Bestbuy exclusive level.

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Bestbuy exclusive level.

Post by OjitroC »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:14 am Ah so this is an earlier version. In that case better than Baranco which wasn't the original level the guy submitted but the patched version with new textures...which is too bad, but at least this is a different and unique version I guess. Thx.
As far as I can tell, the only difference is that the original version (June 2000) has four fewer PathNodes - the August version has those additional four to fix the problem with bot pathing referred to in the readme. Everything else is the same I think.

Still it's a fun map - had forgotten all about it.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Yes, that is the CTF map with that low gravity void thing, isn't it?

(Should this version be renamed to avoid mismatches, or not? :what: )
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

If a slightly patched version exists, this shouldn't even be used.

I mean, why post a version of the map on your server that just has a couple less pathnodes? Use the August one.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:47 pm Ok so, so far:
-Babbage's had CTF-Baranco
-BestBuy had DM-Chronos
-CompUSA apperantly had AS-Bridge, according to this post: https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads ... st-2600536 ?
-Electronic Boutique had a slighty older build of CTF-Lucious, better to stick with the later, more widely used build though (thank you Delacroix!)
Updated list, I'll still keep a lookthrough, not too familar with 00's game stores though so any other ones that may've been popular enough to have a mention here, would be great! :rock:

Also updated 1st post with that list.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

AlCapowned ordered the Comp USA edition of UT Goty and it indeed came with AS-Bridge on a separate disc. I didn't yet investigate if this is a unique/different version than the commonly distributed one or the assault bonus pack one. And you guys will probably be faster, as I am preparing to go to bed and my other laptop is offline again due to electric outage...

I am attaching the level, i renamed the zip to "EL" as exclusive level....

this was sent to me by AlCapowned.

--edit by UnrealGGecko--

It seems to be the same as the commonly distributed one isn't it?

Either way this confirms indeed that the "rumor" was true so indeed AS-Bridge can be added to the list of official exclusive levels for sure.
Attachments
AS-BridgeEL.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Yup, same filesize and all, gonna update the 1st post now, thanks to both you and Al :thuup:
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Tbh we need a non-Fandom-based Unreal WIki. Doom's got their neat little Doom Wiki that runs on MediaWiki software. The closest we have to that is the BeyondUnreal Wiki, which is more a restored-shipwreck archive than an actual wiki as it stands (as is the rest of BU, to be honest), and we need something a bit more general purpose when it comes to Unreal things anyway, as the BU Wiki is focused on the technical side.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction