Nexgen Server Controller

Discussions about Servers
Buggie
Godlike

Re: Nexgen Server Controller

Post by Buggie »

Issue look like break mutator chain. Try print it on every tick and look and server log.
Or use editactor from server log for look on it manually on UT run as dedic for latest preview, locally, with same setup OFC.
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

smartscorboard is comptabile with the Siège mod??

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Berserker
Experienced

Post by Berserker »

Letylove49 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:54 pm smartscorboard is comptabile with the Siège mod??
no we dont use smartscoreboard, siegeIV has its own scoreboard integrated within it
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I have created a plugin for Nexgen, activate it as ServerActor, and according to log it is loaded and unloaded when map switches. But its INI file is only read when the UT server is restarted. Is this the normal behaviour? Is there any command like "LoadConfig()" to manually load the INI file values?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Can anyone explain why Nexgen change name of package on every release?

Nexgen is package which aimed ONLY to dedicated servers. It simple check level mode and refuse start if level not in dedicated server mode.
So there no any reason for install it to client installation.

So this package name can be used again and again.
And no need recompile any dependent mutators, plugins and so on.

If some want extract from cache files and put in your client System folder, and get mismatch on v436 - then it is not our concern. This ppl must know what to do. Remove conflicted package and reconnect (with restart UT).
Why we must care of users which do stupid things? They can delete or alter system files in same dumb way. We must ignore that.

So, again, why nexgen need each time change package name?

Automatically merged

I see only one possible issue - if you goes to another server, from this one, and on this one used one version of nexgen, while on another server - another version of nexgen, this lead to package mismatch, even if it loaded from cache, since UT not able (dumb bug) load proper package, until old not be unloaded, and old still used on server where you now, so can not be unloaded.
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

Buggie wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:25 pm Can anyone explain why Nexgen change name of package on every release?

Nexgen is package which aimed ONLY to dedicated servers. It simple check level mode and refuse start if level not in dedicated server mode.

So this package name can be used again and again.

If some want extract from cache files and put in your client System folder, and get mismatch on v436 - then it is not our concern. This ppl must know what to do. Remove conflicted package and reconnect (with restart UT).
Why we must care of users which do stupid things? They can delete or alter system files in same dumb way. We must ignore that.

So, again, why nexgen need each time change package name?

Automatically merged

I see only one possible issue - if you goes to another server, from this one, and on this one used one version of nexgen, while on another server - another version of nexgen, this lead to package mismatch, even if it loaded from cache, since UT not able (dumb bug) load proper package, until old not be unloaded, and old still used on server where you now, so can not be unloaded.
Probabely for compatibility with the package. i don't know more i have deel with for the MHA version

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

"

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Buggie wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:25 pm Can anyone explain why Nexgen change name of package on every release?

That's not correct, Nexgen is way more than a pure server side package (hence it needs to be added to the ServerPackages). It comes with lots of clientside code/resources (HUD, GUI etc) and therefore the package needs to be available for each client. While the name Server Controller might be a bit misleading, something purely server side would be way more limited in terms of features and user experience.
Buggie wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:25 pm So this package name can be used again and again.
Besides the version mismatches, how would (clientside-)-plugins be able to work without being recompiled for an updated Nexgen base-package? An update of the plugin API in the base package will of course require plugin to be recompiled in order to work.
Buggie wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:25 pm If some want extract from cache files and put in your client System folder, and get mismatch on v436 - then it is not our concern. This ppl must know what to do. Remove conflicted package and reconnect (with restart UT).
It looks like to me that you are questioning the whole file versioning of UT of the last 20 years? I mean, why are maps marked with version suffixes, or mutators, or other mods? Besides you'll likely end up in complete confusion about the versions (where you need to fall back to some file-size table or something), one main reason has always been to avoid version mismatches. Since the all previous UT versions had no convenient way to solve the mismatches when connecting to a server, players were left quite stranded on what to do now (and likely just joined a different server then). And this did not only affect players who did extract their cache (where you can argue whether they actually know what they are doing), but as you said, also people who had the package loaded coming from a different server. Or also players installing some maps/mods either manually or via UMOD or for whatever reasons had these files in their UT folders. This is where the vast majority of custom content for UT is coming from and what they want to avoid using clear package name versioning.

I've not actively followed the latest v469 progress of the last 2 years, but I recall that v469 can solve mismatches while in game - which is great! But as you can see, Nexgen and its plugins were developed (way) before the v469 release. So that would answer your question about changing the package name for new versions - avoiding mismatches and having clear version notation. Just like very other mod did :) I personally wouldn't say this should be changed now just to keep things backward compatible (again, I'm not aware about the direction development is going) and it's not such a big bummer (since there has been no update of the Nexgen 112 base for like 10 years). I've been saying that quite often, that it should be made sure to not update the base package for lite changes regularly, just to keep file and update overhead reasonable (something the "inofficial" releases might not follow too closely :D ).

But yeah, thinking in classic 436/451 engine, plugin will still need to be recompiled and redownloaded for updates of the base version. Has this changed with v469? So theoretically, if the base plugin API has not changed, the plugins would still be able to work with an updated base package.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Nexgen is not server-side package. But it not client usable package.
Name verioning matter for stuff which can be installed and used locally.
Nexgen not able be used locally. So no point change name each time if API not change.
But yea. still some weird bugs in engine prevent such approach. So look like new release must come with new name. Unfortunately.
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

Nexgen113 devellopement status
here all that has been done untile the 23.08.2022

Changlog by Spongebob

-Fixed the formatCmdArg bug of NexgenExtendedClientControllers
-Fixed a possible infinite loop in the replace function
-Fixed the F2 server info not being displayed
-Fixed NexgenHUD not resetting Canvas.bCenter (results in invalid text offset, e.g. for server info of MonsterHunt2Gold)
-Make NexgenHUD scale with v469 Font Scaling
-Add hook for plugins to suppress messages to the NexgenHUD (allows for fixing HUD incompatibility with MH and possible other gametypes/mods)
-Make HUD more customizable by the client. This includes:
* Variable font sizes in chat HUD / other messages
*Variable amount of lines in the chat HUD / other messages
*Configurable color schemes

Changlog by Letylove49: thanks to DU for some fonction that i have added with the permission of Bob.

- Fixed Monstercritical event are now display on the center of the screen (NexgenHUDWrapper and NexgenHUDWrapperT)
- Changed : text color the chat is now the color selected by the player (NexgenHUD)
- Added bannerName, this will display the name of the admin who banned the player on the NexgenBannedDialog.
- Added Autoserverban for ban a player who use a exploit Wmessage hack
- Added KickMatch . the player will be banned until the end of the match on moderate pannel
- Changed The Button Kick, Kickmatch and Ban are now colonally on logical order like Buggie has sugested to me: Kick kick match and ban on Moderate Pannel ,No longer oversised button like in nexgen112N
changed :Fonction set content for popup window increased to 6 value instead of 4. this required the modification on Nexgenplus101 for be compatible and i have already done.

NexgenPlus Changelog
Added Fonction to add or remove bot on the game. ( this was already back on NexgenPLus100N)
Added Fonction to let player which annoucer message he want to use. ( GoodluckWarior and Prepare for Battle)
i use to add GoodluckWarrior on NexgenPlus100 on MHA edition because i was unable to find the file Prepare.wav and i was unable to complile.
is why ihave use the message from NexgenXMH the Version of Bob of Du team. ( i have the permission to use is stuff)

in Gras this will be moved into Nexgenplus for serveradds and Chatlog // Limited administrator will be removed.

Nexgen113T aboutjpg.jpg
Client setting .jpg
moderate pannel with ban burron on fbottom  position .jpg
Bot add and remove buttion on NexgenPlua101T .jpg
Level 7 Limired administrator   .jpg
Level 8 admin server admin .jpg
Leve 6 admin   .jpg
F2 Menu on MH2 Gold MHA editionb.jpg
F2 server info .jpg
ServersAdds .jpg

Removed Lemited administrator
Chatlog and serveradss >>> Nexgen Plus like wanted spongebob biut is very more difficulte to dot on this way.
Attachments
F2 server info .jpg
Last edited by Letylove49 on Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Can you pass this code through to SpongeBob for checking before releasing nexgen113.

We need to be absolutely sure that these options are fully functional.

Also we need to update all currently active extensions.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

Que wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:05 am Can you pass this code through to SpongeBob for checking before releasing nexgen113.

We need to be absolutely sure that these options are fully functional.

Also we need to update all currently active extensions.
we need pehahs wait that Buggie do what i want to do on Nexgen before to make it checkked by Spongebog ( if he want to do because he has left ut for the moment)

but yes i good idea i thinks.

if Spongebob have the time he can ask me to provoide my work to him.
we need the permission of spongebob for dot an new public relase for his plugins

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

i have a idee to add to nexgenplus

the possibility for a team to add the team logo utx file on Nexgen but this time no on credit but on a onglet for it we need a fonction to import the file.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

On request of Spongebob

The Limited adminstrator iright has been removed. /that meen when a server who use Nexgen112N muse make a copy of the nexgen.ini because the next verson will requiie a new one because the level limited adminstrator has been removed.

The server adds and Chatlog will moved to Nexgenplus becaus this is more a option

i have send to Spongebob the Nexgen113 without server adds , chatlog and Limited adminstrator package of Nexgen

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

i will let Spongebob or Buggie do the Nexgen113 .

I thought I could help with nexgen development after Spongebob left ut but what I’m doing is not suitable .

I will add that it should not be forgotten that I started and that I have that can of experience so one cannot expect me to do as an experienced coder for years. Nevertheless I thank Spongebob for asking me to put some things in plugin that allowed me to progress.

Letylove49 aka Alicia