UnrealArchive.org

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Shrimp
Adept

Re: UnrealArchive.org

Post by Shrimp »

Neon_Knight wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:46 pm Sorry for bothering with this, Shrimp, but, any news about support for UT3 custom content?
Support for UT3 maps has landed, including mostly working map screenshot extraction support.

There are some eccentricities such as lack of LevelInfo, so people got creative with adding author names to things like the player count string in the associated .ini files, so a fair amount of brittle scraping is needed to get those values, but it mostly seems to work.

If anyone has an archive of individually packaged UT3 maps, I can try to bulk import those to get things going. I cannot scrape http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/ because the throttling there seems to have got a bit much, even just browsing the site to find test maps gives me a "Please don't hammer the site" error most of the time.

Otherwise, the submission option on the website works as well if you have smaller collections to upload.

---

I'll try to figure out mutators next.

---

Edit: I should also add - there's no "Themes" support. It looks like the only "themes" UT3 really has are "Human", "Necris", and "Liandri Tech". The lowered reliance on BSP also means the method I used to determine themes doesn't really apply well to these maps, so something else to think about for later.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Acoma
Average

Post by Acoma »

wow that will be interesting since ut3 content is hard to find even when the game was new
though the only thing that made ut3 any fun was crucible weapons
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Shrimp wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:47 am
Neon_Knight wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:46 pm Sorry for bothering with this, Shrimp, but, any news about support for UT3 custom content?
Support for UT3 maps has landed, including mostly working map screenshot extraction support.

There are some eccentricities such as lack of LevelInfo, so people got creative with adding author names to things like the player count string in the associated .ini files, so a fair amount of brittle scraping is needed to get those values, but it mostly seems to work.

If anyone has an archive of individually packaged UT3 maps, I can try to bulk import those to get things going. I cannot scrape http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/ because the throttling there seems to have got a bit much, even just browsing the site to find test maps gives me a "Please don't hammer the site" error most of the time.

Otherwise, the submission option on the website works as well if you have smaller collections to upload.

---

I'll try to figure out mutators next.

---

Edit: I should also add - there's no "Themes" support. It looks like the only "themes" UT3 really has are "Human", "Necris", and "Liandri Tech". The lowered reliance on BSP also means the method I used to determine themes doesn't really apply well to these maps, so something else to think about for later.
Excellent! I've started uploading the stuff I've gathered.

You should consider adding a category for Greed, it was an unofficial rule in the community that maps with CTF-GRD or VCTF-GRD prefixes are meant to be played exclusively with the mod.

In the meantime... I've published this in the official UT Discord. :3

OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Neon_Knight wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:24 pm Excellent! I've started uploading the stuff I've gathered.

You should consider adding a category for Greed, it was an unofficial rule in the community that maps with CTF-GRD or VCTF-GRD prefixes are meant to be played exclusively with the mod.
Thanks for all the submissions, been working through them.

Greed was already there, but there's a bug currently which sees the CTF prefix and doesn't bother looking for CTF-GRD or longer variations, fixing that too.

Lets see if the extra publicity does anything :)
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

Shrimp wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:47 amSupport for UT3 maps has landed
Dang! That's great news :rock:
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

I'm downloading manually the files from ut3.ut-files.org. Yeah, it's tedious as hell, but it's the best we can do for now. I've submitted a bunch of them already.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

The website "http://rusut.ru" has interesting stuff that can be stored @UnrealArchive, have you guys checked it?
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

I'm having a lot of fun fixing issues in the Archive, lol!

I still have UT3 content to submit, though.

Automatically merged

JimmyCognitti wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:16 am The website "http://rusut.ru" has interesting stuff that can be stored @UnrealArchive, have you guys checked it?
I've uploaded some stuff from there these last days.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

It looks to me like the Latest Content Additions is not working properly - maps are being added to the 21 May heading and not to 23 May or 24 May. I'm pretty certain of this as a number of UT map packs have appeared under 21 May that weren't there on that date.
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

OjitroC wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:41 pm It looks to me like the Latest Content Additions is not working properly - maps are being added to the 21 May heading and not to 23 May or 24 May. I'm pretty certain of this as a number of UT map packs have appeared under 21 May that weren't there on that date.
The content was submitted and indexed on the 21st; it just hasn't been merged yet, since there's so much (thanks @Neon_Knight :lol2:) it takes a while to review and tweak things like authors that were picked out of READMEs incorrectly and stuff.
ShrimpWorks
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Shrimp wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:15 am(thanks @Neon_Knight :lol2:)
You're welcome... :lol:

And I'm still not done yet. :3

Automatically merged

So... uh... we found out an error. And it needs taking care ASAP:

https://github.com/unreal-archive/unrea ... /issues/53
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Why is the Piñata mutator nowhere to be found in the 'chives? I thought it was pretty ubiquitous o.o

Automatically merged

Automerge, do your thing!

Non-UMOD package of ModMenuExtension by Wormbo. Same with pinata and pinataretail – got from Medor, extracted UMODs, re-packaged here.

I'm not sure what the difference between pinata and pinataretail is. Someone mind to elucidate?
Attachments
Pinata_noumod.zip
(4.6 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
PinataRetail_noumod.zip
(7.92 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
ModMenuExtension111_noumod.zip
(39.62 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:36 am
I'm not sure what the difference between pinata and pinataretail is. Someone mind to elucidate?
The readme for Piñataretail states
A random health drop mode has been added in this version.
It also fixes a bug in V1.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

But the original Pinata mutator has random health drops ...I use it for 20 years now
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:11 pm But the original Pinata mutator has random health drops ...I use it for 20 years now
Then you're using version 2 - PinataRetail is the name of the umod/zip - the mutator/package name is the same as the first version - Pinata. There's no mention of health drops in the code for Version 1.