day bots aren't much more threatening anyway lol.
(Though at least you don't have bots standing still staring around in their spawn areas, doing nothing because they have nowhere to go in paths!)

But I might!... just might!... I'll let you know once I do so that you can look at it before I publish it or not or whatever. :p
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Ubir4 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:12 amLink off?!
Gustavo6046 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:21 amwhatever.
Ok you two ...could you please think before you post something?
This is now the 5th thread which was revived by Ubir4 and Gus in tandem.
I know asking for the link if it's gone is legit but you could have also tried to google this map first and then post "Hey because that link is broken here is a working one."
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

papercoffee wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:12 pm Ok you two ...could you please think before you post something?
This is now the 5th thread which was revived by Ubir4 and Gus in tandem.
I know asking for the link if it's gone is legit but you could have also tried to google this map first and then post "Hey because that link is broken here is a working one."
Ah! I didn't realize Ubir was necroposting.

I apologize for that, paper. I'll pay more attention next time a random thread pops up on the front page.

Either way I wasn't really asking about the link, I was talking about the map itself :p
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:46 pm Either way I wasn't really asking about the link, I was talking about the map itself :p
Yeah the last sentence was meant for Ubir4.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Hm, alright.

I do plan to work on this map once I'm done with CTF-XV-Hydro (either in a good way or in a give-up way)... It could be fun to add the aforementioned pathing, and I might make a variant with vehicles too :D

Weapon of Destruction