[Release] ACE v1.2e

a9902957@nepwk.com
Experienced

Re: [Release] ACE v1.2e

Post by a9902957@nepwk.com »

Soon you'd also need something like this (or just good judgements, you're the benevolent dictator in this case anyway so it is at your discretion who gets a ban, eh):
https://docs.waldo.vision/

On the point of traffic inspection: the usual pcap sniffers enhanced for interpretation by wireshark or so?
Dennis
Average

Post by Dennis »

a9902957@nepwk.com wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:13 pm Soon you'd also need something like this (or just good judgements, you're the benevolent dictator in this case anyway so it is at your discretion who gets a ban, eh):
https://docs.waldo.vision/

On the point of traffic inspection: the usual pcap sniffers enhanced for interpretation by wireshark or so?
waldo looks promissing we did have something simular running back in the days to assist the admin. What I wanted to know if that if there was some original information about the datatraffic published by the author of the software? I wil await @Anth if he will reply to it or if its no go.
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

Dennis wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:23 pm Sorry if this has been aksed before or mentioned somewhere I fail to search. I am hosting a few servers from my home server and they are private for the moment. Recently the majority in our group wants me to open up the servers for public players and advertise them and that brings on the subject of anticheat and that means ACE in modern gaming correct?

Now all prior versions of ACE we ran back in the days all referenced unrealadmin.org from the server doing some sort of ping or what it was. My question is if that traffic is still in ACE? And if it is is there somewhere where I as a responsible server admin can see what exactly data is in that traffic and what it is used for and who gets to see it? I am thinking GDPR here as we are a group from EU (Norway/Sweden/Denmark). I will be responsible personaly for whatever data goes in and out from my private server.
In its default configuration, ACE establishes at least two (or three if you're running ACE v1.3+) HTTP connections to unrealadmin.org:
1. ACE fetches the contents of http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/ip.php to figure out the gameserver's public IP address. You can safely disable the feature if necessary. You can also set up your own "WAN query server" if you want to use a different host for this purpose. See the NAT.txt document in the ACE package for instructions
2. ACE fetches the contents of http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/ACE/latestv2.txt to see if there's an updated version of ACEFileList.txt. If there is an updated list, ACE will download it. Again, the feature can be disabled if you don't like it. See SETTINGS.txt for instructions
3. ACE v1.3+ fetches the contents of http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/ACE/latesttweaklist.txt to see if there's an updated version of ACETweakList.txt. If there is an updated list, ACE will download it. Once again, the feature can be disabled if you don't like it

ACE does not send any personally identifiable data to unrealadmin.org and unrealadmin.org does not store any information about incoming connections, except in the HTTP access logs. These access logs only contain timestamps, IP addresses for incoming connections, and the name of the file that was requested. Access logs are automatically rotated/deleted. All of this should be GDPR compliant.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Several recent (Bunny Track) maps have made use of a file called "MovableSkyZone.u" (attached), and this seems to provoke ACE (1.2e):

Code: Select all

[ACEv12e]: +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
[ACEv12e]: |                                 Kick Reasons                                 |
[ACEv12e]: +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
[ACEv12e]: KickReason.....: Illegal UFunction Call or Property Access
[ACEv12e]: Func/Prop......: Trace
[ACEv12e]: Callee_4.......: Function Engine.PlayerPawn.CalcBehindView
[ACEv12e]: Callee_3.......: Function Engine.PlayerPawn.Dying.PlayerCalcView
[ACEv12e]: Callee_2.......: Function MovableSkyZone.MovableSkyZone.UpdateLocation
[ACEv12e]: Callee_1.......: Function MovableSkyZone.MovableSkyDummy.Tick
[ACEv12e]: Callee_0.......: Function MovableSkyZone.MovableSkyDummy.Tick<<<
I've tried adding an entry for this file to ACEFileList.txt, but I'm obviously doing something incorrectly because players are still being kicked:

MOVABLESKYZONE.U		-1				x		Moveable Sky
Initially I did set a file-specific MD5 value, but when kicks continued, I thought I'd try the wildcard character instead, but so far without any change of behaviour. Can someone point out where I'm going wrong? Thanks in advance!
Attachments
MovableSkyZone.u
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

Add to auto config list, maybe it will exclude
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

It can be same story with ACE as here: viewtopic.php?p=136278#p136278
It solved by add some packages in special ACE list.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Old story.
Higor told about my "lighning stuff" to change that "TRACE" - this one seems to use the same function which ACE is not loving and not understanding its usage context, dropping player disregarding its own lists.
This is my "ViewRotation"...
ShaiHulud wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:03 am

[ACEv12e]: |                                 Kick Reasons                                 |
[ACEv12e]: KickReason.....: Illegal UFunction Call or Property Access
[ACEv12e]: Func/Prop......: Trace
So... Trace is an illegal UFunction, perhaps you can be arrested and jailed for a few years if you touch this STOCK function :lol2: .
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Thanks everyone, I'll try out the ideas suggested.

Edit - I've added the file like this:

[ACEv12_AutoConfig.ACEAutoConfigActor]
UPackages[0]=MovableSkyZone.u
UPackages[1]=
Because that seems to line-up with the documentation quoted by snowguy on the EatSleepUT forum. But I note that snowguy didn't use the file extensions for his ACE package configuration, so I don't know whether this needed or not. But I'll try it out and see how things go.
dcmen007
Personal rank: 1

Post by dcmen007 »

I need acev13b_c.dll!
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

This ace will support for arm based linux? based on new patch?

ldd -r ./ACEv12e_S.so
        not a dynamic executable
Chronox
Novice
Personal rank: Rookie Admin

Post by Chronox »

Been a while, was clearing up some dust off the old UT99 Server, and could not get Ace to stop kicking players due to timeout check. (Only while connecting through local ip I had no error).

Tried turning off firewall, antivirus, etc, no fix.

Then I just went once again through the Ace documentation (FIREWALL and NAT .txt files :p) and learned that as Ace uses GameserverPort+2. :loool:

To fix the problem I double checked my NAT configuration and added additional ports for the UT server ports being open/forwarded. (e.g I had 8888 only for ut99, I added 8888-8898 range so more ports are available), that way Ace could bind 8890 (GameserverPort+2.) and now there are no timeout kicks. :tu: