DM-Long Forgotten (RELEASED)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
browndl
Skilled

DM-Long Forgotten (RELEASED)

Post by browndl »

Today is the day! The release is here. I hope you all enjoy the map.
DM-LongForgotten.png
Last edited by browndl on Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
Rajplu
Novice

Re: DM-Long Forgotten (WIP)

Post by Rajplu »

Thematically it looks interesting, such a wild west. I think it would be fun to make a CTF version.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Nice to see something a litle different - not a lot of good canyon maps around, certainly not recent ones. There are some in Badlands but these are of variable quality and interest (and the mod's reliance on a old version of InfAdds makes it a bit of a bind to play them in default UT).

So will follow the development of this map with considerable interest :)
Novaeon
Average

Post by Novaeon »

Looks cool! I look forward to trying it out.

If want to make a fitting skybox, you could try out using the tutorial in my signature.
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

Novaeon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:48 pm Looks cool! I look forward to trying it out.

If want to make a fitting skybox, you could try out using the tutorial in my signature.
I will definitely try making one following the tutorial. Are you familiar with Google Earth Studio? I use it quite often to make animations. https://www.google.com/earth/studio/
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

UPDATE:

Quick video to show some updates.

f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

Bravo! Very impressive!
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

f7r wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:08 pm Bravo! Very impressive!
Thanks!

Another quick look just to keep it fresh as I am such a slow mapper.

browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

Another update video for those who are interested.

browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

Should be the last quick video before the release. Map is with the beta testers right now.

[hr][/hr]

Automatically merged

Today is the day! The release is here. I hope you all enjoy the map.
DM-LongForgotten.png
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: DM-Long Forgotten (RELEASED)

Post by EvilGrins »

If I may suggest, you should put the download in the post at the start of the thread.

You should still be able to edit that.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:08 pm If I may suggest, you should put the download in the post at the start of the thread.

You should still be able to edit that.

Done
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Map looks good, no overt problems. I mean, there's this one spot where a bot will run back and forth endlessly until killed... but that's about it.

Ammo seems a bit sparse, but that fits the theme.

One amusing thing: There's a lift that goes across the space and bots ride it well. But they then get off, run to a few spots over there, and try to jump back on the lift even though it's gone... and plunge down to the bottom.

Most often they survive, but it happens every time.
Attachments
Shot0153.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:59 am Map looks good, no overt problems. I mean, there's this one spot where a bot will run back and forth endlessly until killed... but that's about it.

Ammo seems a bit sparse, but that fits the theme.

One amusing thing: There's a lift that goes across the space and bots ride it well. But they then get off, run to a few spots over there, and try to jump back on the lift even though it's gone... and plunge down to the bottom.

Most often they survive, but it happens every time.
Thanks for downloading and playing. I also appreciate the feedback. I have come to realize that the bots will do what they want when they want. After making the lift callable from either side it tended to cut down on the type of behavior you mentioned, though they still occasionally do do it. Something about the lift exit and the bots thinking they can "walk" from that point. I have witnessed them fall from great heights in other maps and survive, it is strange.

Concerning ammo, as far as I remember, there are approximately 55 ammo pickups of the various types, plus the ammo received from the weapon itself, which there are around 32 weapon pickups. It's always a struggle for me to achieve the balance between having too little or too much.

Again, thanks for taking the time to play and talk about it.
Novaeon
Average

Post by Novaeon »

Great work, I really like the lift and the texture work :) I look forward to your next one :)