Short Bot Note

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Short Bot Note

Post by OjitroC »

yarow12 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:18 pm Question: Does having the XBots mutator active affect the MBots if they're on UT's default bot list?
No.
yarow12 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:18 pmIs it even okay to add MBots to the XBots lists? o.O
Yes - I use XBots9 and a reasonable proportion of the total of 320 bots (XBots' 9 lists plus the User.ini list) are MBots - distributed in such a way that I can compare default bot and MBot 'behaviour'.

XBots are just default bots in terms of their code, etc unlike sektor's MBots.
yarow12
Novice
Personal rank: TheNeverendingGamer

Post by yarow12 »

Ah, so it's Pawns (MBots) and Bots (XBots). Is that it? Nothing that changes bots will affect pawns, right?
I wouldn't know what to do with those three Advanced Options tbh...

Automatically merged

OjitroC wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:34 pm
yarow12 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:18 pmIs it even okay to add MBots to the XBots lists? o.O
Yes - I use XBots9 and a reasonable proportion of the total of 320 bots (XBots' 9 lists plus the User.ini list) are MBots - distributed in such a way that I can compare default bot and MBot 'behaviour'.
I was wondering, but now I'm really curious? Is there a simple way to use other skins & models as MBots? If so, is there a reason to not make every bot an MBot?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

yarow12 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:56 pm Ah, so it's Pawns (MBots) and Bots (XBots). Is that it? Nothing that changes bots will affect pawns, right?
No, MBots are Bots - a child of Botpack.Bot. Some of the code of the default Bot has been changed.
yarow12 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:56 pm I was wondering, but now I'm really curious? Is there a simple way to use other skins & models as MBots? If so, is there a reason to not make every bot an MBot?
Other skins - yes; other models - no. The MBots are the default UT Boss, Male Soldier/Commando and Female Soldier/Commando - they use those default meshes; so you can indeed change the skins.

You could, for your own use, subclass the MMaleBotPlus and MFemaleBotPlus (in MBot_z.u - z being the version you want to use) and give them different meshes - I haven't tried that as I'm happy with using MBots with their current meshes and default Bots with a range of different models.

No, there is no reason not to make every bot an MBot should you wish. I don't for the reason above but that's just me.

I'm not using the current MBot version - simply because I haven't yet got around to changing my XBots lists. There are pluses and minuses with the version I'm currently using but, on the whole, I find them pretty good.

As for the Advanced Options - I don't have that version of MBots - I'm sure sektor has either described what they are in a document with the 'mod' or will gladly do so here if asked.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

My first goal was fixing Bot into a child class. The rest of "models" need a detailed revision as long as I see many of them spamming different errors which is against my first purpose: NO ERRORS.
These are just Bots replacing original stock list, no mutators no stories in menu. Other models would need those things loaded as dependencies which means X MB of packages - not my goal. Probably using other method out of dependencies.
I have to investigate how do some pickups are affecting desire in certain moment for a defender, I see them sometimes tempted to stay over an item and to run in that spot when actually item is not allowed - ammo, fully loaded but still capturing attention. There I have to add more logs and figuring what is about that sudden love for something which won't be picked up. Probably I did some changes elsewhere and... something went in a bad timing.
a9902957@nepwk.com
Experienced

Post by a9902957@nepwk.com »

What is the last known stable version (that is not prone to crashing the game) of this? cf. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15117
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

I use the latest version without any problems.