XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

How you play in XVehicles?

Multiplayer and local play
30%
Only Multiplayer
35%
Only local play
26%
Not play
9%

Total votes: 23

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: X-Vehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Post by EvilGrins »

FUN FINDS:
It turns out if you have invisibility and you get into any XV, it makes the vehicle invisible.
Now, this was the Unreal1 invisibility which makes players completely invisible unlike the ut99 version which leaves a slight shimmery effect.

As I've periodically commented, dinosaurs of the Jurassic.u don't attack XV's vehicles. Even if you shoot them or ram them, they don't attack.
However, due to an MH XV edit I'm doing, I've discovered that's not entirely true. Vehicles like the GK1 tank & Jeeps can take on a 2nd passenger; rear gunner for the jeeps & the machine gun on the tank... and the dinosaurs can see that extra passenger!

Still bugs they can't see the main driver, makes any maps using the Jurassic.u a little unfair. Would love an explanation why that is, and possibly a workaround to make mapping with that more fair.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I check both invisibility - no any affect to vehs. nor locally, nor on net. Even on your screen it visible.
Maybe you mean this foggy effect. possible it stay even if you spectate other actors. Anyway for me no such effect (possible some options turn off on render).

Dyno - my best guess they want melee attack which not work because around you collide veh, which stop trace to you. About passenger not know. Will check later.

Automatically merged

Check for passengers - ignore same as driver.

Automatically merged

CanFireAtEnemy make trace to enemy and if trace return not enemy and hit location to enemy more from 200 (true for all vehs), then function return false.
So they not shoot you.

Go next. Pawn inside vehs not collide with actors by obvious reason.
SetEnemy for class dino early return false if NewEnemy.bCollideActors == false.

So they simple not think you enemy if you not collide with actors. Which, usually, make some sense. If they not able touch you, they not want chase for ghosts.

Automatically merged

But if you goes to veh when dyno already see you, you set as Enemy. So they will try follow you. Or maybe even attack. Without any harm.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Buggie wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:22 amI check both invisibility - no any affect to vehs. nor locally, nor on net. Even on your screen it visible.
Of course players can see themselves, but nobody else can. That's how the Unreal 1 version works.

To make sure, I drove up to bots and parked and they couldn't see me... and as soon as the time limit expired and I was visible again, they started shooting like crazy!
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Your tank visible. Bots and monsters not use visibility of player model at all. They use hidden parameter "Visibility" which take influence how good they "notice" you.

And this equally good work with old and new Invisibility. But new also hide player shield effect, if there any. Anyway this stuff almost against players. Bots and monsters use "Visibility" only.

Also if you shoot, you set directly as Enemy and bots/monsters try kill you regardless from "Visibility" value.

Also visibility lowered to 10 from 100. not to 0. So it is lowered chance, but not erase it.

As you can see with dyno, Visibility for scripted creatures very weak thing in terms of usual player view.

Automatically merged

Also if you not know, bots and monsters not care about tank/jeep at all. They want kill you inside, were you fly. So it is about player inside, not about vehicle. Which stay visible.

Real player opposite - not see you inside, but see big vehicle and blow up it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

MonsterHunt code concerning Bot vs Monster doesn't include anything for visibility, it will trigger monsters without discrimination or any condition.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:07 amMonsterHunt code concerning Bot vs Monster doesn't include anything for visibility, it will trigger monsters without discrimination or any condition.
Okay, but the map I was going on about the invisibility on was a Deathmatch one.

Back to MH, moving right along... this is interesting.

As I'm testing a large MonsterHunt map with lots of dinosaurs, I decided to use the Movement Locator...
...but as you can see, I'm parked right next to dinos and nothing is showing on (upper left) the radar.

I hop out of the jeep...
...dinos immediately try to attack me and NOW they're on the radar.

Thoughts?
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

It is engine stuff, so any scripted pawn use it on general terms. OFC if used direct loop for set enemy of creature it is bypass any such checks, because Enemy attacked regardless of visibility.

LineOfSightTo use internally Visibility. Which used by LineOfSightTo, CanSee, PickTarget, PickAnyTarget.

Automatically merged

Normal radar show monsters all time, so possible you need buy new good one. Or change batteries in old.

I write above why dyno not attack you while you in jeep. SetEnemy fail == they ignore you.

When you exit you set as enemy ad show started. if you return back to jeep, you still be enemy, but dyno can try avoid you if use some checks for possibility make melee attack.

Ranged attack will be blocked by jeep collision when try trace line to you.

Anyway even if dyno try attack you, they not able do so, because melee attack hurt only Pawn and vehicle is not pawn. So they can not hurt it at all. Dyno simple not know what is that (as almost any other stuff like deco or pathnodes) so simple ignore it.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Buggie wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:36 amAnyway even if dyno try attack you, they not able do so, because melee attack hurt only Pawn and vehicle is not pawn.
Maybe yes, maybe no.

Getting the dinos to fight the vehicles is a chore, but when they do start doing it they can definitely hurt the vehicles.
Attachments
Shot0135.png
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

On my tests some dynos not able do so. If some able, possible can be written mutator which run once per second, search visible collide dyno actors from each player and set it as Enemy if it Empty. This allow solve issue for melee attack.

Unfortunately for range attack i not have so easy solution. Possible answer write mutator which replace all dynos to subclassed fixed versions.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Is there a way to get the PRIs or IDs or names of players inside a vehicle with UScript without static binding?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Code: Select all

var Pawn P;
local Actor A;
if (A.isA('Vehicle')) {
    SetPropertyText("P", A.GetPropertyText("Driver"));
    Log("Driver:" @ P);
    SetPropertyText("P", A.GetPropertyText("Passengers"));
    Log("Passenger[0]:" @ P);
}
From P you can call GetHumanName() or try work with PRI.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, the smaller XV fit through the small doors!
Attachments
Shot0044.png
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

To fix the conflict with Jurassic.u, it would be necessary to make it possible for the vehicle to be deemed as a target as much as any other Pawn, almost as if the vehicle were the physical incorporation of the player within in that moment.

An invisible, dummy XVehiclePawn could be used, which can bCollideActors but not bBlockActors, and whose TakeDamage simply defers to that of the underlying XVehicle. This could fix the attack checks, but probably isn't enough to fix the SetEnemy situation, since such XVehiclePawn would most likely not be a subclass of PlayerPawn or Bot, which may - and will - confuse code in places like SetEnemy.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

And this lead to attack empty vehicles, which is weird. not sure if this proper solution. If you need fix exactly this dyno - better write mutator which make replacement it to fixed version.
Last edited by Buggie on Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:22 pmTo fix the conflict with Jurassic.u, it would be necessary to make it possible for the vehicle to be deemed as a target as much as any other Pawn
That shouldn't be necessary, the issue isn't with XV so much as it's in the Jurassic.u, given that all other scripted pawns attack players in XV.

Hell, even the Cyberus attacks XV!

So the issue is clearly in the Jurassic.u somewhere.

Until that gets resolved, if it ever does, I'm editing all MonsterHunt maps only with the GK tanks and Jeeps.

Well, with the helicopter too. Learned recently that dinos with projectiles do attack it as well, even though it doesn't have the ability to have 2 passengers.