MH-XV-LostInTime

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

MH-XV-LostInTime

Post by Buggie »

Rework for MonsterHunt with X-Vehicles this map:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 5e62b.html
Shot00000.jpg
Shot00001.jpg
Shot00002.jpg
Shot00003.jpg
Shot00004.jpg
Shot00005.jpg
Shot00007.jpg
Shot00008.jpg
Shot00009.jpg
This map need XVehicles at least v18 for load:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
MH-XV-LostInTimeV1.7z
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
Last edited by Buggie on Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: MH-XV-LostInTime

Post by EvilGrins »

Suppose this makes sense, given I don't release all my content to forums.

I put out a CTF on the 7th to forums and a variant of the above on Facebook also on the 7th · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/179130.html · linked from there.

It's cool, though. Mine was a variant with some monster swaps. Due to the dinosaurs I only used the vehicles the dinos actually react to.

In my edit I don't put vehicles in until players arrive in the past, seemed too clunky & cramped to have them in the base before the portal. Haven't tried yours yet, did you stretch the base to accommodate them?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:58 pm Rework for MonsterHunt with X-Vehicles this map:
No fix gun for the Jeeps in the first section?

One issue that this version and EG's version share is that 2 of the 3 ShieldBelts are inaccessible to bots (no paths in one case, and no incoming connections in the other).
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:46 pmOne issue that this version and EG's version share is that 2 of the 3 ShieldBelts are inaccessible to bots
The one time I give an advantage to human players over bots...
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:46 pm No fix gun for the Jeeps in the first section?

One issue that this version and EG's version share is that 2 of the 3 ShieldBelts are inaccessible to bots (no paths in one case, and no incoming connections in the other).
Forget add FixGunMutator on map. You can run map with it. I will add it on next map version.

I not interested in bot paths in MH, so never consider this. My point bots in MH is useless for autonomous play. For support human they not need any paths. Only CoopTranslocator in mutators.

Automatically merged

OjitroC wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:46 pm One issue that this version and EG's version share is that 2 of the 3 ShieldBelts are inaccessible to bots (no paths in one case, and no incoming connections in the other).
You really believe bots able handle this BT track?
scr_1649628077.png
scr_1649628091.png
Maybe it can be done with jump spot if there boots on map and height of jump enough, but regular way editor not able connect at all.

Automatically merged

v1

- add FixGunMutator on map.
- fix paths near second shield.

Update at first post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15154
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:06 pm I not interested in bot paths in MH, so never consider this. My point bots in MH is useless for autonomous play.
I'm not a fan of bots in MH either - they tend to get in the way - I approach MH as though it were Single Player (only playing maps I can do myself with CS weapons and a health/ammo regen) as that's more fun - just a personal view of course.
Buggie wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:06 pm You really believe bots able handle this BT track?
Looking at that, no.

Nice conversion by the way - good to have two contrasting versions of the same map as they each offer something different :gj:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Buggie wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:06 pmYou really believe bots able handle this BT track?
Not really necessary, they can just walk in the door on the other side, once the switch for it has been triggered.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

scr_1649644069.png
There no any door. Solid wall.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Buggie wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:06 pm You really believe bots able handle this BT track?
YES and NO.
Yes -> Because we do have some stuff for those things - manual Reachspecs with CHeight 50, CRadius 32, ReachFlags 9, bPruned 0 and automated distance calculation + tricks for Editor fooling it to create paths.
No -> Because in that large area (in such maps more exactly) DevPath has a very seldom response up to NONE - only XC v24+ can guide somehow those Lost Souls...

For a memory refresh, Monster Gaming Server is exclusively based on BOTs in MonsterHunt and in ALL game-types running there as a demonstration for blowing up myths spread from years 2006+ about "Bot doesn't work in MonsterHunt". It works, and this is visible PUBLIC. All fine tuning which I could do was aiming in very big parts A. I. activity - I like drones by the way...

Redundant posting ON:
- Fake temporary water zones will always link Nodes - Editor build paths;
- Combos LE PP LE - adjusting cost to ZERO - Editor build paths;
- False Teleporters with a self-guard against "fixing" them - Editor build paths - "short" paths;
- YOUR OWN false Warps - Editor build paths - "short" paths;
- manual or semi-automated paths generated with XC assets - user takes control with a minimal data charge - not 4 ReachSpecs but only 2.
Redundant posting OFF.

I'm not going to hijack map's thread for posting another sample map having such a scenario...
Pathed and polished 2018.
Pathed and polished 2018.
And Re-tested 2022 - using your intelligence...
Loving a bit Test-Code.
Loving a bit Test-Code.

Automatically merged

Back to map, addressing to people interested why if still using XC_Engine, objectives from Dinos area are not completed - let's see original map's stage by example for MonsterWayPoint6.
Wp6_Orig.PNG
And this one, boosted by XC assets will return some better activity...
Wp6_rev.PNG
When you will understand what's going on and why in the second image route is taken correctly, that's probably your big plus in knowing these. I won't explain what's the deal because I'll go off-topic. All I have to say is that settings from original map are WRONG. Even if DevPath would react normally, Bot won't roam around these objectives.