[Idea for mutator] Health/ArmorBar over players.

Discussions about everything else
asosed
Adept

Re: [Idea for mutator] LifeBar over players.

Post by asosed »

Okay, I think this is what you need :)
run: DamageBubble.TBTeamBeacon
Attachments
DamageBubble.zip
(5.8 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
DamageBubble.JPG
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

asosed wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:29 pm Okay, I think this is what you need :)
run: DamageBubble.TBTeamBeacon
...Is there a way to start showing 100%?
http://medor.no-ip.org/Mods/DamageBubble.zip
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Ubir4 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:48 pm If you find this server again give me a ring.
This is the one i ment

*edit, ah you found it!
Attachments
DamageBubble.jpg
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

esnesi wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:09 pm
Ubir4 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:48 pm If you find this server again give me a ring.
This is the one i ment

*edit, ah you found it!
Thank's esnesi.
It's almost what I was looking for, but life there is a percentage of life. As per the damage. I wanted it to at least be visible at all times and show 100%. But it only shows below 100%. Because it's about the damage and percentage remaining. If it showed all the time since 100%...
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: [Idea for mutator] Health/ArmorBar over players.

Post by esnesi »

I think somebody can fix that for you here yeah :)
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

esnesi wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:06 pm I think somebody can fix that for you here yeah :)
I hope so. It seems easy to understand in notepad the .uc files but I don't know how to compile. And the bar has to appear from the beginning. Oh, I don't know where it is.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

For custom maximum health this cannot work, I think. Let's say player's default health is 300 - should this be 100%? What percentage should be shown if the player picks up a 1000 health item?

Also see the code of DamageBubble.u:

Code: Select all

if(PawnOwner.Health >= 90 && PawnOwner.Health < 99)
        HH.Texture = HH.HealthSprite[0]; // HealthSprite[0] contains the 90% bar
    else if(PawnOwner.Health >= 80 && PawnOwner.Health < 90)
        HH.Texture = HH.HealthSprite[1];
    else if(PawnOwner.Health >= 70 && PawnOwner.Health < 80)
        HH.Texture = HH.HealthSprite[2];
  (and so on)
So the precondition here is that 100% player's health is 100.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Barbie wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:14 am For custom maximum health this cannot work, I think. Let's say player's default health is 300 - should this be 100%? What percentage should be shown if the player picks up a 1000 health item?

Also see the code of DamageBubble.u:

Code: Select all

if(PawnOwner.Health >= 90 && PawnOwner.Health < 99)
        HH.Texture = HH.HealthSprite[0]; // HealthSprite[0] contains the 90% bar
    else if(PawnOwner.Health >= 80 && PawnOwner.Health < 90)
        HH.Texture = HH.HealthSprite[1];
    else if(PawnOwner.Health >= 70 && PawnOwner.Health < 80)
        HH.Texture = HH.HealthSprite[2];
  (and so on)
So the precondition here is that 100% player's health is 100.

Got it! I have no idea...

Yours is nice, but it doesn't seem to have any for bots.
Buggie wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:06 pm Yes. it is not work for bots. Because bots in MH useless. But can be added if need.
I'm crossing a finger for him (Buggie) to save me. :satan: ... :lol:
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

While we're at it.. let's do an extend Health/Armour mod which allows players to accumulate more Health/Armour then 199/150

+50/100 armour for every Pad/Armour acquired
+150 armour for every belt taken
+20 for every healthpack.
+100 Health for every Keg
+5 for every vial.

Health bars like Ubir4 expressed above.

Ability to set limits in an .ini file.

We set MaxHealth/MaxArmour variables so that 100% = that Value.

For example we have ;

MaxHealth=999
MaxArmour=999

Therefore 100% = 999

Problem is with DamageBars.. is in UT we have Health && Armour
When a player is Damaged what percentage of Health && Armour is deducted?
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Que wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:20 am While we're at it.. let's do an extend Health/Armour mod which allows players to accumulate more Health/Armour then 199/150

+50/100 armour for every Pad/Armour acquired
+150 armour for every belt taken
+20 for every healthpack.
+100 Health for every Keg
+5 for every vial.

