Steele Dawn

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Re: Steele Dawn

Post by Delacroix »

Another couple shots.

Our osX BC desktop:

Level 3: River Ruins with the final skybox:

Level 5: Mountain Stronghold with the final skybox:

Level 7: Planet Head

Level 8: Jolly Roger... talk about dependable allies, am I right?

A bunch of inhabitants of the Ruins out in the open. You'll find out what they're doing, on release.

This will most likely be the final batch of promotional screenshots prior to wrapping this up.
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

Beta testing has begun. A coop session will be held in the next couple days.
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

Looking great! How about a video of that coop session? (Of course, if possible).
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

Steele Dawn is now released!
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

JimmyCognitti wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:45 am This looks quite interesting, best of luck with this project.
This is OT but are the two guys experiencing an Orgasm in your sig? :wtf:

Regarding Steele Dawn , looks/sounds interesting.. will check it out cheers.
:gj:
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

https://pixeldrain.com/u/LDLZ9woE

SteeleDawnGUI hotfix for UT.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Looking forward to playing this :gj: Just had a quick look at some of the weapons and the creatures - all impressive, some surprises there! Also just started reading through the Manual (a must-read) - again well done and nicely tied into the Ureal 'universe'.

-----------------------------------Edit ------------------------------------------------------
Played the Intro and Vegra - had this in the log - no idea whether it is important or not.
Spoiler
Intro

Warning: Property bDistanceFog of Class Engine.SkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Skipping 0 bytes of type 3
Warning: Property EnvironmentUScale of Class SD0_Intro_V1.MusicZoneInfo not found
Warning: Skipping 4 bytes of type 4
Warning: Property EnvironmentVScale of Class SD0_Intro_V1.MusicZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property bDistanceFog of Class SD0_Intro_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property FogDistanceStart of Class SD0_Intro_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property bZoneBasedFog of Class SD0_Intro_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property EnvironmentColor of Class SD0_Intro_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Skipping 12 bytes of type 10
Warning: Property EnvironmentColor of Class SD0_Intro_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property ActorGUnlitColor of Class UnrealShare.Panel not found
Warning: Skipping 4 bytes of type 10
Warning: Property ActorRenderColor of Class Engine.ScaledSprite not found
Warning: Property Title of Class Engine.SpecialEvent not found
Warning: Skipping 19 bytes of type 13
Warning: Property Author of Class Engine.SpecialEvent not found
Warning: Skipping 33 bytes of type 13

Vegra
ScriptWarning: spoldskool SD1_Vegra_V1.spoldskool0 (Function OldSkool.spoldskool.CheckReplacement:146B) Accessed None 'Other'
ScriptWarning: spoldskool SD1_Vegra_V1.spoldskool0 (Function OldSkool.spoldskool.CheckReplacement:1473) Attempt to assign variable through None
ScriptLog: Warning: SD1_Vegra_V1.Mover1 is BumpOpenTimed. Bots don't understand this well - use StandOpenTimed instead!
Warning: Property bDistanceFog of Class Engine.SkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property EFXAmbients of Class Engine.ZoneInfo not found
Warning: Skipping 1 bytes of type 1
Warning: Property DrawScale3D of Class UnrealShare.Panel not found
Warning: Property bDistanceFog of Class SD1_Vegra_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property FogDistanceStart of Class SD1_Vegra_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property bZoneBasedFog of Class SD1_Vegra_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property EnvironmentColor of Class SD1_Vegra_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property EnvironmentColor of Class SD1_Vegra_V1.CustomSkyZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property EnvironmentUScale of Class SD1_Vegra_V1.MusicZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property EnvironmentVScale of Class SD1_Vegra_V1.MusicZoneInfo not found
Warning: Property bUseGoodCollision of Class Engine.Mover not found
Warning: Property bDarkLight of Class Engine.Light not found
Warning: Property ForcedPaths of Class Engine.PathNode not found
Warning: Skipping 2 bytes of type 6
Warning: Property bUseGoodCollision of Class UnrealShare.AttachMover not found
Warning: Property bFractical of Class Fire.IceTexture not found
Warning: Property Title of Class Engine.SpecialEvent not found
Warning: Skipping 19 bytes of type 13
Warning: Property Author of Class Engine.SpecialEvent not found
Warning: Skipping 42 bytes of type 13

Quite a few of the following - possibly when something is killed by the neutronball?
ScriptWarning: SDSinglePlayer2 SD1_Vegra_V1.SDSinglePlayer0 (Function oldskool.SinglePlayer2.Killed:022B) Accessed None 'scoreholder'
ScriptWarning: SDSinglePlayer2 SD1_Vegra_V1.SDSinglePlayer0 (Function oldskool.SinglePlayer2.Killed:022B) Accessed None 'scoreholder'
ScriptWarning: SDSinglePlayer2 SD1_Vegra_V1.SDSinglePlayer0 (Function oldskool.SinglePlayer2.Killed:008E) Accessed None 'Killer'
ScriptWarning: NeutronBallInfo SD1_Vegra_V1.NeutronBallInfo1 (Function SteeleDawnPak.NeutronBallInfo.Working.Tick:00B4) Accessed None 'RadiusVictims'
ScriptWarning: NeutronBallInfo SD1_Vegra_V1.NeutronBallInfo1 (Function SteeleDawnPak.NeutronBallInfo.Working.Tick:00BC) Attempt to assign variable through None
In Vegra, I flipped the two switches which I assume would disable the forcefield for the lift but nothing happened so had to ghost through.

Playing in 469b with OldSkool.
mister_prophet
Average

Post by mister_prophet »

The forcefield in that security room in the Vegra section is on a timer. You have to hit the buttons and make it back to the door before the field closes. At least that is how it worked in the beta. It's pretty quick, so use those BT skills to get by the hazards.
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

mister_prophet wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:03 amAt least that is how it worked in the beta.
It still works that way but the time limit is more generous than in Beta 1 which you've played.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Is Steele Dawn intended to be played using a specific player model? I ask because, at the start, I found it impossible to get out of the ventilation duct in the 'hotel' bathroom - try as I might, I could not get through the opening. I'm using the Konoko model (for UT). There appears to be no difference in the collision cylinder for UT or Unreal players but there is a difference in the BaseEyeHeight - no idea if this has an impact or not.

The F3 Grenade Launcher will only fire tarydium biosludge grenades if one picks up that type of ammo (or if one picks up Bio Rifle ammo)? I tried the GL in DM-SD-Town-Winter][ which worked fine apart from not firing biosludge grenades.

Is the CollisionHeight of the Skaarj Praetorian correct at 68? They use the same mesh as the Berserker and have the same DrawScale of 1.2 but the SB's CollisionHeight is 56 (as is that of Steele Dawn's Skaarj Boss which also has a 1.2 DrawScale) - perhaps I'm missing something here (it's just that it seems very difficult to get a headshot on a Praetorian).
mister_prophet
Average

Post by mister_prophet »

Steel Dawn has a unique player model for the protagonist, Brandon. However, I do not believe he has custom collision boxes. Can you post a screenshot of the duct in question?

As for the Praetorian thing, they seemed sized appropriately in 227. They just happen to have a lot of HP.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

mister_prophet wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:23 pm Steel Dawn has a unique player model for the protagonist, Brandon. However, I do not believe he has custom collision boxes. Can you post a screenshot of the duct in question?
So I should 'automatically' be using that player model? If it is supposed to happen, then it isn't in 469b with Oldskool - my normal UT player model is being used. Am I supposed to set up my 'player' to use that unique Brandon model?

This is the vent in question - actually the 'issue' applies to both ends of the duct. It's the duct/vent in the bathroom off the starting 'bedroom'.
SDVent.jpg
mister_prophet wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:23 pm As for the Praetorian thing, they seemed sized appropriately in 227. They just happen to have a lot of HP.
I wondered because I put a lot of razors into the head of one and normally one gets a fatal headshot pretty quickly on most creatures doing that kind of thing. Looking in the Editor the collision cylinder (with the RadiusVIew on) does seem a bit taller (that is it extends more beyond the head) than for the same sized Berserker - certainly the 68 collision height of the Praetorian compared to the 56 of the Berserker with the same DrawScale and Mesh seems excessive. The original in MHMonsters or UTMHPack (not sure which came first though they are the same, just with different names) has that 68 dimension though.

So, how does one avoid engaging with the Praetorians in the Old Town? It's obviously not viable trying to engage them in combat (given their speed and 2K+ health plus, of course, their huge SightRadius of 8K).

---------------------EDIT---------------------------------------
Another question - What are the differences between 'what happens' in a map at the various difficulty levels? Looking at Old Town in the Editor, I checked DefaultProperties->Filter->bDifficulty0, 1, etc for all pawns, factories, spawnpoints and some pickups and could see no differences - each bDifficulty level for all the things I looked at was set to True. This presumably means that the same pawns, etc appear at each difficulty level?
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

https://pixeldrain.com/u/MrEgtogq - Day One Patch (treat this as V1a)

Changelog:

* Nali security personnel in Vegra and resistance fighters in River Ruins now received weapons, as they're logically expected to be armed.

This will be the last update for V1. Any further bugs and issues will be fixed at a later date and bump up the version number.
This patch is now included in the NewbiesPlaground mirror archive. Apologies for the inconvenience.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

In River Ruins, I'm with the Nali guy "What is a Suduko(?)"? Any tips on how to solve it and how long should it take to solve it?
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

First off, to the left of the door there's a bunch of hints. It really is a sudoku, just with custom glyphs. One per row, one per column.