PlayerStart is not invisible

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

PlayerStart is not invisible

Post by EvilGrins »

I have what may be a silly question. See, I'm finishing up an XV edit and I'm going all over the map to make sure everything that needs to be done is done... and I noticed a PlayerStart in the starting cabin is visible.

Gone through all the settings, it doesn't appear to be any different than the ones that are invisible, but it clearly is doing something different.

Map is all done, FINALLY managed to get all that BPak stuff off of it, but this one thing remains.

Thoughts?
Attachments
Shot0072.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: PlayerStart is not invisible

Post by OjitroC »

Delete it.

If bHidden under Advanced is set to True then it should be invisible in game - beyond that I have no idea.
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

Yeah. I'd delete it anyway. It's in the air. Remember that PlayerStarts are Navigation points. Anything under that tree will be considered a PathNode.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:16 pm Gone through all the settings, it doesn't appear to be any different
Select it in UnrealEd and choose Edit>Copy (only the none default settings are copied). Then take a text editor (or WordPad or whatever text processor is close), paste it there and see what is different to default settings.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:51 pmDelete it.

If bHidden under Advanced is set to True then it should be invisible in game - beyond that I have no idea.
bHidden is set to true, and I'm nervous about deleting. Last time I deleted a PlayerStart on a different map, it ruined the sequence and I had to reset them all manually.
Barbie wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:13 pmSelect it in UnrealEd and choose Edit>Copy (only the none default settings are copied). Then take a text editor (or WordPad or whatever text processor is close), paste it there and see what is different to default settings.
Checked them all, and other than numbered order... they all look like this:
Begin Map
Begin Actor Class=PlayerStart Name=PlayerStart4
nextNavigationPoint=PlayerStart'MyLevel.PlayerStart5'
Level=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0'
Tag=PlayerStart
Region=(Zone=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=1059,ZoneNumber=1)
Location=(X=16624.000000,Y=-800.000000,Z=-7656.000000)
Rotation=(Yaw=11984)
bSelected=True
Name=PlayerStart4
End Actor
End Map

That's the specific one that's visible, though.
SilverSound wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:02 pm Yeah. I'd delete it anyway. It's in the air. Remember that PlayerStarts are Navigation points. Anything under that tree will be considered a PathNode.
Not sure about which "tree" you mean, but all of them in that room are in the air.
Attachments
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzClip0001.png
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Then there is another PlayerStart in same place. Which bHidden = false and bHiddenEd = true. Show all actors. And check for duplicates.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:18 am Not sure about which "tree" you mean, but all of them in that room are in the air.
What the hell is this?
You must construct additional pylons.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

He try tell next:
PlayerStart is NavigationNode and as any other NavigationNode can be use for navigation network.
by tree he mean tree of classes:
scr_1649856067.png
scr_1649856067.png (9.99 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Strictly speaking not all NavigationNode is same For example LiftCenter. It is not same as PathNode.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

PlayerStarts from air ARE NOT a problem at all if they are not having "Pass-Through" Paths. Allow tired campers to spawn without messing up spawning locations or to be telefragged by Bots during a small camp time - it's a really logic and simple tweak and IT IS NOT damaging anything :loool: .

In Editor bHidden means STILL VISIBLE. For hiding something in Editor you need to check bHiddenEd. In game if such a PlayerStart is annoying, you will need to delete it but... watch out for screwing up Navigation Chain. In other hand, moving it into ground might mess up Player who is sent to spawn there. I can investigate scenario and perhaps unlinking it properly from Navigation chain and then deleting it correctly.

Edit:
Okay, it's about PlayerStart1 which is bHiddenEd but is NOT bHidden - Just set it bHidden = True - Done.

Method 2: Use command: SET PLAYERSTART BHIDDEN 1.

Sherlock Detection:
That PlayerStart was selected when Ammo was selected so it was added in a group invisible in Editor - first, it needs to be shown for being selected with mouse in order have modifications doable. What you have selected with mouse WAS NOT the same Playerstart, that PlayerStart in cause is not hidden in game but hidden from mouse touch.

And UnderNote: NEVER Delete any Navigation Point from maps with manual tweaks over paths - Editor will mess up custom works when it rebuilds these, unless you know what is about and you can reconstruct them.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Hellkeeper wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:51 pmWhat the hell is this?
Working an old edit.