XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

How you play in XVehicles?

Multiplayer and local play
30%
Only Multiplayer
35%
Only local play
26%
Not play
9%

Total votes: 23

Buggie
Godlike

Re: XVehicles (Network play) (VCTF, VMH for UT99)

Post by Buggie »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:12 pm Can we expect CTF4 support any time soon?
XVehicles is mostly like new weapons. it is not related to game types. Mostly.
So it already support all possible game types.
If you have concrete issues with some game types - feel free report about that.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

I won't stop repeating that there should be at least one small, one-man, lightweight, easily maneuverable vehicle. It's the only thing missing in this mod.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Oh, I had no idea the vehicles already had the Green and Gold colours implemented! Sweet :D
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:42 am Weapon lockers don't work very well with weapon mods like Nali Weapons 3.
AFAIK it is only NW3 problem. All of 3 issues. Since replacement of weapons postponed only here. All other weapons mods must work fine.
Not sure about StuffSwapper or similar mutators. If it do in same way as NW3 it can be same problem.

Automatically merged

Checked StuffSwapper. It is replace instant on spawn, like all others mods do. Must be no any problem with it.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:58 pm Checked StuffSwapper. It is replace instant on spawn, like all others mods do. Must be no any problem with it.
StuffSwapper doesn't replace the weapons in the XWeaponsLocker - at least with the configuration I'm using (CS_v16_2, TNTWeapon and a Stinger I've modified). It does replace any 'standalone' default UT weapons that may be in the map as well as default UT pickups (armor, thigh pads, etc).
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

IDK. Maybe be configuration dependent. I just check way how it goes. And only for 3.2 version. Anyway if not replace on postpone, then all must be fine.

Automatically merged

v31

- Replace meshes in WeaponLocker if weapon replaced by some mods (not all supported).
- Add hack for support NW3 in WeaponLocker.

Updated in first post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Buggie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:58 pm
Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:42 am Weapon lockers don't work very well with weapon mods like Nali Weapons 3.
AFAIK it is only NW3 problem. All of 3 issues. Since replacement of weapons postponed only here. All other weapons mods must work fine.
Actually, they at least give you the NW3 weapons, only quirk being how they handle giving ammo (sometimes they give more if you run in again). This doesn't hold true for RocketsUT.

The main issue they have, though, and I'm not even sure if this is related to a weapon mod to begin with, is that bots keep going back and forth between the weapon lockers. This might actually be an issue with CTF-XV-LavaGiant specifically, but I have no idea.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Check latest build.

Bots goes because want pickup what not have. Since class not replaced, they try collect old weapons again and again.

Same as Pavlov's dog, when dog able eat food, but not able reach it to stomach. Bot able goes to weapon, touch it, but not able get it to inventory, since it replaced. And bot attracted (starving) again.

Automatically merged

Gustavo6046 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:42 pm Actually, they at least give you the NW3 weapons, only quirk being how they handle giving ammo (sometimes they give more if you run in again). This doesn't hold true for RocketsUT.
Not really get what you mean about RocketsUT. Also I fail run RocketsUT, so not able test my self. RocketsUT loaded but no any replacement in any place. Everywhere usual weapons. Maybe v469c issue, idk.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm using examples from my most recent map edit, although I've seen this sort of thing even while being in an Xvehicle so it's worth noting.

When you kill someone else while driving, more often than not it says that person was killed by your vehicle... but not always.

Fairly often it says the person in the other vehicle was TELEFRAGGED by you...
...which isn't so bad, as you still get a point for it.

But every so often what happens is...
...you kill the other guy but it says they killed themselves and you get no points at all.

This may not be fixable, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Well know issue. No solution yet.

Automatically merged

New VCTF server in New Zealand:
Gibblets.com | Nz - CTF - XVehicles V31
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Regarding this...
Gustavo6046 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:12 pmCan we expect CTF4 support any time soon?
...I took a tour through my CTF4 & CTFM maps yesterday to see which ones might be good for XV.

Criteria I used were primarily maps that have no bridges or deep water, as bots tend to love to pull a Thelma & Louise anytime those are present.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

All that's left is to test them and work out which vehicles work best for each environment.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:12 pm Can we expect CTF4 support any time soon?
The mod is gametype-agnostic, in fact there's already a CTFM conversion in the Unreal Archive:

https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... index.html
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm seeing "EvilGrins XV" on a lot of those, but when I click that it doesn't bring up all my XV edits, only that specific map for the one I clicked.

Maybe whoever set that up should only list me as "EvilGrins".
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

v32

- Fix vehicle collision code.
- Fix death messages.
- Improved bot aim prediction for bPhysicalGunAimOnly guns.
- Reset fast warshell hacks on game end.
- Allow disable FastWarShell via ini param bDisableFastWarShell.
- Add XVehiclesHUD mutator for show in HUD who inside vehicle.

Update in first post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, maybe some better CTF4 support wouldn't be a bad idea.

Periodically, players get more than 1 flag at a time...
...and they are displayed on the back, more or less like that.

But it seems XV is not well equipped to handle having more than 1 flag at all...
Image Image