Health bars like Ubir4 expressed above.

Ability to set limits in an .ini file.

We set MaxHealth/MaxArmour variables so that 100% = that Value.

For example we have ;

MaxHealth=999
MaxArmour=999

Therefore 100% = 999

Problem is with DamageBars.. is in UT we have Health && Armour
When a player is Damaged what percentage of Health && Armour is deducted?
Wow what an envy. Beforehand I want to say that this topic is in Misc | Off-Topic on purpose. Because I really know that I don't know how to do what I expose. When the idea has taken shape. Feel free to create a topic in Mutators with the name of the "element". I loved your idea about the type of mutator to be made. As for how much damage is difficult as it varies so much, there doesn't seem to be a pattern. I believe I can only help with opinion. I will love to see the result, it will be beautiful no matter what. (you're welcome ). :D

Edit: :lol: uhasusahsau I want you to know you are free to do whatever you want... usahsauhsauha ...I just want the download. :wink:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

DamageBubble is cool but it's not on 100% of the time, only after players get hurt.
Attachments
Shot0059.png
Shot0052.png
Last edited by EvilGrins on Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

While it has been pointed out that this could be cheaty if you could see your opponent's health and armour, I think for team games (to be able to see your teammates' health and armour) this could be neat, even if it doesn't have that big of a bearing in gameplay. Having to hover over someone in order to see their status kinda sucks.

That reminds me, maybe I should add status icons to above players into the Mush Match HUD/BaseMutator (at least regarding whatever informaton is known about those players).

How would I do that? Just make an actor class that implements PostRender (draws rects for bars at its position, if that is possible?), and use the HUD mutator to spawn them clientside and render them in its own PostRender?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:25 am While it has been pointed out that this could be cheaty if you could see your opponent's health and armour, I think for team games (to be able to see your teammates' health and armour) this could be neat, even if it doesn't have that big of a bearing in gameplay. Having to hover over someone in order to see their status kinda sucks.

That reminds me, maybe I should add status icons to above players into the Mush Match HUD/BaseMutator (at least regarding whatever informaton is known about those players).

How would I do that? Just make an actor class that implements PostRender (draws rects for bars at its position, if that is possible?), and use the HUD mutator to spawn them clientside and render them in its own PostRender?
I think putting options on everyone's view or team's view would be a great idea.
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

I think a "layered" bar would do nicely. Mass Effect style. Shieldbelt, Powershield and the like, completely blocking all damage - blue bar. Armors - orange. And health bars... hm, the mod should check max health (usually 100) and upon having more, another lifebar with a different tint of red would appear over the main one.

So: from top to bottom (layers)

BLUE: Shieldbelts
ORANGE: Armor
RED 3: (if health above 200, for example caused by modded items such as Pack3.MaxHealer which heals you up to 3x your health as opposed to SuperHealth/Big Keg which is 2x)
RED 2: (if health above 100, for example after a SuperHealth / Big Keg or slowly filling up as player picks up vials above 100)
RED 1: (bottom, main, default health)

And maybe move it from over head of the player but only make it appear atop the screen with player / pawn name as the target is in sights only?
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Delacroix wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:30 am I think a "layered" bar would do nicely. Mass Effect style. Shieldbelt, Powershield and the like, completely blocking all damage - blue bar. Armors - orange. And health bars... hm, the mod should check max health (usually 100) and upon having more, another lifebar with a different tint of red would appear over the main one.

So: from top to bottom (layers)

BLUE: Shieldbelts
ORANGE: Armor
RED 3: (if health above 200, for example caused by modded items such as Pack3.MaxHealer which heals you up to 3x your health as opposed to SuperHealth/Big Keg which is 2x)
RED 2: (if health above 100, for example after a SuperHealth / Big Keg or slowly filling up as player picks up vials above 100)
RED 1: (bottom, main, default health)

And maybe move it from over head of the player but only make it appear atop the screen with player / pawn name as the target is in sights only?
:thuup: I love your idea about colored layers on the bars, and the colors you chose. I still think it's cool next to the player like the damage bubble.