Steele Dawn

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: Steele Dawn

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

It was always intended originally to be switchable between one and two mags. Just like it was in avp gold etc with the pistols.

It was only in later UT developement when this was broken. The original ospdoublemag mod by greenmarine, which was then merged into early botpack when it was an expansion pack, had always two mags switch feature. It then somehow became normal since UT release that you'd have always all the time the two mags.

As for QACannon it was always intended to be a bit unpredictable. In fact one can argue it was worse in the original. It wasn't a homing projectile at all, I find this description rather sad, it was more of a drunken missile thing.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Aspide is working further on his patch and he incorporated my sdeightball fix into it now. He fixed the rest of the scriptwarnings with this file as well.

Automatically merged

I finished SDCoop for now, this is simply for UT outside of use of the sd coop gametype that was provided. I might have forgotten to note down all the changes I made but most of it is noted. I didn't remove the voice of the pirate in lavaplant though because its a single one and i didnt feel like resaving the map yet again. I only kept some lines for other ones like :hey you" etc. Because it really gets annoying with a lot of them in coop.

SDCoop

This is made so that it can be used with any of the versions of steeledawnpakut including the new one made by Aspide. This has not use any of the new actors included in aspide's version to maintain the compat/choice and i started making it before aspide's version anyways. Aspide's UT fixes should be released soon as far as I know, but in the meantime here you have alternate version of the sd maps for UT Coop.

edit:
you will also need files from this
aspmusic

Automatically merged

Iirc ASP-Vortex is used in starport now, asp-unworld2 in riverruins and asp-missionb in jollyroger
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Afaik Aspide's fix is finished on the side of system files and won't be updated further, he was still doing some fixes for the deathmatch maps..(but otherwise it all seemed to work fine)

but I expected it to be released already so where's the holdup? And where is Delacroix to comment on this?

Also what about the moddb release?

attaching confused travolta...
Attachments
1655363333335.gif
1655363333335.gif (3.74 MiB) Viewed 826 times
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Reposted from another forum:

followup on this post http://www.oldunreal.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... f6#p101021
------------------
Since I promised I will post this:
Lootbodytest

these are just the vegra maps with various variations on the amount of items in the decorations. note, again as I said before it will only work on the original 220 version properly as the looting script has been commented out from my 224/225 port so it would compile, as a rewrite of the functions would be necessary.

I did record a video of the "two items max" setup though. When you encounter a decoration or body(or cspawn) with more than two contents of different types, it will show an additional two squares on the screen btw (not shown in the vid).

looting video
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Just to note that using the Steele Dawn HD textures in 469c gives rise to the following Warning

Code: Select all

DevLoad: WARNING: Texture SteeleDawnPak.Skins.JPirateEye has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
DevLoad: Uncompressed Mips not found. We will try to decompress on-the-fly
DevLoad: WARNING: Texture SteeleDawnPak.Skins.Jpirate01fix1 has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
DevLoad: WARNING: Texture SteeleDawnPak.Skins.JPirateTaylor has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
DevLoad: WARNING: Texture SteeleDawnPak.Skins.JFlakShelGrn has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
DevLoad: WARNING: Texture SteeleDawnPak.Skins.JFlakShelRed has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
DevLoad: WARNING: Texture SteeleDawnPak.Skins.JBigGun1 has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
The HD textures seem to be being used as far as I can tell and there do not seem to be any adverse consequences arising from the warning.

The GoldenBlade does not seem to have an HD texture or, if it does, it does not give rise to this Warning.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I suppose the only way to fix that would be a separate release of the highres packages for UT.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Probably - though as far as I can tell, that Warning happens with any S3TC or HD textures (like LightningHunter's HDSkins for Unreal and UT).

