False positive on Windows 11 ARM VM?

BlazerStoner
Novice
Personal rank: high

False positive on Windows 11 ARM VM?

Post by BlazerStoner »

Hi there,

I've tried to search these boards but unfortunately got hundreds of results (mostly not relevant to my issue I'm afraid). After wading through multiple topics that didn't seem to mention the issue I was encountering, I figured i'd open a new topic as the message in my UT System Console suggested. Sorry if it *has* been asked before, I really couldn't find it with the search function. So here goes:

Environment:
- Macbook Pro 2020 (M1)
- Windows 11 Pro (ARM/AARCH64) virtual machine running inside Parallels Desktop with Parallels Tools deployed
- UT '99 is coming from Steam. (I have another copy somewhere in the depths of my backups but have been to lazy to dig it up, although I really should at least find the .ini sometime to a.) get my settings and mappings back, b.) have my nextgen key reloaded to get some old server stats back :D)

I connected to a server running ACE to play StrangeLove and I keep getting kicked approximately every 60 to 90 seconds with the message: "You have been kicked from the server because ACE found an illegal hook". It says the offending file is "user32.dll" (C:/Windows/System32/USER32.dll), without any further details as to what the problem may be.

I have not modified that file myself and the Windows 11 installation was made about 2 weeks ago, so its quite fresh. Other than Red Alert (CnCnet) I haven't installed any other games on the machine.
Not running any cheating software. Just downloaded UT '99 from Steam, hit play and off I went. Or so I had hoped, heh.

If you need any information, analytics, logfiles (if so: where to find them?) or whatever; please let me know and I'll gladly supply. The Windows VM is the only way, to my knowledge, to play UT '99 on MacBook's so it'd suck if for whatever reason that would keep triggering anti-cheat. But if it does and can't be fixed then c'est la vie eh. :)

Either way, thanks in advance and please do let me know if you need any information. :) Hope to join ya'll on the servers soon without getting booted :D
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Re: False positive on Windows 11 ARM VM?

Post by Que »

you could try patching it with the mac-patch from here: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... /tag/v469b

and run natively on your os.

copy the game from Steam/ to another folder on your desktop.

apply the 436 no delta patch to it to remove steam DRM.

copy to Mac desktop.

Apply 469 Patch for Mac to it.

give that a whirl.

also join the ut99.org discord : https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
BlazerStoner
Novice

Post by BlazerStoner »

Thank you, I will give that a shot - busy week ahead but plenty of gaming time after. Will report back with the results! :)
BlazerStoner
Novice

Post by BlazerStoner »

Que wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:12 am you could try patching it with the mac-patch from here: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... /tag/v469b

and run natively on your os.

copy the game from Steam/ to another folder on your desktop.

apply the 436 no delta patch to it to remove steam DRM.

copy to Mac desktop.

Apply 469 Patch for Mac to it.

give that a whirl.

also join the ut99.org discord : https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
So its only taken me a few months, but I've just tested this and can confirm that I can now run UT'99 natively on my Mac instead of requiring Win11 ARM and the patched version shows no issues with NextGen. Thank you very much. :) Much better anyway, thought it wouldn't run anymore due to the lack of 32bit libraries, amazing the community fixed everything on that end as well - really nice. On to the next endeavour, figuring out how to set Default Warhead Status for SLV.