Screenshots for fun

Discussions about UT99
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:04 am What is the weapon the Xenoid is holding?
It's the Impaler from PSX (impalerpsx.u or possibly impalerUT.u - can't remember which one I used probably the former) - if you haven't tried it, it fires a kind of energy bolt as primary and an explosive 'thing' as secondary - has a resemblance to the Energy Lance used by the Izarians in U2. Thought it was appropriate for The Xenoid, given it could be a distant relation of the Izarians.

Another resident of Ebonhelm is Bart, here holding a toaster for some reason!
Bart.jpg

Someone else Konoko's not too keen on meeting is the Hell Queen "Servant of the Dark!!"
HellQueen.jpg
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

I remember playing DM-Chronos years ago (great map!), is it the "mysterious" Best Buy-exclusive level?
I've noticed other maps also got mentioned on the original Gecko's thread, I'm a bit confused now.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

JimmyCognitti wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:50 am Look at the screenshot I just to...

...Wait, ain't this EvilGrins' Screenshots for fun? Oops!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Somewhere in a quiet and peaceful corner of the Unreal Universe
Flap.jpg

Meanwhile, elsewhere, Konoko is in an abandoned refinery (of what she knows not - sugar is but a guess) - taking care to avoid the local wildlife

like this native of these parts, the annoying and dangerous flying snake
FlySnake.jpg

or another curious creature - the cheetor - beware its sharp teeth and claws and remember it's very fast!
Cheetor.png

Much more deadly though is this humanoid, known here as Lady Sam - certainly more alive than dead, despite her appearance, and accurate with her eightball
LadySam.jpg

Come back again some time and Konoko will be more than happy to share pics of her travels and of the things she encountered.
Last edited by OjitroC on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Currently doing a small project for fun.
I am going to try to customize the NW3 ModDB page, which is something I knew that could be done for a long time, but I never bothered doing, until now.

With the latest talks here and in Discord surrounding mod releases in ModDB and other sites, I decided to try it out, and if I come up with a good enough design and template for myself, I will share the CSS template and steps so others can customize theirs.

It's going to take a little while, and I have no idea if what I will come up with is going to look nice or not, but today I started with the background image which is going to sit at the top of the page, and will be the first thing visitors will see, and is a direct screenshot from the mod, but with just some brightness and contrast tweaks, and a gradient to black at the bottom (is still WIP though).

nw3_bg.jpg
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:45 pmor another curious creature - the cheetor - beware its sharp teeth and claws and remember it's very fast!
Is the Cheetor a bot or monster?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:26 am
OjitroC wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:45 pmor another curious creature - the cheetor - beware its sharp teeth and claws and remember it's very fast!
Is the Cheetor a bot or monster?
Here the Cheetor is a SciptedPawn/monster but it is actually a Player/Bot model - I've swapped the mesh of a SciptedHuman with the Cheetor mesh plus given it a claw weapon and some cheetah sounds - works OK with no log errors (warnings about missing animations).

Konoko doesn't find it a particularly challenging opponent especially with her trusty CS weapons and her skill but it could do significant damage to a player with default UT weapons and 100HP, in certain situations anyway. Still it's fun, which is the point of it all really.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Had an extra...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Kononko is back again in Ebonhelm because ... well, why not? It's an interesting town with lots to do and things to see ... including the replusive Reptile Man who spits green goo when angered
ReptileM.png

equally unpleasant is Regnar - origin unknown, at least to Konoko - don't be fooled by the way it holds its RL, it's quick and deadly
Regnar.png

and here, escaped from Blade Runner, is the replicant Roy Batty whose dying cry "I want more life ... father!" will ring out in the quiet streets should he attack Konoko
Batty.png

finally the Red Knight - "I'll have your head!" - Konoko, being a rogue agent and very dangerous, is skilled enough to avoid that fate
RedKnight.png
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

A pic over here...
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

JimmyCognitti wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:02 am A pic over here...
A UT art gallery? :D
What map please?
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

TankBeef wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:52 pm A UT art gallery? :D
What map please?
DM-UTGallery, this map is a blast and bot support is great.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

JimmyCognitti wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:45 pm
TankBeef wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:52 pm A UT art gallery? :D
What map please?
DM-UTGallery, this map is a blast and bot support is great.
Awesome, thanks Jimmy!!! Will try it tonight when I get home. :D
EDIT: Oh, the mad monk made it, must be good!!!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I am currently working in customizing my NW3 ModDB page, and I am trying to make it work for desktop, tablet and phone (responsive CSS), although I haven't done any web design for almost 10 years, so this is taking quite a while for me to set up 😅 .

I am also trying to set it up in such a way that others can later on reuse the same template I am creating to customize their own ModDB pages as well if they wish to, but this will certainly take a while to finish.

Thus far this is the current (very early) state I am at for my page (3 screenshots: desktop, tablet, and phone, respectively):
moddb_nw3_desktop.jpg
moddb_nw3_tablet.jpg
moddb_nw3_phone.jpg
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

it looks already fabulous.