A couple of examples of the numerous warnings that I get (though only because I have commented out Suppress=DevLoad as I'm interested in what packages are loaded for each of my scriptedpawns - Suppress=DevLoad is not commented out by default so many people may not be aware of these warnings)
Spoiler
DevLoad: WARNING: Texture HDSkinsCustom.HDnxxskins4hhht has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
DevLoad: WARNING: Texture ShaneSky.moon-5 has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
As I say there do not appear to be any adverse consequences as yet and the HD textures do appear to load though I can't be sure that they always do (nor, of course, can I be sure that there will not be adverse consequences). So it may not be worth 'worrying' about - I merely raise it as something to be aware of and for those more knowledgeable than myself to consider.

Any version of the HD Steele Dawn Textures for UT would need have uncompressed mipmaps though I have no idea what the implications of that are.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Anyway is Delacroix still interested(especially considered these days nowadays) in unofficial revival of Jazz Jackrabbit 3D even after after so many years and time passing by away?
By the way I played it. Really interested mod(I heard that was originally,initially intended to be Lost Game Expansion Pack).
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:37 pm Probably - though as far as I can tell, that Warning happens with any S3TC or HD textures (like LightningHunter's HDSkins for Unreal and UT).

A couple of examples of the numerous warnings that I get (though only because I have commented out Suppress=DevLoad as I'm interested in what packages are loaded for each of my scriptedpawns - Suppress=DevLoad is not commented out by default so many people may not be aware of these warnings)
Spoiler
DevLoad: WARNING: Texture HDSkinsCustom.HDnxxskins4hhht has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
DevLoad: WARNING: Texture ShaneSky.moon-5 has compressed data in its mipmaps. This texture might have been saved by Unreal 227. Unfortunately, Unreal Tournament does not support this texture format. We will try to convert the texture.
As I say there do not appear to be any adverse consequences as yet and the HD textures do appear to load though I can't be sure that they always do (nor, of course, can I be sure that there will not be adverse consequences). So it may not be worth 'worrying' about - I merely raise it as something to be aware of and for those more knowledgeable than myself to consider.

Any version of the HD Steele Dawn Textures for UT would need have uncompressed mipmaps though I have no idea what the implications of that are.
Its just when DieHard was still around and in business..he did seem to provide separate packages for both Unreal and UT, I think he was aware of those problems and also potential other issues.

Automatically merged

gamerz31w wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:17 pm Anyway is Delacroix still interested(especially considered these days nowadays) in unofficial revival of Jazz Jackrabbit 3D even after after so many years and time passing by away?
By the way I played it. Really interested mod(I heard that was originally,initially intended to be Lost Game Expansion Pack).
Hi Luke. Btw I cannot reply to you on buf and couldn't, the only way I could is if you started a conversation with me directly. Profile posts don't do it. Its because of a power mad mod who went back and started flagging almost everything of me as violating forum rules so it resulted in RO ban. There wasn't a particular reason, just me saying something "politically incorrect" or inconvenient that went against the dogma so I was practically cancelled like they do on social media.

Still I don't think Delacroix planned anything with jazz3d at all. I was interested once in a mod but I am not in a position to do it. You see more and more people are not interested talking to me either as I have really often hit the ground IRL these days.

Steele Dawn was always planned as a third party addon/expansion pack, but it was mentioned in one magazine (polish even) as being "the" expansion pack currently at works in 1998. I have no clue whether it would have gotten an "official" stamp but these are the hints that it was at one point considered to be commercial and even if after they would release it free (like with twin dragon) it would still be a cool addon/expansion. Not everything is here how was planned or recovered. SDEightball underwent several changes. Originally during a rather temporary phase of the original project, sdeightball was going to be just eightball, with the addition that altfire would launch mininuke warhead, if player had it equipped. This is clearly in the comments. However I proposed that instead it would be added on top of the sdgrenadelauncher which was the latest addition and didn't have much of anything finished. I also proposed the projectile model would get changed not just the mesh but that didn't happen (and not such a big issue really, i just wanted it to look less like flakcannon projectiles).

Especially it makes less sense now that the ammo pickups have different mesh than flakcannon ones.

But yea the original sdgrenadelauncher only had two modes implemented, even though the name suggested it would have three. In my opinion the third one should have been the nuke. I therefore voiced a plan that was not entirely understood by delacroix at first, to reuse nuker.u (but change it up)..instead first they made a modern nuker version altogether, but i meant just for the projectile or explosion effect (which actually wasn't changed in appearance so i was misunderstood yet another time). This has led to them creting the sdeightball as it is now instead. I still think the loaded fire is a bit overkill in the primary, the secondary is more or less fine though.

But yea, I still think that by having the mininuke appear as an item/alternate ammo for the damn grenadelauncher would have been better than this solution, it does add up to the original plan and extends it. I would have had it have the peacemaker mesh but retextured with bits of the unreal championship alpha bomb (like the nuke symbol), but it wouldn't function like peacemaker anymore in my version, like not opening up and releasing rockets anymore. It could be deployed separately of the f3 gl, just the f3 gl could launch the "core" of the nuke separately.

It is likely that it would have ended up just like that if the project continued or we had a further developed system file, as under 220 they were undergoing heavy changes and everything was very much WIP.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

So what am I suppose to do right now? Those darn NDA,DMCA,copyrights infringement belated modern Epic Games(thanks to CCP,Tencent and People Can Fly) that evolved I guess for the worse. RO ban? Speaking of Jazz Jackrabbit. Also I never heard before about your for instance as an example these days nowadays Unreal Gold/Unreal 1 videogame unofficial,Unreal game fanfiction story.

Shitty brand new indie game Fortnite Battle Royale genre.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

gamerz31w wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:33 pm So what am I suppose to do right now? Those darn NDA,DMCA,copyrights infringement belated modern Epic Games(thanks to CCP,Tencent and People Can Fly) that evolved I guess for the worse. RO ban? Speaking of Jazz Jackrabbit. Also I never heard before about your for instance as an example these days nowadays Unreal Gold/Unreal 1 videogame unofficial,Unreal game fanfiction story.

Shitty brand new indie game Fortnite Battle Royale genre.
I don't know what you mean with the last sentence before you posted that video.
RO means read-only. As in I have access to my acount but cannot post or send new messages. I can only reply to private messages there for example.

Don't know what you meant with fanfiction either, you mean those parodies I posted? Otherwise I have no clue what that part meant either.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

I guess you’re right Delacroix is taking way much longer break than just only two weeks. Or he’s also done with Unreal Gold for good. It seems he also stopped responding on Discordapp PMs’/DMs’. Probably your own parodies. I guess I’m afraid he has no experience with C++ and/or Unreal Script or that’s his own lack of loosing interest. Same for instance as an example especially with Yrex. It seems she also lost interest. With helping and supporting my opensource,unofficial fangame project.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

No he doesn't have that experience. He's mostly writing stuff and obviously also voice acting and putting teams together. That's where his strength is, when it comes to something technical he won't do it, but you also lack experience yourself so I find it strange you're speaking of lack of experience here too. And sometimes it is really difficult to understand you.

It would be too bad if the last patch for SD didn't come out. I'd say it might be better to release even if just the ut side of things, so aspide's work wouldn't go to waste..but I really don't know. I tried to contact him over the phone yesterday and got no response now.
gamerz31w
Average

Post by gamerz31w »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:44 pm No he doesn't have that experience. He's mostly writing stuff and obviously also voice acting and putting teams together. That's where his strength is, when it comes to something technical he won't do it, but you also lack experience yourself so I find it strange you're speaking of lack of experience here too. And sometimes it is really difficult to understand you.

It would be too bad if the last patch for SD didn't come out. I'd say it might be better to release even if just the ut side of things, so aspide's work wouldn't go to waste..but I really don't know. I tried to contact him over the phone yesterday and got no response now.
Hm that sounds strange that he didn’t even responded telephonically to you. It might take for a while to wait for his response. But it might be the waste of time I guess.
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

V2.0 out!!