My Server randomly stopped appearing in the Master Server

Discussions about Servers
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: My Server randomly stopped appearing in the Master Server

Post by esnesi »

Not sure why that is not set to DO_KickBanPlayer by default on 469.
Only this won't help the server getting online ;)
FlackCannonCanyon
Novice
Personal rank: M-m-m-monster kill

Post by FlackCannonCanyon »

esnesi wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:36 am As far as i can see, your server should be shown in the list.
Have you tried removing the firewall entries, and re-adding them for ucc.exe and unrealtournament.exe ? (Windows sometimes does the strangest things when paths/folders gets changed)
Do you maybe got any other AntiVirus/Firewall active that could be blocking the traffic of UT ?
If so, verify the exclusions/exceptions in there as well.

One good advise: change your admin password as soon your server is online.
Okay I will update a bit later when I do that.. Also the admin stuff was all made up for this so its fine
:face:
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

FlackCannonCanyon wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:46 am Okay I will update a bit later when I do that.. Also the admin stuff was all made up for this so its fine
Let us know when you find the cause.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:51 pm Maybe here is missing a bit of security, [...]
If it's the default settings I don't blame the guy, I had never even heard of these options until right now.

But yeah, it would be nice to set this, maybe with a low interval to prevent false positives.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction