[Solved in 469b and 469c]In some future update 469d with : MaleOne Voice (Man Down!)?

Discussions about everything else
Ubir4
Adept

[Solved in 469b and 469c]In some future update 469d with : MaleOne Voice (Man Down!)?

Post by Ubir4 »

Does anyone know if the oldunreal team that makes the new updates for u1 and ut, if they have any interest in creating the maleone voice "Man down!" to complete what in my opinion was missing!? (In some future update).
I don't know if it's a strange question/idea.
I just think it would be possible to be able to make a very perfect audio similar to male1's voice and create that speech that hasn't been done yet.

I think it's a detail, not having that line. But I see everyone committed to the perfection / improvement of the (beloved) game that I know that time will come. One day this will be what will be left to be resolved. And how new days won't stop coming... if that's what it's going to be that phrase: "THIS WAS JUST WHAT I MISSED."

EDIT:

WARNING:
OjitroC wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:04 pm It plays OK in UED 2 with 469b - did you put the sound in the MaleOne Voice Pack?

In UED, go to the Actor Browser, then in the Actor tree -> Info -> Voice Pack -> Challenge Voice Pack -> Voice Male -> Voice Male One.

Right click on Voice Male One - click on Default Properties. Then go to OtherSound

Then go back to the Sound Browser, with Male Voice One aux file open - highlight M1Mandown. Go back to the Default Properties dialogue and in slot [5] in Other Sound, click on Use. You'll have to click first on the white box with None and this will make the Use button visible. Clicking on Use should asign the sound.

To save it, click on Botpack in the panel at the bottom of the Actor browser and then click on the Disc icon at the top of the browser. Note this will change your Botpack file and may affect whether you can play online.

You can't do this in the 469b Editor as it doesn't like sound files with a group called (All), which the Male One voice has. You will need to use the Editor in 436.

Automatically merged

The M1Mandown sound won't appear in the list of sounds in Male Voice One unless you actually open your 'new' Male1Voice.uax - this is true in both 436 and 469 - the Sound Browser presumably gets the sounds from the MaleVoiceOne VP in Botpack.u (and not from the aux file) so obviously if the sound isn't in the Botpack it won't be loaded in the Editor.
Attachments
VoicePatch_ManDown_fixed files (UT469c).zip
(24.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet
VoicePatch UT469b.zip
(24.19 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Last edited by Ubir4 on Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:43 am, edited 8 times in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: [469c ?!] In some future update: Male2 Voice (Man Down!)?

Post by OjitroC »

Apologies for being pedantic but it's the MaleOne voice that Mandown is missing from :P
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

You should bring your concern here:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Yea. This must goes to github anyway. And if you know good copyright free sources, which can be used, or able do it by self, attach them too.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:14 pm Apologies for being pedantic but it's the MaleOne voice that Mandown is missing from :P
Thank's, is MaleOne Voice. :thuup:
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: [469c ?!] In some future update: MaleOne Voice (Man Down!)?

Post by sektor2111 »

Question: Why not having an additional package for being downloaded by 436 player connected to a 469x Server ?
Answer: Because we want to ruin all backward compatibility, that's why. We put new classes unknown in prior versions, new functions and all needs for rejecting every single 436 user.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:17 pm Question: Why not having an additional package for being downloaded by 436 player connected to a 469x Server ?
Answer: Because we want to ruin all backward compatibility, that's why. We put new classes unknown in prior versions, new functions and all needs for rejecting every single 436 user.
But it's not a new class nor a new function - the discussion here is to do with a missing sound that is present in MaleVoice2 and in both Female voices - Botpack.MaleVoiceOne already contains the OtherString "Mandown!" in slot [5] but does not contain a sound in OtherSound slot [5].

Would adding a sound in that slot break backwards compatibility?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So that one is already there... Because I found once a map having whatever sound from Announcer which was logged as not being found. I was wondering where are these assets coming from... AnnouncerSpectator whatever it's new in 469b...
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I'd have to check but what if the ut beta had that voice and it was later cut? Not sure though but it might be good to check the packages.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:29 pm So that one is already there... Because I found once a map having whatever sound from Announcer which was logged as not being found. I was wondering where are these assets coming from... AnnouncerSpectator whatever it's new in 469b...
For a long time, after finishing a MH map I looked in the log and found a warning about a missing Announcer sound. On looking in the Announcer sound file I was using I found that there was no sound for Winner (I think that's what it's called), so exported an appropriate sound from another Announcer pack and imported it into the one I am using - now when I finish a MH, I get the announcement Flawless Victory!! (whether it is nor not :P).

There are a lot of different Announcer packages around - perhaps someone put a sound from a non-default Announcer.uax into that map (though no idea why they would do that)?

I don't get any issues from the AnnouncerSpectator - there was an issue in a previous 469 version in that the AnnouncerSpectator would be in the map (as it were) - F5 through the pawns and the AnnouncerSpectator would show up, though obviously invisible and insubstantial - that no longer happens in 469b.
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:43 pm I'd have to check but what if the ut beta had that voice and it was later cut? Not sure though but it might be good to check the packages.
There are some unused UT99 sounds which can be found on The Cutting Room Floor site - including a MaleOne voice "Suck it down" - no "Mandown!" though. It might be possible to find a "Man" sound that is similar to the MaleOne voice and splice it into that "Suck it down"?
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

I Tried to do. I captured maleone's 'down' and maletwo's 'man down'. I installed Adobe Audition and tried to adjust the down and equalize in Maleone's 'Man'... It was good and fun, but I didn't know how to do it.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Ubir4 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:23 pm I Tried to do. I captured maleone's 'down' and maletwo's 'man down'. I installed Adobe Audition and tried to adjust the down and equalize in Maleone's 'Man'... It was good and fun, but I didn't know how to do it.
That's a pity - I have no idea how to do that so can't help there but perhaps someone else on here can do it.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I dont think I touched that when I did the MaleOnePlus voicepack (check my signature for link) and im not at home to check, been a while lol. If I knew I definetly couldve done it :mrgreen:
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:11 am I dont think I touched that when I did the MaleOnePlus voicepack (check my signature for link) and im not at home to check, been a while lol. If I knew I definetly couldve done it :mrgreen:
Wow! You are The "MAN" bro. Hehe, ((the man to do this magic.)) Impressive. :mrgreen:

I hadn't noticed your voice pack. The new male one voices are perfect. And yes... also without the "Man Down!" audio. Can you do this to us? Because I'm thinking damn amazing how he made these new speeches. Very good job.

Oh! And then you can complete your voice pack, with a man down audio, because it sure is very cool. Launch a new version of the voicepack (I don't know about you, but I sometimes think. It was perfect, yep, then the day passes and something appears to be done, if on the one hand I'm sad for not being as I imagined, on the other it's good for there is something to do in this new day. :highfive:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Well since I still need to update my MaleOne version of SkaarjHybrid voicepack (which I forgot to put on the signature still), I'll see what I can do... Eventually :P