CTFM-NBK-NaliTemple-Dx2022_4x4

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

CTFM-NBK-NaliTemple-Dx2022_4x4

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Hello All,
This is my first attempt at a MultiCTF map. I have converted my NBK-NaliTemple-Dx][ map into a MultiCTF map. I have checked with Map Garbage and have some good results. I'm sure you guys will find issues. Let me know so I can fix it before I release it. I haven't added any music yet. It's hard to find something that everyone will like. And there is nothing worse than an annoying song in a map that plays over and over until you just shut the music off. Anyway, I hope I did a good job. The link for the map is at the bottom.

http://dxfxhouse.com/maps/CTFM-NBK-Nali ... 22_4x4.rar
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: CTFM-NBK-NaliTemple-Dx2022_4x4

Post by OjitroC »

A really nice map - some interesting changes from the default CTF version :gj:

I haven't played it yet but have wandered around, as I often do with new maps - noticed that whilst the Red and Gold bases have a minigun the Blue and Green bases don't.

I got this in the log
Spoiler
ScriptLog: Warning: CTFM-NBK-NaliTemple-Dx2022_4x4.ElevatorMover0 is BumpOpenTimed. Bots don't understand this well - use StandOpenTimed instead!
ScriptLog: Warning: CTFM-NBK-NaliTemple-Dx2022_4x4.ElevatorMover1 is BumpOpenTimed. Bots don't understand this well - use StandOpenTimed instead!
ScriptLog: Warning: CTFM-NBK-NaliTemple-Dx2022_4x4.ElevatorMover3 is BumpOpenTimed. Bots don't understand this well - use StandOpenTimed instead!
ScriptLog: Warning: CTFM-NBK-NaliTemple-Dx2022_4x4.ElevatorMover7 is BumpOpenTimed. Bots don't understand this well - use StandOpenTimed instead!
ScriptLog: Warning: CTFM-NBK-NaliTemple-Dx2022_4x4.ElevatorMover6 is BumpOpenTimed. Bots don't understand this well - use StandOpenTimed instead!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Thank you OjitroC. I will add all issues to my list of items to fix.
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:48 pm ... I haven't added any music yet. It's hard to find something that everyone will like. And there is nothing worse than an annoying song in a map that plays over and over until you just shut the music off. Anyway, I hope I did a good job.
Yes, excellent work [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx :tu:

Don't know if it helps or not but I noticed you can create a virtual juke box by using a ShootTrigger to call a RoundRobin, that calls any number of MusicEvents. Then leave the last MusicEvent 'Song' parameter blank to turn the music off.

Put your Juke Box somewhere centrally located so players can select whatever songs they want.

Be sure to set the RoundRobin's bLoop=True so you can cycle though the play list more than once.

I've been using it on my last few maps, and yes I agree, it helps prevent the looping music from driving players crazy. :shock:
Attachments
DM-CycleMusicTest.unr
(11.95 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
jmartin
Skilled

Post by jmartin »

I received a request for a tutorial on this subject, so here it is. Thanks

The example I posted uses 3 default Unreal Tournament UMX music files (Cannon.umx, Colossus.umx and Course.umx), but you can use any UMX files you want.

Tutorial:

Open your map.

Add a Trigger
Set TriggerType to "TT_Shoot" (Shoot the trigger to cycle though play list).
Set Events/Event to whatever name you want to call your RoundRobin.

Add a RoundRobin.
Set Events/Tag to whatever name you want to call your RoundRobin.
Set RoundRobin/bLoop to "True" (so players can cycle through your play list more than once).
Set OutEvents to as many MusicEvents as you like.

Add as many Trigger/MusicEvent as you like.
Set MusicEvent/Song to whatever *.UMX files you want to play.

Make sure the last MusicEvent/Song is set to "None" so players can turn off music.

If you want to get really fancy, include an actual non solid Juke Box surrounding your ShootTrigger.

That way players wont go crazy listening to the same music over and over again and can cycle through any play list you create for them.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.
Attachments
VJB01.jpg
VJB02.jpg
VJB03.jpg
VJB04.jpg
VJB05.jpg
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Awesome thank you @jmartin
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

One thing I noticed when playing through the map is that, whilst it is possible to get from the lowest level to the top via the lifts, it is not possible to get down like that - the lift on the lowest level doesn't come up - should it?
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:51 am One thing I noticed when playing through the map is that, whilst it is possible to get from the lowest level to the top via the lifts, it is not possible to get down like that - the lift on the lowest level doesn't come up - should it?
That is correct I do not have any lifts that start up and go down. I think I would need to add a trigger at the top of the lift to call the elevator. Otherwise, you need to jump down to the lower levels and the bots seem to do this with no issues. I have placed health pick-ups at the bottom of the far jump-offs to cure damage you would receive in reg gravity. I'm open to suggestions if you think I should add something to eliminate this?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

No I think it's OK especially as bots can handle it - I just wondered really.