[Solved] Correction of a EXU2 Map

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Ubir4
Adept

[Solved] Correction of a EXU2 Map

Post by Ubir4 »

EXU2-BI06-Gauntlet.unr

Hello I would like to ask a good mapper to help me. because I try to fix it, I fix the ones that are shown in the video and 3 more errors are created...

Oldskool campaign:
Download Link:
https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2639
Last edited by Ubir4 on Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: [Request] Correction of a EXU2 Map

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Original mapper still somewhat active in UnrealSP, best to ask him via PM or in UnrealSP's Discord.
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

Ah yes Gauntlet, that map is full of bugs, I remember the first time I played EXU2 I had to cheat because I always got stuck, now I know the reason is because there's an issue with the counter in the first fight, something to do with the kralls when they get their legs cut. Also the map has geometry errors as shown in the video and you can even skip portions of the map with the translocator. Yeah, this map is buggy :D
Somewhere in Nevada...
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Aspide, In this same map, how do I disable the force field?
I killed them all but even so the force field still remains...
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

The force field gets disabled when you kill all enemies in the area, however like I mentioned in the comment I made before, the counter that checks if all enemies are killed has an issue with the kralls, sometimes the counter doesn't considerate them which means your stuck because the counter never reaches the number it needs to trigger the force fields. What I did to fix that was opening the map in the editor and reducing the number of the counter that controls the force field, the final map of EXU2's campaign has the same problem by the way :(
Somewhere in Nevada...
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Aspide wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:16 am The force field gets disabled when you kill all enemies in the area, however like I mentioned in the comment I made before, the counter that checks if all enemies are killed has an issue with the kralls, sometimes the counter doesn't considerate them which means your stuck because the counter never reaches the number it needs to trigger the force fields. What I did to fix that was opening the map in the editor and reducing the number of the counter that controls the force field, the final map of EXU2's campaign has the same problem by the way :(
Ok. Thank's.

Edit:
Can you show me what a "counter menu" is? An example. And how to get to the force field?
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

Ok, first open the map in the editor, then go to "Search for actors" (the binoculars symbol), then go to filter and type in name: Counter4, press it and now you can modify that counter, right click that counter and go to properties, go to counter and find the property numtocount and reduce that number (I personally reduced the number to 1 lol) and finally save the map. This will fix the problem with the kralls soft blocking the map.

You have to do the same thing in the final map: EXU2-BI16-Telefire ( Counter0 )

Also if you are going to modify a map, don't load a save file of that map that was saved before you changed the map. I figure that out the hard way......
Somewhere in Nevada...
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Aspide wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:29 pm Ok, first open the map in the editor, then go to "Search for actors" (the binoculars symbol), then go to filter and type in name: Counter4, press it and now you can modify that counter, right click that counter and go to properties, go to counter and find the property numtocount and reduce that number (I personally reduced the number to 1 lol) and finally save the map. This will fix the problem with the kralls soft blocking the map.

You have to do the same thing in the final map: EXU2-BI16-Telefire ( Counter0 )

Also if you are going to modify a map, don't load a save file of that map that was saved before you changed the map. I figure that out the hard way......
Man, you know how to explain things to people who don't know. As you explained, I managed to do it right. Thank you very much. I found everything (thankful for the binoculars, I wouldn't know). Then I'll tell you if that force field opened.

Edit:
It worked after a few kralls the force field deactivated. :rock:

:tu: