CTF-XV-Hydro16 (v5)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: CTF-XV-Hydro16 (v4)

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Weird, they don't appear in the search function when I try, and I did just like you did (even aware that it has to start with the search term, it can't be in the middle).

Maybe they are in v3 but not v4? Seems likely...

And lol, weird, seems there is something very wrong with that map after all. Or maybe it doesn't work on v440?... Hmmm... I mean, it's too old to be v469 exclusive too, and I really don't think SavedMove.bSent is a thing in v469 too, anyway, so... no idea!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It loads in UGold 227i...

Edit: And also it loads after REMOVING file Invasion.u keeping only Invasion.utx... etc plain stupid naming convention which nobody was giving a damn on it.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:47 am There is also DM-BeachHead ...
That's fine for helicos - not that good for tanks as there are a lot of obstacles (on which the tanks take damage or which tanks are difficult to manouever around) and some very steep slopes (which the tanks have difficulty in climbing or which are impossible for tanks to climb). So useable for tanks but not really ideal.
Gustavo6046 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:43 am Weird, they don't appear in the search function when I try, and I did just like you did (even aware that it has to start with the search term, it can't be in the middle).

Maybe they are in v3 but not v4? Seems likely...
No, they are not in v4 - sektor's screenshot with that ammo in is a shot of v3.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, speaking about DM-BeachHead.
I managed to break external dependencies with "Infiltration" files without mangling map and keeping textures intact but... hosted by map itself. Yes, there are obstructions, tunnels where not even a Behemoth is able to move well, I don't get the point with tanks and Bigs here. It must be a joke. Whoever wants to see "purified" map, PM me. I don't have plans for releasing "filtered" maps until they are tested X times. Either way game is too easy with low skilled Bots... perhaps not a very suitable map for everyone... perhaps sniper servers can have something usable.

Back into Hydro16 - original map in subject - since it's used as stock file in some games servers I wrote a patch plugin for NavAdder which will put down highly located PathNodes, reducing combos distances and properties, defragmenting all paths because... 280 ReachSpecs were out of stage never used for 20+ years - it's time to recover them + DefensePoints from Red Base are turned with back at enemy :loool: .
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Re: CTF-XV-Hydro16 (v5)

Post by Gustavo6046 »

OjitroC has inhuman levels of ninja skill to download every level on UT99.org and have a mental library of knowledge on every single one of them lol

I was only half-joking; they're an underrated member of UT99.org :D
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:31 pm OjitroC has inhuman levels of ninja skill to download every level on UT99.org and have a mental library of knowledge on every single one of them lol

I was only half-joking; they're an underrated member of UT99.org :D
I wouldn't qute go so far as to say that though thanks for the compliment - it's just that I've tried tanks and/or helicos in every map I've mentioned in this thread.

My latest suggestion is the Tac Ops map Tadjik - a very large but, it must be said, monotonous mountainous landscape relieved only by a few small 'lakes' and a number of bunker-type buildings scattered around. It's good for helicos though I didn't try tanks. Good perhaps for TDM or CTF possibly with tanks - though maybe not the kind of map people would want to play online.

I think the Oasis map would be a good base - alter the landscape a bit, change the textures to grass and dirt, add a lot of trees and one has a different looking map big enough for a fun game with vehicles.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

We need a new thread just for suggestions for maps to undergo 'X-Vehiclification'.
Also, that word stinks, someone please come up with something better, folks! :loool:

Is there anything I have yet to fix in this map? I want to move on to something else, maybe keep working on my UnrealEd muscles, play around with architecture this time, and after that with terrain.

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:54 amX-Vehiclification'.
Maps to XV edit.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Mm... Instantly better just for being readable and easy to understand lol. My nitpick is that it feels a bit... disjoint?... iunno, probably just me :p

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Oops! I managed to screw up the blue sniper room. Go me.

Weapon of Destruction