some ideas

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

some ideas

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Not sure what is the most appropriate section for this. But either way all that discussion and things that were coming out, including duke nukem forever 2001 made me think of some ideas. Like, did anyone ever attempt to make a zombie or possesed human that would have a special type of pupae attached to him, like on the back or something, making him essentially a zombie? It could work...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: some ideas

Post by papercoffee »

can you elaborate it further?
I can't get an idea of your description...
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Like the Poison Zombie from Halflife 2?
Signature goes here.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Basically a new variant of pupae that can attach itself to a host. And I don't mean necessarily multiple, yes I know that a singular should be in theory pupa, but unreal calls it all pupae, so there you go.

No I didn't have the hl2 zombies in mind even, but I mean indeed like headcrabs except attaching themselves to the back instead on the head...
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

I'll have a tinker when 227j is released as far as attaching models together, but in all honesty, I really can't be bothered programming another pawn.
I'm more interested in replicating the spider effect from Unreal2 where the arachnids crawl all over a player model.
Signature goes here.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

ExpEM wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:20 am I'll have a tinker when 227j is released as far as attaching models together, but in all honesty, I really can't be bothered programming another pawn.
I'm more interested in replicating the spider effect from Unreal2 where the arachnids crawl all over a player model.
If you want to make a new pawn just reuse temporarily the old code, this was just an idea to see where it could go, though I'd prefer if it wasn't limited to 227, I mean there can be a few hacky ways to do it including making a new mesh altogether.
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:39 pm
ExpEM wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:20 am I'll have a tinker when 227j is released as far as attaching models together, but in all honesty, I really can't be bothered programming another pawn.
If you want to make a new pawn just reuse temporarily the old code, this was just an idea to see where it could go, though I'd prefer if it wasn't limited to 227, I mean there can be a few hacky ways to do it including making a new mesh altogether.
Anything I do will just be experimenting with 227j, try the models board (here and OldUnreal) to see if anyone is keen to do a model for you.
If you can doodle out a concept wouldn't hurt either.
Signature goes here.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I could draw a concept but it would have to be on paper as I'm terrible with the electronic stuff drawing.

But why would I bother now? my life just got turned upside down again and I can't take it anymore...I can't......

And its very different from what other people will say or do.....i will not make sense to you...it can't be just told unless you know the similar experience...but if you do the chances are...it will fuck you up frm within so you will not appreciate it either way...
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Right now I'm not getting around to drawing(I can do it using not electronic means though) but I thought I might at least whip up a mockup image instead of concept...well I ended up with a quick "drawing" of pupae being bitten into the guy's exposed backbone but because touchpad is awkward for me to use with my motoric senses, the combination of pressing a button to draw and actually going with it...well my finger slipped and I started to laugh uncontrollably so this is the result...
now the pupae looks like some kind of zombie doped fish...

:lol2:

Automatically merged

I also meant a single pupa on the back bitten into spine, not multiple pupae. Its just the classname is pupae.
Attachments
pupaelol.png