An idea for a Jailbreak mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Brally
Novice

An idea for a Jailbreak mutator

Post by Brally »

My favourite gametype is Jailbreak.

One thing that bothers me is that the bots often just camp in the base and never attack anything.
No matter what I do, the bots never go on the offensive. I think the bots have the idea (can they even have ideas? lol) that their main mission is to protect the release switch above all else. Unfortunately, the bots on both teams do this.

Is there a mutator, or can someone make one, that disables the release switches and forces the bots on the offensive?

It would be interesting if it was possible to disable one release switch and not the other for a one-sided game.
a9902957@nepwk.com
Experienced

Re: An idea for a Jailbreak mutator

Post by a9902957@nepwk.com »

Er, did JB not have kind of an attack/defense slider or display thing.
I am pretty sure that was covered in the stock mod.
I would suggest checking its documentation and bindings.
Yup, here: Search for aggression.
https://jailbreak.beyondunreal.com/old/ ... rting.html
Brally
Novice

Post by Brally »

It doesn't matter what I set it to, they just sit there defending.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

As far as I know you can get the bots pressing the opposites team button by giving them the command through the voice menu.
Atleast that's what works for me on JB-PitOfDespair-III before.
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

You know I don't remember actually having this issue before. My bot matches were always chaotic and way less about the defending.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
Brally
Novice

Post by Brally »

On maps like this one, the bots just walk around, picking up the redeemers. Bots pick up every redeemer they see, even though their ammo never goes any higher than 2.
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 93229.html
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

You can still use the voice/orders menu (by default either V or X, usually V), right? Although I assume you already tried that?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Brally wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:33 am On maps like this one, the bots just walk around, picking up the redeemers. Bots pick up every redeemer they see, even though their ammo never goes any higher than 2.
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 93229.html
That map has no pathing (PathNodes) so the bots will just walk around and pick up the stuff close to the PlayerStarts. It doesn't look like the map was intended to be played with bots.
Brally
Novice

Post by Brally »

Maybe that's the problem then. The maps I have trouble with probably don't have path nodes and I didn't notice.

Edit: As it turns out, most of the maps that I have trouble with either have no path nodes, or there are not very many.
Last edited by Brally on Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Yes! There's also a bot pathing request thread if you have a feeling any of them (or hell, all of them) would be great fun with bots :D
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Brally wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:36 pm Edit: As it turns out, most of the maps that I have trouble with either have no path nodes, or there are not very many.
If they are small/simple maps like MegaArena, you could use Buggie's PathsMaker tool to create paths (search this forum for the tool).
Brally
Novice

Post by Brally »

I'll check both the thread and PathsMaker.

Going back to the original topic of the thread though. Would it be possible to make a mutator which disables one or both release switches?

Do you have a little brother who thinks he's better than you and can win a game without releasing his team? Make him prove it!
Do you want to prevent yourself or your allies from releasing your team to add to the challenge? You could do that too!
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

Oh yeah! That's why I remember ditching JailBreak. too many unpathed maps turned me away from the gamemode.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."