How to create high ping on a local network?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
ExpEM
Adept

How to create high ping on a local network?

Post by ExpEM »

Okay, so I'm finally taking a proper look at how to code replication and I've come to the conclusion that for learning / testing purposes I'd like to create a high ping environment on my local network.
I have no idea how to go about this so any input would be appreciated :tu:
Signature goes here.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: How to create high ping on a local network?

Post by sektor2111 »

I do tests concerning a high ping using a normal connection for a server and another mobile 2G type for client game. Here I have some 160-210 ms ping helping me to figure how do works a client in such a situation.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

On start line of local server you can append params:
PKTLOSS= - tells the engine to simulate packet loss in netplay for testing (value is a percentage, up to 100)
PKTORDER= - tells the engine to simulate packets out of order (value treated as a bool, 1 or 0)
PKTDUP= - tells the engine to simulate duplicate packets (value is a percentage, up to 100)
PKTLAG= - tells the engine to simulate lag in netplay (value is in milliseconds)

You need PKTLAG, so for make ping +900 it be:
ucc.exe ... -PKTLAG=900
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yaay, now that's a good Information :gj: .
Dennis
Average

Post by Dennis »

Information of this kind should never be shared. It has been used in tournaments to put "fake" lag on oponents, but the lag is NOT fake, on online servers you WILL lag and be unable to play the game = hosting clan wins the tournament easy.

DELETE PLEASE!!!
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This TestLag is available for ALL connections without discrimination. You can relax, it's nothing to be worried about.
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

For somebody who probably will come here later, searching for universal solution: https://www.ntkernel.com/windows-packet ... -emulator/
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Buggie wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:46 am On start line of local server you can append params:
PKTLOSS= - tells the engine to simulate packet loss in netplay for testing (value is a percentage, up to 100)
PKTORDER= - tells the engine to simulate packets out of order (value treated as a bool, 1 or 0)
PKTDUP= - tells the engine to simulate duplicate packets (value is a percentage, up to 100)
PKTLAG= - tells the engine to simulate lag in netplay (value is in milliseconds)

You need PKTLAG, so for make ping +900 it be:
ucc.exe ... -PKTLAG=900
Thanks Buggie, this is perfect!
Signature goes here.