XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

How you play in XVehicles?

Multiplayer and local play
30%
Only Multiplayer
35%
Only local play
26%
Not play
9%

Total votes: 23

Barbie
Godlike

Re: X-Vehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Post by Barbie »

Buggie wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:24 pm

Code: Select all

SetPropertyText("P", A.GetPropertyText("Passengers"));
    Log("Passenger[0]:" @ P);
Sadly Get-/SetPropertyText cannot handle arrays. Are there vehicles that allow more than one passenger?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Re: XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Post by Buggie »

It can be up to 8 passengers, but there no such vehicles.
And I not see any reason for appear it in future.
In ut2004 there almost not exists such vehicles. Only Leviathan (5) which not really used.
Hellbender allow 3 seats also.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Weapon lockers don't work very well with weapon mods like Nali Weapons 3.

Here are some issues that happen with NW3, and probably other weapon mods:
  • The weapon lockers don't restock the default weapon ammo count. If you try, it'll just keep the same ammo count you already had. It'll only do that for weapons you don't have yet.
  • Infinite ammo can be acquired by dropping a weapon, then restocking on a locker; no need to pick the weapon back up. This probably has to do with it giving the same weapon again, which is replaced by the weapon mod, and then adds Weapon's AmmoCount again.
  • Worst of all, repetitive Bot behaviour – they walk back and forth to the weapon locker, probably expecting the default weapon classes, but since they get the modded weapons instead, they keep trying again, thinking they didn't get the default weapons that the locker "promised".
This is probably not high priority, since mod intercompatibility is usually hard to do anyway. But I'll post it here so at least it's recorded.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Some notes about VCTF maps:

1. If area near flag is too open, attacker vehicle be blown up before actually reach flag.

2. If area near flag it too close, attackers not able get out on vehicle before be blown up.

3. If player need travel long for reach flag it is boring and make useless play if no free vehicle near.

4. Must be at least 3 ways for reach flag base.

5. Ways to bases must be wide enough.

6. Using very long straight corridors make vehicle good target for chasing team.

Good example of maps:

Automatically merged

XVehicles now on ModDB: https://www.moddb.com/mods/xvehicles

Automatically merged

v30

- Fire after enter to vehicle if hold fire.
- Prevent cyclic switch weapons (mostly for NewNet).
- Prevent enter to vehicle behind thin wall.
- Initial view pitch set to zero.
- Save camera direction when change seat.

Update at first post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Bump!

Leaving here the heads-up that the Unreal Archive now has an exclusive category for XVehicles maps. It can detect AS-XV-, CTF-XV-, DM-XV- DOM-XV- and MH-XV- maps. With all the maps that are springing up as of late, it would be a good idea to store them here.

https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... index.html
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:17 pm
Leaving here the heads-up that the Unreal Archive now has an exclusive category for XVehicles maps. It can detect AS-XV-, CTF-XV-, DM-XV- DOM-XV- and MH-XV- maps. With all the maps that are springing up as of late, it would be a good idea to store them here.
Yeah, that's good - only one there though so the rest need to be uploaded :P

A pedantic note - CTFM-XV and MH-XVehicles also need to be detected.

It would be of value if the XVehicles mod itself were on UA.

A wider point is that very little that is posted on this forum (maps, mods, mutators, etc) seems to end up on UA - even the latest versions of MH aren't there.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

But... but... but... I've mentioned that MH-XV is detected!
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I was thinking more of the prefix of MH-XVehicles- as opposed to MHXV- but I suppose detection is based more on packages (or the presence of various XVehicles in a map) than on map prefix?
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

It's based on map prefix, but the list I've uploaded has lots of MH-XV-

And, honestly, it's better that way. Too many characters in a map name is never a good idea.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:17 pm Leaving here the heads-up that the Unreal Archive now has an exclusive category for XVehicles maps. It can detect AS-XV-, CTF-XV-, DM-XV- DOM-XV- and MH-XV- maps. With all the maps that are springing up as of late, it would be a good idea to store them here.
Unreal Archive targeted only to final versions (stated in rules). My conversion never be final. I can popup with new version in anytime. So it never be object of Unreal Archive.
https://unrealarchive.org/submit/index.html:
Tip: Only submit completed work, rather than work-in-progress builds.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:55 pm It's based on map prefix, but the list I've uploaded has lots of MH-XV-

And, honestly, it's better that way. Too many characters in a map name is never a good idea.
EvilGrins has 3 maps with the 'MH-XVehicles-' prefix - they'll work with the original XVehicles or with Buggie's updates (though they won't have the XVehiclesMH mutator that Buggie's MH XVehicles maps do they'll still be playable of course).
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:02 pmEvilGrins has 3 maps with the 'MH-XVehicles-' prefix
That's mainly as there was no prefix at the time, this was before Buggie started upgrading it, and it didn't occur to me back then to simply opt for XV.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:23 pm
OjitroC wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:02 pmEvilGrins has 3 maps with the 'MH-XVehicles-' prefix
That's mainly as there was no prefix at the time, this was before Buggie started upgrading it, and it didn't occur to me back then to simply opt for XV.
Yeah, I realise that. I was merely drawing attention to the need to check for that map prefix as well so that they are included in UA's XVehicles map category.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Can we expect CTF4 support any time soon?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:12 pm Can we expect CTF4 support any time soon?
What type of support?
XV already can be mapped to CTF4, it's just a matter of finding the right maps.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758