MH-XV-Canyons

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

MH-XV-Canyons

Post by Buggie »

Conversion for MonsterHunt this map:
AF-AD-Canyons
Shot00001.jpg
Shot00002.jpg
Shot00003.jpg
Shot00004.jpg
Shot00005.jpg
Shot00006.jpg
This map need XVehicles at least v18 for load:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
MH-XV-CanyonsV1.7z
(875.97 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Last edited by Buggie on Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: MH-XV-Canyons

Post by OjitroC »

Played only part of this so far - looks really fun - a good map for using XVehicles :gj:

There's no FIxGun but there is a FixGun mutator (I see from looking in the Editor) - does that mean we have to summon the Gun if we want it?

There is the odd invisible wall high up - confirmed by spending some time trying to kill a stationary Gasbag and by gibs in odd places in the sky - not sure how important this is though in the overall context of the map.

Got this in the log

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:0174) Accessed None 'InvK'
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:017C) Attempt to assign variable through None
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:0188) Accessed None 'InvK'
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:0199) Accessed None 'InvK'
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:01A9) Accessed None 'InvK'
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:01BE) Accessed None 'InvK'
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:01C6) Attempt to assign variable through None
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:01D1) Accessed None 'InvK'
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:01E5) Accessed None 'InvK'
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:01FD) Accessed None 'InvK'
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:025F) Accessed None 'InvK'
ScriptWarning: WeaponLocker MH-XV-CanyonsV0.WeaponLocker0 (Function XWeaponLocker.WeaponLocker.SpawnCopy:0267) Attempt to assign variable through None
Those lines repeated once (just me playing the map - perhaps that's the reason for the warning?).

Just so people are aware - there is more than one copy of Airfight-snow.utx around - the one I already had is smaller than the one packaged with the map - but it may be as well to archive an existing copy rather than overwrite it.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

You get Fixgun when enter to vehicle. Also there refill ammo on it.

There many invisible coliision hulls above flat hills. It is by design for prevent monsters hide there.

Look like your mutator steal weapon during spawn.

Map comes from AirFightUT. possible exists few versions of textures.

Automatically merged

Also I fix this repeatable texture before release, but after take sshots. So map look not so awful repeatable as on screens :lol:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:31 pm Look like your mutator steal weapon during spawn.
Ah, I see - that would be StuffSwapper that presumably tries but fails to swap the weapons in the Locker.
Buggie wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:31 pm Also I fix this repeatable texture before release, but after take sshots. So map look not so awful repeatable as on screens :lol:
Yeah, the map looks pretty good :tu:

Great fun this map - took me 3 hours to complete - only slight downside was that I couldn't End it - right at the end by the MonsterHuntEnd, the 'counter message' said two more to go but I had no idea what (there were 42 monsters left in total - probably mantas, flies and pupae that I didn't bother to chase after) - there were two titan carcasses left long after they should have gone - perhaps this was the "two left"? Of course, they could have been gasbags that had flown high and which I had missed.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

v1

- fix dumb mistake - all vehicles appear only once.

Update at first post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15139